Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

I wonder if Tyrone meet Kerry again in next year's Championship will we hear the same BS rhetoric we always hear before Kerry-Tyrone games? e.g. "Tyrone have a hoodoo over Kerry", "Tyrone always raise their game against Kerry".
Even though Kerry have won 4 of their last 5 C'ship games against Tyrone, with margin of victories of 12 pts, 10 pts, 4 pts and 3 pts while Tyrone's win was a 1 pt win AET when Kerry's MOTM had gone off injured.
A lot of journalists and content providers are stealing a living with the same clichés before every game.

RedHand88

Quote from: blanketattack on July 02, 2023, 11:28:56 AM
I wonder if Tyrone meet Kerry again in next year's Championship will we hear the same BS rhetoric we always hear before Kerry-Tyrone games? e.g. "Tyrone have a hoodoo over Kerry", "Tyrone always raise their game against Kerry".
Even though Kerry have won 4 of their last 5 C'ship games against Tyrone, with margin of victories of 12 pts, 10 pts, 4 pts and 3 pts while Tyrone's win was a 1 pt win AET when Kerry's MOTM had gone off injured.
A lot of journalists and content providers are stealing a living with the same clichés before every game.

Well right back at you, yesterday was Kerrys first win over Tyrone in 5 attempts, with Tyrone winning the last 4. It was overdue.

blanketattack

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 11:31:45 AM

Well right back at you, yesterday was Kerrys first win over Tyrone in 5 attempts, with Tyrone winning the last 4. It was overdue.

The league, really?

RedHand88

Quote from: blanketattack on July 02, 2023, 12:00:52 PM

The league, really?

Yes, really. The League standings are a good indicator for championship football. When was the last time a division 2/3/4 team won the all ireland? Cork 2010 maybe? When was the last before that?
You maybe just tune in from May onwards?

Eire90

gaa is full of cliché  merchants its a load of sh1te

tyroneman

The biggest cliche at the minute seems to be that Tyrone won/stole/lucked an All Ireland in 2021.

It was there to be won. They beat 2 of the top 3 teams en route and every other team had the same chance to win it at the start of the year, but didn't.

They deserved thier win. Pure and simple.

blanketattack

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 01:13:02 PM

The league, really?

Yes, really. The League standings are a good indicator for championship football. When was the last time a division 2/3/4 team won the all ireland? Cork 2010 maybe? When was the last before that?

If Dublin beat Mayo, none of the top 4 of Div 1 will have made the last 4 of the Championship.
Good indicator me hole.

Ask any Kerry or Tyrone player or supporter if they played each other in the league 5 times and the C'ship (knockout) once, which they'd prefer, 5 league victories and a loss in the C'ship or vice-versa and virtually everyone would pick the one C'ship win.

Are Tyrone's last 4 league victories really worth bragging about after yesterday?

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2023, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2023, 06:23:27 AM
Tyrone were in 5 semi finals since 2013. That team had a ceiling in the form of the Dublin 6 in a row team. In the normal course of events they might have been expected to win an all Ireland in 2016 or 2017. As it happened they were like a small farmer who got married very late in life. 2021 was towards the end of the life of the team. Dooher said at the time that you have to seize the moment. They will have to build a new team around the Canavans.

That's a pretty good summary. A plethora jumped ship after the 2021 AI. They knew they had sneaked in and stole an AI and that there was not going to be any more rewards. They were also previously part of a Mickey Harte system, that did not look like to be fun to play especially for forwards. Mickey stayed too long and smothered the team with his system.

Well go out and win one if it's that easy.

full moon

inroundthesquare

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 02, 2023, 11:04:50 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 02, 2023, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 02, 2023, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on July 01, 2023, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 01, 2023, 07:40:54 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 01, 2023, 07:18:53 PM
Today showed what a nasty illness Long Covid is.
Hilarious. Marc O Se made a similar tasteless joke live on air after the match. Maybe it's not as funny to the Tyrone players who suffered from it in 2021. Or the millions around the world who died.
That was particularly hateful. The other pundits were embarrassed for him.

Kerry are bad losers but even worse winners. Marc O'Shea laughing and joking about covid was extremely poor from him.

Bit like Tomas O Se's words in the Indo this week, real lack of class and just shows how much previous defeats to Tyrone got to those lads. You'd hope somebody would have a word with them, it's not a good look.

One thing was clear yesterday. Kerry hate Tyrone a lot more than tyrone even think about Kerry

Seen a former All-Ireland final referee calling Tyrone scum several times online yesterday.

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on July 01, 2023, 10:58:02 PM
I just get the feeling Kerry have raised themselves too much for big bad tyrone and will be caught at a lower intensity.

In 2012 we saw Paul Galvin blubbering like a baby on TV after they had hammered Tyrone in Killarney and then Donegal knocked them out shortly afterwards.
I'd be surprised if they have the same intensity in the Derry game and if that's the case then Derry have a real chance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on July 03, 2023, 09:25:27 AM
Quote from: WT4E on July 01, 2023, 10:58:02 PM
I just get the feeling Kerry have raised themselves too much for big bad tyrone and will be caught at a lower intensity.

In 2012 we saw Paul Galvin blubbering like a baby on TV after they had hammered Tyrone in Killarney and then Donegal knocked them out shortly afterwards.
I'd be surprised if they have the same intensity in the Derry game and if that's the case then Derry have a real chance.

I don't think Kerry broke sweat in that game at the weekend, I'd say they'll have plenty of intensity as will Derry, its a semifinal they'll be at it hammer and tongs from the get go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 01:13:02 PM

The league, really?

Cork won Division 1 in 2010. And again in 2011 and 2012.

tbrick18

Personally feel that as good as Kerry were, Tyrone were nowhere  near a decent performance.
Too many slower players relying on moments of brilliance from individuals.
Bott canavans look like they will be class, but as tyrone found out in the 90s you win nothing with 1 star player.

I can't see this particular group of players scaling the heights because they are just too long in the tooth and don't have the quality any more.
The minor team from last year and the emergence potentially of Donaghmore as senior club contenders is probably where the next group of players will come from.
Remains to be seen if they'll be good enough.

Whilst kerry looked awesome, they'll have a different prospect against derry.
Will flair beat the system? On paper you'd go for Kerry.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 03, 2023, 11:59:41 AM
Personally feel that as good as Kerry were, Tyrone were nowhere  near a decent performance.
Too many slower players relying on moments of brilliance from individuals.
Bott canavans look like they will be class, but as tyrone found out in the 90s you win nothing with 1 star player.

I can't see this particular group of players scaling the heights because they are just too long in the tooth and don't have the quality any more.
The minor team from last year and the emergence potentially of Donaghmore as senior club contenders is probably where the next group of players will come from.
Remains to be seen if they'll be good enough.

Whilst kerry looked awesome, they'll have a different prospect against derry.
Will flair beat the system? On paper you'd go for Kerry.

Lets frame this one.