AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

ballinaman

Just a thought regarding Alan Brogan.
Clear concussion at the end when Paul Flynn went through him by accident. Didn't know where he was.
Return to play protocols are clear for this, no return to play within 7 days. Can't see the medical team being pushed on this, too much is known of the dangers now. 2nd impact syndrome is fatal.
He'll be a big loss, would have been likely to take some part next Saturday. Class player.

Canalman

Quote from: JoG2 on September 01, 2015, 01:52:12 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 01:24:31 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 01, 2015, 01:10:52 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 01:00:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Mike, stop bringing up the past, its 2015 now man. Totally different. Pillar nice bloke, Guard as well, good club man down Na Fianna, manages numerous teams, top guy.

No wonder Dublin is like Mogadishu if that's the type you have policing your streets.

;D

I've been to Mogadishu, nice spot, nice locals, good food, a place there called Jimmy's Tavern, if your over in Somalia, that's the place to be, they don't call it the white pearl of the Indian ocean for nothing. Dublin is like the blue pearl, greatest city in the world, most friendliest city too.

Quote from: general_lee on September 01, 2015, 01:09:08 PM
This thread is great value  ;D

As for Diarmuid Connolly he is a bit of an enigma. I love him as a footballer. He's sheer class.

He's also a bit of a thug (in footballing terms before some people shit themselves) and whether you care to admit it or not every good team needs a thug. Some teams go about their thuggish behaviour discretely while others are less conspicuous. Some teams do it collectively others do it individually. Obviously those in the latter categories can become a liability as we have seen with DC's sending off. Sometimes their antics pay off and sometimes they don't. IMO they are a necessary evil. They bring bite to a game. They get the crowd going. Long live thuggish behaviour.

If DC played for your own county you'd absolutely love him.

Not too sure, sent off twice, once due to a Donegal player diving and this year due a wrong ref decision. Gets assaulted and abused every game by players and fans.

Philly Mc never sent off in champo.

Both gents, great club men, do a lot for their club and train kids etc, no media etc. Its great, both well liked and good role models.

ach would you devalve ffs. Nobody is questioning whether these men are the next mother Theresa or not. If you act the tube on the football pitch, expect consequences. And grow a set of balls and call these incidents for what they are.

McMahon: Category III Infractions
5.8 To strike or to attempt to strike an opponent
with the head.

Connolly: Category II Infractions
5.1 To strike or to attempt to strike an opponent
with arm, elbow, hand or knee

Read the above, take note. Close down the computer, switch off the 3G / wi-fi on the phone. Go out for a walk

Fair enough................ but please explain then why those offences did not result in suspensions for 2 Mayo footballers in the last 12 months or so.

If they both had served suspensions then I don't think any Dublin poster here would be denying that a suspension should kick in for DC , but probably whinging about the facts of what happened.

imtommygunn

They deserved the suspensions too. No one is debating that but two wrongs don't make a right.

Whatever about the McMahon "headbutt" the punches on Boyle post him winning the penalty weren't great either.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2015, 02:08:39 PM
Clear concussion at the end when Paul Flynn went through him by accident. Didn't know where he was.
Return to play protocols are clear for this, no return to play within 7 days. Can't see the medical team being pushed on this, too much is known of the dangers now. 2nd impact syndrome is fatal.
He'll be a big loss, would have been likely to take some part next Saturday. Class player.
I'd imagine he wasn't diagnosed (is that the right adjective) on Saturday and will be free to play. You'd hope nothing happens to him the next day, he's a class act, his point, Bernard's last point, Connollys first point (I think) and Diarmuid O'Cs points were all top class. Bernard's in particular, absolutely outstanding
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 02:15:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 01, 2015, 02:08:39 PM
I'd imagine he wasn't diagnosed (is that the right adjective) on Saturday and will be free to play. You'd hope nothing happens to him the next day, he's a class act, his point, Bernard's last point, Connollys first point (I think) and Diarmuid O'Cs points were all top class. Bernard's in particular, absolutely outstanding
No definitive diagnostic test for concussion currently but you take into account the mechanism of injury and symptoms. Well I'd imagine the Dublin medical team are excellent and player welfare trumps everything else. Clear case of concussion as you'd see if you watch the tape.
Have great time for him as a player and seems like a good fella, very unlucky.

easytiger95

Class act as a footballer - was looking forward to seeing him get a start on the half foward line in Connolly's absence - if there's one man who knows how to get the ball into Berno it is Alan. Was he concussed? Haven't watched the game back, but I thought at the time he was heavily winded, not concussed.

The Aristocrat

Paul Flynn I hear is now up at the CRC/CCCC on Thursday for his tackle on Alan Brogan. 2 month ban proposed.

Also thanks for the private messages guys, appreciate them, nice, friendly and pleasant. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 01, 2015, 02:30:11 PM
Class act as a footballer - was looking forward to seeing him get a start on the half foward line in Connolly's absence - if there's one man who knows how to get the ball into Berno it is Alan. Was he concussed? Haven't watched the game back, but I thought at the time he was heavily winded, not concussed.

He did look completely out of it - took a fair old belt.

ballinaman

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 01, 2015, 02:30:11 PM
Flynn went to punch the ball and punched Brogan in the side of the head. Brogan went down and didn't move for a few seconds. Potential loss of consciousness for a few seconds there.
Medical staff on quickly.
When camera comes back..medics helping him up and he staggers and needs help to stand.
Vacant look in eyes then and takes a few seconds and deep breaths and jogs off without help of medics.
Ref blows up match then.

Direct impact to head, potential loss of consciousness, unsteady on feet and vacant stare. Good few things there that would suggest concussion.

mikehunt

Quote from: ballinaman
.... went down and didn't move for a few seconds. ..medics helping him up and he staggers and needs help to stand.
Vacant look in eyes then and takes a few seconds and deep breaths and jogs off without help of medics.

Direct impact to head, potential loss of consciousness, unsteady on feet and vacant stare.

An apt description of your average A+E patient in James'

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 02:33:55 PM
Paul Flynn I hear is now up at the CRC/CCCC on Thursday for his tackle on Alan Brogan. 2 month ban proposed.

Also thanks for the private messages guys, appreciate them, nice, friendly and pleasant.
Any time Aristo, any time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 04:57:36 PM

Sure the 'country folk' are nice like that begorrah begorrah.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 04:57:36 PM

I didn't get any p.ms  :-* the oul twitching prostate and all

Nihilist

Both gents, great club men, do a lot for their club and train kids etc, no media etc. Its great, both well liked and good role models.

Aye he's a true gent all right. not like he has any previous.
Oh wait forgot about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6YQBgD-0A&feature=youtu.be

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Nihilist on September 01, 2015, 05:33:19 PM

Aye he's a true gent all right. not like he has any previous.
Oh wait forgot about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6YQBgD-0A&feature=youtu.be

That's how he says hello, Hello Paul. Kerrigan then said hello back with a punch that didn't connect. They like each other.

True gent. You don't know him or have ever met him, that's a football pitch, it doesn't dictate what type  of person you are. I could find dozens of clips online too in all sports showing all sorts.

Hearing that O Connor incident may be reviewed again due to its severity, O Connor and Keegan have previous on the field of play, amazed how they get away with it. Their some lads for getting away with nasty stuff.