AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

You'd imagine using Andy Moran off the bench for impact again would be the way to go.
He seems to always make an impact when he comes on. Probably better to have him there at the finish? I wouldn't be as sure if any other forward subs having the same impact when introduced.

An Watcher

Moran usually does well but I thought he was poor enough initially. Missed some handy scores n should have squared the ball for a goal. 

The Aristocrat

Mayo team to face Dublin

1. David Clarke; 2. Ger Cafferkey, 3. Donal Vaughan, 4. Keith Higgins; 5. Lee Keegan, 6. Chris Barrett, 7. Colm Boyle; 8. Séamus O'Shea, 9. Tom Parsons; 10. Diarmuid O'Connor, 11. Aidan O'Shea, 12. Kevin McLoughlin; 13. Barry Moran, 14. Cillian O'Connor, 15. Jason Doherty, 16. Eddie Kinsella

I hear also Aidan O Shea needed counselling this week, waking up in the middle of night after nightmares of waking up naked in Ballymun.

Charlie Redmond 100% right.

Pictures going around of Keegan on top of Connolly throwing a dig, upgraded red perhaps.

Hearing also O Connor will be given his very own whistle for the replay.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 08:44:22 AM

Mayo team to face Dublin

1. David Clarke; 2. Ger Cafferkey, 3. Donal Vaughan, 4. Keith Higgins; 5. Lee Keegan, 6. Chris Barrett, 7. Colm Boyle; 8. Séamus O'Shea, 9. Tom Parsons; 10. Diarmuid O'Connor, 11. Aidan O'Shea, 12. Kevin McLoughlin; 13. Barry Moran, 14. Cillian O'Connor, 15. Jason Doherty, 16. Eddie Kinsella

I hear also Aidan O Shea needed counselling this week, waking up in the middle of night after nightmares of waking up naked in Ballymun.

Pictures going around of Keegan on top of Connolly throwing a dig, upgraded red perhaps.

Is this from the same place you're hearing that Dublin Co board are going after O'Connor, or the same place you heard AoS gouged someone, or the same place that you heard Connolly is definitely getting off. Ur Dublin lads have great sources.

Remember there was a lad on here a few years ago who claimed his cousin saw Messi or someone at United on transfer deadline day. That lad is blushing  :-[
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Whelan was on OTB last nite, very reasoned response and admitted that it is different when players from ur own county are involved because you know them. Seems like a sound buck
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 02, 2015, 08:50:06 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 08:44:22 AM

Mayo team to face Dublin

Is this from the same place you're hearing that Dublin Co board are going after O'Connor, or the same place you heard AoS gouged someone, or the same place that you heard Connolly is definitely getting off. Ur Dublin lads have great sources.

Remember there was a lad on here a few years ago who claimed his cousin saw Messi or someone at United on transfer deadline day. That lad is blushing  :-[

Never heard of him.

Just wondering though, seriously now, will the officials be cracking down on Mayo's vicious off the ball attacks and verbal abuse? Will they be in the media telling more lies before the game.

Its all lining up for a cracker lads but be hard for Dublin to compete against 16 men, the media and the whole country.

But seriously lads best of luck, Im away from today so I wont be annoying you guys anymore, flying back in Saturday and then flying back out, cost me a fortune, Such is life being part of the best supporters in the country.

imtommygunn

Do you promise you're away?

You've threatened that a few times but to no avail ;D

ballinaman

You commuting from your home planet aristocrat?

highorlow

QuoteHas been 'going well in training' as the saying goes but was surprised/shocked to see him make his debut on a day like Sunday

Drake has massive pace and is a good tackler, probably the main reasons for inclusion, i.e. to stop the maccarthy and maccaffery runs. Thought he should have shot at one stage but perhaps it would have been a difficult one to convert for his first championship point, other than that he have a great game all things considered.

Anyone else think Mickey Sweeney is worth starting in the forwards the next day? His speed in there will free space up for O'Shea, I'd have him inside with O'Shea making runs off the ball and stretching Dublin's sweeper.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

The Aristocrat

Very funny lads, you just cant handle the truth when its put to you. Deiseach, I like that Ancient Aliens programme, some truth in it.  ;)

All I want is for unbiased analysis and for the officiating to come down hard on Mayo's violent contact during matches. 

Ok, Final final prediction: Score: Mayo 2-18 Dublin 0-09, Free Count, Mayo 42 Dublin 4 , Card count, Mayo 0, Dublin 12, Violent conduct count Mayo 14 Dublin 3,  Starting players on the field count Mayo 16 Dublin 15.

Enjoy the game lads.

Canalman

Quote from: maigheo on September 02, 2015, 01:02:53 AM
Just listened to Charlie.Jesus christ almighty what planet is he on.Would have expected more from him being an ex county man

Gave an alternate viewpoint to the tsunami of anti Dublin bile over the last few days.
Anyway, a King Canute effort given the amount of Kildare and Kerry journos etc tripping over themselves to put the boot in.

Declan

QuoteWhelan was on OTB last nite, very reasoned response and admitted that it is different when players from ur own county are involved because you know them. Seems like a sound buck

+1 Here's the interview - http://www.newstalk.com/ciaran-whelan-on-dublin-mayo-fallout

imtommygunn