American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: dec on January 23, 2023, 12:24:55 AM
And Maher misses his first extra point attempt.

Was def going well left too.

dec

The 2024 Copa America is going to be a combined South America/North America version hosted in the US.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/copa-america/story/4862467/united-states-likely-to-host-2024-copa-america-after-advanced-talks-sources
The format will feature 16 teams, 10 from CONMEBOL and six from CONCACAF, with teams from the North, Central American and Caribbean Confederation qualifying via the 2023-24 CONCACAF Nations League tournament.

They did a combined version once before in 2016 to celebrate the centenary of the Copa America https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Centenario

markl121

I know they love getting grammy winners in to butcher the anthem. But christ that was poor

gallsman

This is brutal to watch. Spectacle of it has been destroyed. 9ers D was performing heroics earlier but now getting ground down and losing the rag a bit.

gallsman

Terry Bradshaw doing the post game interviews and trophy presentation (lol) was quite...something.

Wildweasel74

Actually thought the 49ers would win that game, oh well!

thewobbler

That was a shame.

Eagles are an exceptional team but the 49ers D reached a "what's the f**king point?" moment after the  QB fumble which rose to ceiling level after the blocked punt call.

We've all been there in sport. Scenes weren't great but were understandable

gallsman

Brady retires. Again. Possibly for real this time.

Kidder81

Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2023, 01:22:53 PM
Brady retires. Again. Possibly for real this time.

Too late for Gisele

Taylor

Cushy broadcasting number coming up.

Looking forward to hearing him in the booth TBH

Gmac

Shame would've like him with 9ers for one  season

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on February 01, 2023, 03:07:35 PM
Cushy broadcasting number coming up.

Looking forward to hearing him in the booth TBH

Yeah it seems like he'll be in with KB from Fox.

I've actually quite enjoyed Greg Olsen he's very much of the Romo mould and giving you a proper players insight it'll be interesting to see where he goes when Brady's in!

Gmac

Eagles 1.5 favorite today anyone watching ? Like their chances to cover that easy

Wildweasel74

Eagles been strong all year and I expected the 49ers to put it up to them and they got ate, though got to take their QB situation in that game. Mahomes is a different kettle of fish and I expect him to be lift another one tonight.

Capt Pat

Should be tight but I expect as long as all is well with Mahomes that he will win it for the Chiefs.

Rhiannas first concert in 7 years apparently.