Dennis Walsh gone from Cork

Started by imtommygunn, August 23, 2011, 07:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Wonder will this pave he way for a Sean Og comeback...

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heffo

Bob Honohan just texted me - Reillers is going to be part of JBM's backroom team - with his keen Hurling mind, he's going to be the spotter in the stand.

No better fella I say - he can read a Hurling game and deconstruct everything.

Back to Walsh though - he was always on a hiding to nothing and he seemed like a decent, genuine fella. Barry-Murphy will come in with expectations at rock bottom having slipped to 5/6 in the rankings.

Getting rid of Sean Óg was a big mistake too - I was never a fan of his adoings off the pitch, but he was top class on it. Walsh should've cleared out all the bad eggs or none - it wasn't a Hurling decision to give him the door. He could've played a huge role this year even if he didn't start. Reminds me of Tommy Carr getting rid of Keith Barr prematurely in 1997.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: heffo on August 23, 2011, 07:54:03 PM
Bob Honohan just texted me - Reillers is going to be part of JBM's backroom team - with his keen Hurling mind, he's going to be the spotter in the stand.

Back to Walsh though - he was always on a hiding to nothing and he seemed like a decent, genuine fella. Barry-Murphy will come in with expectations at rock bottom having slipped to 5/6 in the rankings.

Getting rid of Sean Óg was a big mistake too - I was never a fan of his adoings off the pitch, but he was top class on it. Walsh should've cleared out all the bad eggs or none - it wasn't a Hurling decision to give him the door. He could've played a huge role this year even if he didn't start. Reminds me of Tommy Carr getting rid of Keith Barr prematurely in 1997.

Keith Barr played in both matches against Kildare in 1998?

As for Cork, it'll be interesting to see if JBM and Ger Cunningham with him take over. I think O'Grady would be better off staying with Limerick for the time being. Going back to Cork might sour his legacy down there.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 25, 2011, 11:26:26 AM

Sorry you're right - it was that autumn that Carr handed him his cards, not the year before.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 25, 2011, 11:26:26 AM

As for Cork, it'll be interesting to see if JBM and Ger Cunningham with him take over. I think O'Grady would be better off staying with Limerick for the time being. Going back to Cork might sour his legacy down there.

Can't see O'Grady going back down there. He's got potential to have a statue built to him in Limerick if he can get them a Munster Title even, and he's the man to take the Under 21s and mould them. Plus his gameplan is bedding down for a year, so must be much more familiar to them next time out.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?