GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Zulu on November 29, 2013, 05:35:40 PM
Best of luck to Dunedin Connollys ladies who play Na Gaeil in the junior All Ireland football final tomorrow in Laois. I think they'll be up against the best team they've met so far this year but they should have a great chance as they've a good deal of quality themselves.

Give it to the No.14 and she will score a bucketload

Zulu

Caoilfhionn Deeney is the main scorer alright but she only got 2-1 in the semi final I think so there are other quality players in the squad. No doubt though that there are a handful of girls that make them All Ireland contenders.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on November 29, 2013, 06:04:36 PM
Caoilfhionn Deeney is the main scorer alright but she only got 2-1 in the semi final I think so there are other quality players in the squad. No doubt though that there are a handful of girls that make them All Ireland contenders.

2-1 isn't a bad contribution to a semi final.  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

That's for sure but it was poor enough by her standards! :)

Zulu

Dunedin Connollys were hammered today by Na Gaeil 2-27 to 1-05 but I think they can, with some justification, consider themselves the second best team in the competition and that is still a notable achievement for a Scottish side.

BennyHarp

Anyone got any more info on the pennine league? Start dates or finalised league numbers in each league?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 14, 2014, 10:02:03 AM
Anyone got any more info on the pennine league? Start dates or finalised league numbers in each league?

Think there's a fixtures meeting next week so I'm sure we'll know after that

Maroon Manc

Not aware of dates yet but in Div 1 of pennine league is Brendans, Oisins, Mitchels, Peters, Benedicts and CuChulains.

We all play each other home and away.

We all get 10 competitive games. If it was my decision there would be no league final, the team who finishes top of the league wins it.

theticklemister

March is when the Pennine league lads.

The Lancashire Senior League is now played off as a cup knockout pre season competition

Zulu

British provincial council congress in Edinburgh today, starting in an hour.

Maroon Manc

The Lancashire senior league might be starting in a few weeks time, apparently its straight knock out this year.

Any news on the fixtures?

Have Wolfe Tones gone down to Junior for the championship?

theticklemister

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 06, 2014, 02:01:10 PM
The Lancashire senior league might be starting in a few weeks time, apparently its straight knock out this year.

Any news on the fixtures?

Have Wolfe Tones gone down to Junior for the championship?
Yeah we have. Drop back and regroup.

theticklemister

Well Benny did you make it up the road to us today for the friendly?

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on March 09, 2014, 06:38:48 PM

I did aye. Good run out. That was a decent lad you lent us. I'd get him signed up quick smart if I were you. Thanks for the game, I'm sure we'll see you in Leeds later in the year?

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 09, 2014, 07:27:22 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 09, 2014, 06:38:48 PM

I did aye. Good run out. That was a decent lad you lent us. I'd get him signed up quick smart if I were you. Thanks for the game, I'm sure we'll see you in Leeds later in the year?

Yeah im sure you will. Aye no club yet and not registered so he is coming to us. We have the Wolfe Tone Cup final next week so only going today with the boys we know we have for next week and a few more missing also today. How many were you missing? Some day for the football. I took in the Mitchells v Peters game then. Two teams had bare minimum like, but still a close game which Peters won by three but Mitchells had more men on the sideline than playing! Wouldn't read too much into it. Good luck for year ahead lad!