Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 08:06:38 PM
Brendan Rodgers becomes the first British coach to win the FA Cup since Harry Redknapp in 2008, and the first British coach to win any major English trophy since Sir Kenny Dalglish in 2012.

Actually the first manager from the wee 6  to lift the FACup since Terry Neill. who actually went on to contest major European honours....

yellowcard

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 09:03:28 PM
Loved Brendan describing himself as a British coach. The wolf tone, SF supporting, more Irish than Irish c***ts will be spitting feathers.

Huh? You're delighted an Irishman (well that's what I thought) has declared himself British on live tv just so that it pisses off your fellow Irishmen.

Similar to with Rory McIlroy, I don't take any offence if that's how he actually feels. It appears we will likely have 2 groupings now though. One group who will take offence at him declaring himself British and another who will take delight because he's now British and it pisses off the first group. Round in circles we go, it seems that every thread eventually gets hijacked by the same narrative.

imtommygunn

Exactly. If he feels British who cares. It hardly diminishes what you feel yourself.

trailer

Quote from: yellowcard on May 15, 2021, 09:13:40 PM
Loved Brendan describing himself as a British coach. The wolf tone, SF supporting, more Irish than Irish c***ts will be spitting feathers.

Huh? You're delighted an Irishman (well that's what I thought) has declared himself British on live tv just so that it pisses off your fellow Irishmen.

Similar to with Rory McIlroy, I don't take any offence if that's how he actually feels. It appears we will likely have 2 groupings now though. One group who will take offence at him declaring himself British and another who will take delight because he's now British and it pisses off the first group. Round in circles we go, it seems that every thread eventually gets hijacked by the same narrative.

I love that he is who is he is and he doesn't conform. There's a real w**ker element, more Irish than the Irish in NI, but Irishness is more nuanced than that.. it's sickening for the Wolf Tone loving SF. And I LOVE IT!!!

yellowcard

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2021, 10:04:03 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 15, 2021, 09:13:40 PM

I love that he is who is he is and he doesn't conform. There's a real w**ker element, more Irish than the Irish in NI, but Irishness is more nuanced than that.. it's sickening for the Wolf Tone loving SF. And I LOVE IT!!!

Sure whatever keeps you happy.

BennyCake

It seems there's more Brits than Brendan Rodgers about, with all this 'Sir' talk.

Capt Pat

If you were paid 10 million a year by an English football team. You too might be inclined to call yourself the nationality of the club that pays you.

Jell 0 Biafra

I remember Conte and Klopp doing exactly the same.

Rich Ricci

Only seen highlights on the cup final this morning and as much as I dislike Chelsea that is a sickening way to lose.

Great goal to win it and a couple of great saves from Schmeichel added into the mix. IMO he's very underrated as a goalkeeper. Has been one of the best keepers in the league for some time now.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2021, 12:18:50 AM
It seems there's more Brits than Brendan Rodgers about, with all this 'Sir' talk.
You post in the English language (loosely, at least), so that must make you a Brit

At least according to your own logic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2021, 08:58:42 PM
Brendan Rodgers becomes the first British coach to win the FA Cup since Harry Redknapp in 2008, and the first British coach to win any major English trophy since Sir Kenny Dalglish in 2012.

Sir Alex Ferguson won the PL in 2013.
Didn't happen

Well then his signing RVP won it  :D. I honestly don't think Utd would have won it without RVP that year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2021, 09:27:57 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2021, 08:58:42 PM

Sir Alex Ferguson won the PL in 2013.
Didn't happen

Well then his signing RVP won it  :D. I honestly don't think Utd would have won it without RVP that year.

Was a Cantona signing, and strange at the time moving to his rivals for so long.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on May 16, 2021, 09:25:55 AM
You post in the English language (loosely, at least), so that must make you a Brit

Well, that's me told. No way out of that one!  ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2021, 09:48:02 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 16, 2021, 09:25:55 AM

Well, that's me told. No way out of that one!  ;D
Well it clearly is your logic

There is such a thing as the Irish language and it was formerly the primary spoken language on this island, no longer

Destruction of the mother tongue is one of the primary tools of colonisation

A lot of Irish people have always had a very sneering, dismissive attitude towards others they see as less "pure" in their Irishness, ie. the barbs "soup taker", "West Brit" etc.

Yet pretty much all Irish people speak English as their mother tongue, including myself - though I did attend a scoil lán Gaelach so I can also speak Irish

Surely the fact that we here are all writing through English would make us "impure" in our Irishness - "soup takers", "West Brits", at least according to you

Brendan Rodgers can legitimately be both British and Irish by the way

Same as Dublin's world snooker finalist Shaun Murphy can be both Irish and British

Identity is not a black and white thing, it is complex

Milltown Row2

Are Americans British too?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea