Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

laoislad

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: Red eye on August 31, 2015, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

The assault on O'Carroll "seemed innocuous"?? The results certainly weren't "innocuous".
What were the results?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

squire_in_navy_slacks

How is the shoe shine boy getting on .....? Hard man Donal Vaughan ?

straightred

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:45:04 PM
The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

The assault on O'Carroll "seemed innocuous"?? The results certainly weren't "innocuous".

The wheels are in motion to get Dermo off. It will be ironic that it will be a Mayo man who clears him!

It won t be ironic at all. I don t think Keane's case ( if that is indeed what you are referring to) will have any bearing on this case.

Every case is judged on its own merits. What will Connolly's defence be?

Keegan got away on a technicality last year. Connolly did before I think. Unless McQuillan messed up his report hard to see how he walks. Mind you it won t bother me if he is cleared to play. Best of luck to him if he beats the rap.

Do you really believe this - cause I don't. Because of precedent and in particular because Mayo were involved(Keane) they'll leave no stone unturned to let him off. At this stage the whole discipline side of things is such a farce anyway I'd prefer if both teams were at full strength and let the best team win.

Tubberman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 10:03:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 31, 2015, 09:53:06 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
Why should Connolly get off?

So that he can carry out the threats he made leaving the pitch.

I don't think it was threats it was more "your a dirty rotten weeny oconnor" that's all
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 09:58:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:54:43 PM

Because Keegan hit him first. Clearly seen on the video.

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

It's all coming out now, crying to the media.

Keegan pushes him off as Connolly is running by, he doesn't throw a slap. Where does Cillian hit him?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

squire_in_navy_slacks

Cilian hits him a dig in the rib area when he is on the ground, it's there indeed

Maroon Manc

28 posts from one simpleton on here recycling the same old nonsense.

COC certainly has a dark side to him but like most other neutrals I don't think yesterday's actions warrants a ban.

It's not the first time Keegan has got involved in a wrestling match, he was involved twice in the match against Galway.

The Aristocrat

As clear as day, can't believe you can't see it, not being smart but maybe you don't want too see it.Connolly will and rightley so get off and then we will have another cracker lads, only right and honourable thing left to do by the CCCC.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 10:12:28 PM
As clear as day, can't believe you can't see it, not being smart but maybe you don't want too see it.Connolly will and rightley so get off and then we will have another cracker lads, only right and honourable thing left to do by the CCCC.

Not so sure dude, hopefully though..................here's to letting Tomas Brady loose if Connolly gets rode by the cccc

moysider

And you can see hitman COC coming in to hit Dermo when he's on the ground. Brave man is Cillian.

Thing is when you go around acting the hard man it's usually advisable not to be playing the same opposition the following week

I posted a link a couple.of pages back to a video which shows Connolly hit Keegan first, and Cillian did not hit him at any stage. So you can withdraw those statements when you've realised you've been spouting nonsense

Look at it again, Keegan throws first slap. It's on social media and Joe.ie stating Keegan threw the first slap just after Connolly kicks a pass and is blocked from making a run

Ye're the ones crying baby ;)

If you think Connolly is going to get off because he ll claim the other guy started it you haven t a clue.

Connolly's assault a lesser version of incident below. Repeatedly hitting an opponent who is in no position to defend himself. Connolly was similarly out of control and if he wasn t stopped could be looking at a long ban indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz428AaGzoA

Farrandeelin

So Connolly punches twice and he gets off?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 10:17:45 PM

Who said he's getting off?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 10:15:25 PM

Ye're the ones crying baby ;)

If you think Connolly is going to get off because he ll claim the other guy started it you haven t a clue.

Connolly's assault a lesser version of incident below. Repeatedly hitting an opponent who is in no position to defend himself. Connolly was similarly out of control and if he wasn t stopped could be looking at a long ban indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz428AaGzoA

Your clutching at straws now posting videos of that Neanderthals sport ................. I'm hearing rumours of a gouge from choir boy keegan

imtommygunn

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 31, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

Who said he's getting off?

The wise one says so. It must be true.

moysider

Quote from: straightred on August 31, 2015, 10:05:49 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 09:45:04 PM

The wheels are in motion to get Dermo off. It will be ironic that it will be a Mayo man who clears him!

It won t be ironic at all. I don t think Keane's case ( if that is indeed what you are referring to) will have any bearing on this case.

Every case is judged on its own merits. What will Connolly's defence be?

Keegan got away on a technicality last year. Connolly did before I think. Unless McQuillan messed up his report hard to see how he walks. Mind you it won t bother me if he is cleared to play. Best of luck to him if he beats the rap.

Do you really believe this - cause I don't. Because of precedent and in particular because Mayo were involved(Keane) they'll leave no stone unturned to let him off. At this stage the whole discipline side of things is such a farce anyway I'd prefer if both teams were at full strength and let the best team win.

Course I believe that.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Aidan told independent reporters that Philly tried to give him a reach around too  :P :P