The KKK

Started by imtommygunn, July 01, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Surprised not to see a thread on this...

Sinister developments in east belfast with this flag going up. I wonder who's behind it.

Police talked to locals first then removed the flag. I don't really understand why they didn't just drag the flag down and then talk?

It seems certain elements in east belfast are very happy to let "ethnic minorities" know they're not welcome there.

StGallsGAA

Strange how every politician in the area is jumping over themselves to express outrage at a flag going up yet are deathly silent when police confirm racist attacks have been carried out by the main paramilitary group in East Belfast? 

Selective voter-acceptable condemnation perhaps???

imtommygunn

They don't want to lose the vote i would think. Seems like certain people want to keep east belfast to "themselves".

foxcommander

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
They don't want to lose the vote i would think. Seems like certain people want to keep east belfast to "themselves".

By the same token forced integration isn't a great plan either. If I was relocating to an area that didn't want me in it then isn't that kinda looking for trouble?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

What's the difference between kkk flags and UVF /UDA flags? The KKK never murdered anyone in Belfast?

Hardy

Quote from: foxcommander on July 02, 2014, 03:48:23 AM

By the same token forced integration isn't a great plan either. If I was relocating to an area that didn't want me in it then isn't that kinda looking for trouble?

An area that didn't want me? Decode.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hardy on July 02, 2014, 08:07:32 AM

There are elements in these areas who clearly don't want foreigners. I would suspect catholics too... It is the minority but they seem to be making their point...

I would agree tony. Far too many paramilitary flags about. Loads at bottom of ravenhill road.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2014, 08:47:05 AM

There are elements in these areas who clearly don't want foreigners. I would suspect catholics too... It is the minority but they seem to be making their point...

I would agree tony. Far too many paramilitary flags about. Loads at bottom of ravenhill road.

They must be afraid of these foreigners coming in and stealing their jobs....... oh wait scratch that  >:(

Orior

The BBC interviewed a KKK grandmaster on the radio this morning.

Depsite freedom of speech and so on and so forth, I thought that the BBC was totally wrong to broadcast the interview. But then of course, then won't boost their listening figures by being nice.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Was it on Nolan or independent? He'd interview anyone for viewing figures.

The rest of the BBC should be more responsible however at least it highlighted that there seem to be active members over here.

macdanger2

I'll have a stab at it.

If a foreigner moves into an area where racists live then it's their own fault if something happens to them.

:o :o

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2014, 10:29:54 AM
Was it on Nolan or independent? He'd interview anyone for viewing figures.

The rest of the BBC should be more responsible however at least it highlighted that there seem to be active members over here.

It was Good Morning Ulster - the show before fat slim Nolan
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

Words cannot describe the rage I go into when I read/hear this kind of thing.

The PSNI are complete trash, standing by whilst people are getting intimidated out of their homes.

How can we ever expect outside investment and our young educated people to return to our shores when you see whats going on!!

NAG1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 02, 2014, 10:54:12 AM
Words cannot describe the rage I go into when I read/hear this kind of thing.

The PSNI are complete trash, standing by whilst people are getting intimidated out of their homes.

How can we ever expect outside investment and our young educated people to return to our shores when you see whats going on!!

Don't think you have to worry too much about this in the communities that these incidents are happening, more than half the problem is their lack of education.

imtommygunn

It is reflective of the lack of leadership in those communities. PUP, DUP etc have a lot to answer for. Instead of any form of progress they continue to drag their knuckles - whether that be flags, marches, race, sexuality and the list goes on.

It should be emphasised it is the minority however I was say that KKK flag was something that was very orchestrated to be inflammatory.