All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 03:42:40 PM
Tickets got, persistence and patience seems to work best with tickets.ie because they offer some awful shite seats at first.

What section you get in the end? Tempted to stop trying and go to the CB

macdanger2

What sort of crowd would be expected at this? Around 55-60k?

Galway 5k
Kerry 10k
Ross 15k
Mayo 20k
Neutral 5k

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 24, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

Galway 5k
Kerry 10k
Ross 15k
Mayo 20k
Neutral 5k

More Kerry ones than Galway, really?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 24, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

Galway 5k
Kerry 10k
Ross 15k
Mayo 20k
Neutral 5k

They'll be more than 5K from Galway there but with the races starting the next day and the fact that the casual Galway GAA fan in Dublin might save their money for the hurling semi-final the following weekend will definitely affect the numbers.

galwayman

Hard to know what sort of crowd we'll bring. Won't be huge.
Doubt there will be 10k from Kerry though.

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on July 24, 2017, 04:03:24 PM
Tickets got, persistence and patience seems to work best with tickets.ie because they offer some awful shite seats at first.

327 in the Hogan, but I was ordering for a large group and decided I wanted a better view than the concessions that could be got in other stands. Tickets.ie seem to throw up different seats as they are added or released so it'd be worth keeping an eye on it but the CB can hardly have any tickets worse than the corner seats I was being offered at first.

SuperValu and Centra are just agents for tickets.ie and so are drawing for the same pool of tickets. Ticketmaster have a different allocation of you can hold your nose at their service fee. They had temporarily sold out the last time checked.

Manning18

Cheers. I despise Ticketmaster but there's a lot to be said for their interactive seat map where you choose your seats. Waiting 20 mins to get into tickets.ie to be offered 336 twice isn't fun. Top deck view is a lot better if they open it

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 04:24:58 PM

327 in the Hogan, but I was ordering for a large group and decided I wanted a better view than the concessions that could be got in other stands. Tickets.ie seem to throw up different seats as they are added or released so it'd be worth keeping an eye on it but the CAB can hardly have any tickets worse than the corner seats I was being offered at first.

SuperValu and Centra are just agents for tickets.ie and so are drawing for the same pool of tickets. Ticketmaster have a different allocation of you can hold your nose at their service fee. They had temporarily sold out the last time checked.

327 wouldn't be too far off the corner, maybe around the 14? Though suppose its a better view than very corner were it can be difficult to see the posts properly.

Syferus

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 24, 2017, 04:41:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 04:24:58 PM

327 in the Hogan, but I was ordering for a large group and decided I wanted a better view than the concessions that could be got in other stands. Tickets.ie seem to throw up different seats as they are added or released so it'd be worth keeping an eye on it but the CAB can hardly have any tickets worse than the corner seats I was being offered at first.

327 wouldn't be too far off the corner, maybe around the 14? Though suppose its a better view than very corner were it can be difficult to see the posts properly.

It's about the 14 ya. Fourth section from the Davin End. Compared to 301 at row UU pinned against the wall and under the overhang or 336 it's a godsend, though.

It's laughable how far behind the Canal goal the GAA considers it still the Cusack Stand, 315 my arse..

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Redhand Santa

Quote from: larryin89 on July 24, 2017, 05:12:13 PM
Mayo will not bring 20 k to a qf, nearer 13-15k.

They seemed to bring about 12k last Saturday for a qualifier game they were expected to win. You'd imagine there'll be a few more for a quarter final against a big local rival. Would Dublin not be handier than Limerick for lot of Mayo fans with lot of ones living there? Can't see Kerry bringing 10k though.

mayo.mick

I'd be expecting about 50K in Croker, mostly Roscommon and Mayo fans, plus a good few Galway.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Cunny Funt

How many did Mayo bring to the QF in 2011?  smallest ever Mayo crowd i seen in Croke Park.

mayo.mick

There'll be 40K Rossies to see their hero  ;D

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick