Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

They are not overachieving ......they are where they deserve to be at this time....

macker15

West Ham struggled with the favourites tag and couldn't cope when Everton parked the bus in second half. Would expect Liverpool to nail 4th spot now.

shark

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 09, 2021, 06:50:13 PM
They are not overachieving ......they are where they deserve to be at this time....

Of course they deserve to be where they are. But I meant overachieving compared to what anyone would have expected pre season. Any claim that they are missing out on top 4 due to a lack of bottle is nonsense. Leicester on the other hand, given how comfortable they looked a few weeks ago, could well deserve that accusation if indeed they do miss out. Although surely they will face a weakened Man Utd side on Tuesday.

SHEEDY

Quote from: shark on May 09, 2021, 07:07:33 PM

Of course they deserve to be where they are. But I meant overachieving compared to what anyone would have expected pre season. Any claim that they are missing out on top 4 due to a lack of bottle is nonsense. Leicester on the other hand, given how comfortable they looked a few weeks ago, could well deserve that accusation if indeed they do miss out. Although surely they will face a weakened Man Utd side on Tuesday.
what side will leicester put out though with the cup final this saturday
nil satis nisi optimum

macker15

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 09, 2021, 07:32:20 PM

I think Leicester will prioritise champions league over FA Cup now. Has the final distracted their league run?

BennyCake

Quote from: macker15 on May 09, 2021, 07:38:05 PM

I think Leicester will prioritise champions league over FA Cup now. Has the final distracted their league run?

Really? In a FA cup final for the first time in over 50 years, and never won it, they're prioritising another match?

macker15

Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2021, 07:50:54 PM

Really? In a FA cup final for the first time in over 50 years, and never won it, they're prioritising another match?

Unfortunately champions league is seen more essential than FA cup by club owners.

Jim Bob

Not overachieving then ......what all's what anyone else would have expected ....that's not relevant ...

Boycey

Course they're bloody over-achieving, they are also where they deserve to be  :)

SHEEDY

Quote from: macker15 on May 09, 2021, 07:57:36 PM

Unfortunately champions league is seen more essential than FA cup by club owners.
what about the fans? i'd say a large percentage of them would take the fa cup win especially as they've never won it before.
nil satis nisi optimum

Boycey

FA Cup should definitely be more important to Leicester players and fans...

BennyCake

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 09, 2021, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: macker15 on May 09, 2021, 07:57:36 PM

what about the fans? i'd say a large percentage of them would take the fa cup win especially as they've never won it before.

Wigan went down a couple of divisions after their FA cup win, but even though the team has suffered, their fans will always remember that win in 2013 as their greatest ever day. Had they stayed in the PL, they might have hung on another season or two, and that's all well and good, but they might not have come close to a major trophy like that again. So when the chance is there to win it, take it.

Fans don't talk about the day when their team finished 13th or 16th. It's about trophies.

Captain Obvious

Big Sams record of avoiding relegation over. West Brom should had kept Bilic on.

macker15

Off course Leicester fans would prefer FA Cup. A FA Cup would be impressive on Rodgers CV. I think this will be Leicester last chance of CL as 2/3 team will be sold off. Vardy is in decline.. Inenatcho has been very good.

GJL

Quote from: macker15 on May 09, 2021, 09:32:06 PM
Off course Leicester fans would prefer FA Cup. A FA Cup would be impressive on Rodgers CV. I think this will be Leicester last chance of CL as 2/3 team will be sold off. Vardy is in decline.. Inenatcho has been very good.

There is no reason why they can't do both. I'd be happy enough for them to get the 3 points against Utd if that helps them get top 4.