AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not looking too good if all some Armagh buachallí can do is the scrape the Seán Cav barrel yet again... worried about this one, much? :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Solo_run on August 01, 2017, 05:04:40 PM
Would hate to see Sean Cavanagh in a nightclub  8)

Big Sean might indeed spend half the night lying on the dance floor. Going by Saturday he would be joined on the deck by cramp suffering Armagh players just before closing time.

BennyCake

Sean Cavanagh on a dance floor. Jesus he'd never be upright. Think of all that light contact that would knock him off his feet.

omagh_gael

The Armagh boys are getting nervous as the week goes on, there'll be an emergency call out for supplies of Diazepam by Friday evening in the Orchard county!

Fuzzman

I suppose Rois and others, I am always amazed how Armagh fans seem to think the rules are different for them. There are genuine Armagh fans out there who think what McKernan did wasn't that bad and sure it's part of the game.
Likewise, that youtube video showing Dara O'Se giving an elbow to Sean's head and they seem to think Sean over-reacted to that as well.
Why do they think those things are OK and not a foul and it's just SC overreacting.

Anyway, I suppose part of my reason for keeping it going was to show other posters how ridiculous some posters are and can't call it fair.

Anyway, I'm sure Sean will be the focus of their attentions on Sat evening leaving others like HampsHey do take a few scores. I'd say the Armagh lads will enjoy one last slap at Sean before he retires.
You would imagine with 10 mins left that McGeeney will send in the bald sorry bold McKeever to say his goodbyes to Sean.

Gaffer

Send on McKeever surely.

Great player for giving us easy frees in injury time when it's all square !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 05:30:23 PM
I suppose Rois and others, I am always amazed how Armagh fans seem to think the rules are different for them. There are genuine Armagh fans out there who think what McKernan did wasn't that bad and sure it's part of the game.
Likewise, that youtube video showing Dara O'Se giving an elbow to Sean's head and they seem to think Sean over-reacted to that as well.
Why do they think those things are OK and not a foul and it's just SC overreacting.

Anyway, I suppose part of my reason for keeping it going was to show other posters how ridiculous some posters are and can't call it fair.

Anyway, I'm sure Sean will be the focus of their attentions on Sat evening leaving others like HampsHey do take a few scores. I'd say the Armagh lads will enjoy one last slap at Sean before he retires.
You would imagine with 10 mins left that McGeeney will send in the bald sorry bold McKeever to say his goodbyes to Sean.

I don't think what McKernan done was fine. I do think SC overreacted is all from what i seen on tele

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on August 01, 2017, 05:25:20 PM
Sean Cavanagh on a dance floor. Jesus he'd never be upright. Think of all that light contact that would knock him off his feet.

You boys are obsessed. Obsessed.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Gaffer on August 01, 2017, 05:35:07 PM
Send on McKeever surely.

Great player for giving us easy frees in injury time when it's all square !!!

Ehh...did you not see the rest of them tackling on Saturday? Looks like they all went thru the McKeever Tackle School of excellence.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2017, 06:15:49 PM

You boys are obsessed. Obsessed.

You boys are very touchy. Sign of nerves.

Throw ball

If Aidan O'Shea could go down as well as Sean Cavanagh Mayo may have won an All Ireland by now!

I honestly cannot see what Armagh have to worry about. In truth Tyrone should win handy enough. Armagh are a division 3 team. They have also have 3 tough games in 4 weeks and have injuries to key players. They are in bonus territory. Pressure will only be trying to continue the improvement next year.

If anything the reported comments from Harte suggest he is worried. It may be he doesn't want his players complacent or he just doesn't like Armagh. It may also be a cynical ploy to influence the referee.

Speaking of the referee I feel Gough - although a good referee - has a style that will suit Tyrone. He appears to favour the defenders in the group tackles Tyrone often apply. I prefer the ball carrier to be given the advantage much like Sean Hurson referees.

Finally with the notable exception of their display against Donegal I do not like the way Tyrone play. If Armagh decide to follow suit and keep everyone behind the ball - ala Donegal v Dublin - a few years ago we will have a terrible game. If Armagh try and play the way they have this year they could easily suffer a heavy defeat with Tyrone counter attacks. I hope Geezer has a plan.

omaghjoe

Keep yer lit Fuzz your fighting the good fight, Im enjoying you showing these haters up for what they are. Id join in myself but I havent the time

BennyHarp

Unless of course he bumped into Francie Bellow who wouldn't want to be risking that collision again!
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

If you can't distinguish between Cavanaghs head and his back then you can't expect to call other posters ridiculous and unfair.

illdecide

A great player who is at the end of his IC career, he has went down easy a few times in his career but it kinda back fired a bit as he was then targeted by oposing players and Refs but he's a big boy and can take it but lets move on it's getting boring.
Sounds like both sets of fans are getting a bit nervous and for one set of fans having to walk out of Croke Pk with a loss is just too much to bear, the thought of it is unbearable. Like i said Tyrone are favourites and knowing MH he will not under estimate Armagh, dunno why he came out with that statement...is it mind games?, is it trying to influence the Ref? or is it just to shake his own players up (or all 3). For me Tyrone are a 6pt better team than Armagh but Armagh have played in Croke Pk (last week), they have momentum, they have been in a few battles and have the sharpness in the legs. That for me is worth 3-4pts to Armagh which leaves us a couple short (F**k it, where could we steal 3 more points from).
This game has awakened the Championship and the whole of Ireland are holding their breath in anticipation for Sat, full house and hopefully a cracking game of football...C'mon Armagh!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch