AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Wildweasel74

An attempted headbutt is a 2 month suspension i believe. If funny the 2 Dublin men most in trouble were the same pair who had a run in last year in a club game lol

blanketattack

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM
Have a look at this - Connolly was the man who started with Keegan.
And O'Connor certainly does not strike Connolly.

https://t.co/IYZoJ7S73b

Yeah looks like Keegan grappled him to the ground, Connolly came out better, o Connor influenced the linesman who influenced the ref. That's just one incident, Keegan at him all game, reminded me of lar Corbett / Tommy Walsh affair.

Keegan gone down in my book after yesterday, thought he was better than that. Players like o Shea, Connolly, Gooch don't get enough protection.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

Yeah looks like Keegan grappled him to the ground, Connolly came out better, o Connor influenced the linesman who influenced the ref. That's just one incident, Keegan at him all game, reminded me of lar Corbett / Tommy Walsh affair.

Keegan gone down in my book after yesterday, thought he was better than that. Players like o Shea, Connolly, Gooch don't get enough protection.

Right - he "came out better", and even if he did punch him, it was Keegan's fault and also Cillian O'Connor's. I understand.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mikehunt

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Tubberman thlink=topic=26140.msg1508880#msg1508880 date=1441035931

Looks like the ref got it spot on.

Trampish act. Lucky it didn't happen in the street or he'd be looking at porridge.  Has he any previous for this type of behaviour? Fair play to Keegan fir getting on with it. Honourable unlike that other durty dub McMahon giving it and then feigning it himself. If the GAA let him off it'll  prove the pro jackeen agenda within the powers that be.

Is this what our once great game has resorted to? Won't someone think of the kids?

vallankumous

Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 05:57:49 PM

Trampish act. Lucky it didn't happen in the street or he'd be looking at porridge.  Has he any previous for this type of behaviour? Fair play to Keegan fir getting on with it. Honourable unlike that other durty dub McMahon giving it and then feigning it himself. If the GAA let him off it'll  prove the pro jackeen agenda within the powers that be.

Is this what our once great game has resorted to? Won't someone think of the kids?

Seriously? Give the man a break.

vallankumous

Eddie Kinsella in the middle on Sat

Nihilist

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 05:18:22 PM

So you're calling O'Shea a liar.

Grow up

What's your problem? You're on here defending Philly McMahon for serious actions he is alleged to have committed. the player he committed it against has publicly come out and pointed the finger.

So essentially you are calling him a liar.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Tubberman thlink=topic=26140.msg1508880#msg1508880 date=1441035931

Looks like the ref got it spot on.

I agree, trampish act from Keegan, o Shea lieing to the papers too, , influencing the fef and media,GAA need to come down hard on Mayo.

Connolly should be free to play if their is any justice.

The Aristocrat

Last post on this, Dublin playing clean good football all year, as where Kerry last yeah, then Mayo come along with all their dark art tricks and bring the game into disrepute, common denominator, Mayo.

Play them at their own game or even better than their own game and your the bad guys.

It all started of with o Connor hit on mcmahon and two shoulder barges in the first few minutes, watch it back without the dub hating blinkers on. Mayo were played at their own game.

mikehunt

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 05:59:38 PM

Seriously? Give the man a break.

Now I'm no legal eagle but punching a man in the head while he's on the ground surely constitutes assault which if it's a first offence may get probation.  I may have exaggerated the punishment if this is his first time so apologies for over reacting.

In Gaa land he misses five munutes of play and will be fine and dandy for replay after an appeal. A just punishment indeed.

Farrandeelin

Or maybe the poor Dubeens don't like when teams don't roll over for them Aristpcrat.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Kerry are quite a cynical team aristocrat. There is no common denominator in the games between the top teams being cynical. They're all at it. Any team with mcmahon on it will hardly be whiter than white either.

There are quite a few anti dubs here who are not from mayo and quite a few dubs getting very wound up by them...

The Aristocrat

I Understand that gents but just look at the Fermanagh game, not one yellow or black card issued, not sure about previous games but that backs up my point, first 5 mins Mayo throwing their weight around, got it back twice as hard, Dubs bad guys, Mayo angels. I understand we would all love to see Mayo win it but not at the expense of their cynical tactics they use.

INDIANA

New footage of the Connolly incident putting a different light on things. He'll get off i'd say