Gaaboard Premiership Predictions Game 11 Midweek/Weekend Predictions Nov 4th-9th

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 04, 2009, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Not sure if there is already a thread about this. Predict the scores on all 10 games each weekend. Not sure what way i will work the scores, suggestions welcome. Was thinking 1 point for a home win, 2 for away win and 3 for a draw, though don't think that will work.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 04, 2009, 05:22:58 PM
Not sure if there is already a thread about this. Predict the scores on all 10 games each weekend. Not sure what way i will work the scores, suggestions welcome. Was thinking 1 point for a home win, 2 for away win and 3 for a draw, though don't think that will work.
How about 3 points for right score 2 points for correct winner and 1 point if you predict a draw if its a score thread as in you predict 1-1 it ends up 0-0...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 04, 2009, 05:35:23 PM
How about 3 points for right score 2 points for correct winner and 1 point if you predict a draw if its a score thread as in you predict 1-1 it ends up 0-0...

That could work, all predictions must be in by friday night, i will lock the thread every friday night and open when the weekend games are completed. This will mean there will be no predictions for mondays, tuesday and Wednesday night games.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 04, 2009, 05:42:23 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 04, 2009, 05:35:23 PM

That could work, all predictions must be in by friday night, i will lock the thread every friday night and open when the weekend games are completed. This will mean there will be no predictions for mondays, tuesday and Wednesday night games.
Yeah do that then start now

anportmorforjfc

Week 1 Predictions

Saturday, 15 August 2009
Aston Villa v Wigan, 15:00
Blackburn v Man City, 15:00
Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00
Chelsea v Hull, 12:45
Everton v Arsenal, 17:30
Portsmouth v Fulham, 15:00
Stoke v Burnley, 15:00
Wolverhampton v West Ham, 15:00

Sunday, 16 August 2009
Man Utd v Birmingham, 13:30
Tottenham v Liverpool, 16:00

Eastern_Pride

Aston Villa 2-1 Wigan
Blackburn 0-4 Manchester City
Bolton 1-3 Sunderland
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Everton 2-2 Arsenal
Porstmouth 0-0 Fulham
Stoke 2-1 Burnley
Wolves 2-0 West Ham
Man United 2-0 Birmingham
Tottenham 1-3 Liverpool

Archie Mitchell

Do it as 3 for correct score in game and 1 for correct result. Probably simplest way.

You should try and include as many games as possible. There arent that many midweek games, with the exception of a few midweek full round of games, Christmas and New Year and then refixtures, which could be predicted at the time of the original fixture. Most weekends the games run from Sat - Mon.

anportmorforjfc

aye, i will include the full round of games in mid-week.
That would be easier to add all the scores up. So it will be 3 points for the correct score and 1 point for the correct result.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 04, 2009, 05:52:58 PM
Aston Villa 6-4 Wigan
Blackburn 2-15 Manchester City
Bolton 12-33 Sunderland
Chelsea 40-40 Hull
Everton P-P Arsenal
Porstmouth 0-0 Fulham
Stoke 7-P Burnley
Wolves 1.17 - 0.10 West Ham
Man United  9-0 Birmingham
Tottenham 11-3 Liverpool
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Archie Mitchell

I think thats most games covered then. Only towards the end of the season with teams in cup competitions having games refixed so will be no big loss.

Will wait closer to time to get the predicitons in then.

How are you keeping a record of this? Spreadsheet or what?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 04, 2009, 06:13:13 PM
I think thats most games covered then. Only towards the end of the season with teams in cup competitions having games refixed so will be no big loss.

Will wait closer to time to get the predicitons in then.

How are you keeping a record of this? Spreadsheet or what?

There will probably end up being different people predicting each week. So i will post each weeks results and, then add them to the overall leaderboard which i will also post each week.

Mid Down Gael

Aston Villa 2-0 Wigan
Blackburn 0-1 Manchester City
Bolton 1-1 Sunderland
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Everton 1-2 Arsenal
Porstmouth 0-0 Fulham
Stoke 3-2 Burnley
Wolves 2-2 West Ham
Man United 3-0 Birmingham
Tottenham 2-3 Liverpool

AFS

Could just set up a board league on this. Would save you a lot of bother adding stuff up every week.

http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/

armagh leg-end

Quote from: AFS on August 04, 2009, 11:21:51 PM
Could just set up a board league on this. Would save you a lot of bother adding stuff up every week.

http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/

that would be a good idea. get a private league going.
Ard Mhacha Abu

longball

Aston Villa 2-0 Wigan
Blackburn 1-2 Manchester City
Bolton 0-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Hull
Everton 1-2 Arsenal
Porstmouth 0-0 Fulham
Stoke 1-1 Burnley
Wolves 1-2 West Ham
Man United 2-0 Birmingham
Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool