RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 09:33:16 AM
There must be a few GAA managers who are  wifes beaters out there sweating it out!

If they are out there I hope they are sweating about it and get what is coming to them

bennydorano

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 17, 2023, 10:50:40 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 16, 2023, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
And not one of those posts by me even mention a criminal investigation.

If you are wanting someone to investigate a potential crime, determine the truth and then take action based on the outcome of said investigation, then it is a criminal investigation.

Criminal investigations can be conducted by people other than the police you know.

Well in my experience criminal investigations are carried out by the police.

The questions that I and other feel Derry should have asked when they became aware of the allegations have already been set out. But I am sure in time Derry will confirm all of this.

there are other agencies which carry out criminal investigations
Who is going to come after him, H&S executive, Trading Standards, Fire Service?

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on May 17, 2023, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 17, 2023, 10:50:40 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 16, 2023, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
And not one of those posts by me even mention a criminal investigation.

If you are wanting someone to investigate a potential crime, determine the truth and then take action based on the outcome of said investigation, then it is a criminal investigation.

Criminal investigations can be conducted by people other than the police you know.

Well in my experience criminal investigations are carried out by the police.

The questions that I and other feel Derry should have asked when they became aware of the allegations have already been set out. But I am sure in time Derry will confirm all of this.

there are other agencies which carry out criminal investigations
Who is going to come after him, H&S executive, Trading Standards, Fire Service?

who said anything about going after him? I was just stating there are more agencies than the police that carry out criminal investigations

High Fielder

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:59:33 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:49:20 AM
Agreed. Somebody might get caught in a very costly crossfire here. It's fine saying we should burn him at the stake and he should stand down/lose his job, but until he's prosecuted, he could be very dangerous to Derry, the GAA and his employer

He's resigned from the Derry job.

Under serious pressure. And therein lies the problem. It's not a job strictly speaking. But of course we all know that it is as good as. This man has nothing to lose. He could expose a lot of very questionable goings on

Ok please provide the evidence. He's resigned. That is key.

Not for me to provide the evidence. That's his prerogative, if he has it. If he doesn't he walks away with his tail between his legs. It's important to remember that there wasn't the evidence to charge him previously. There might well be now, or there might not. If there isn't, we're in very dangerous territory. It would nearly be better for everyone except him if there was

DhoireTheas

Derry probably will get to QF this year but they could be in trouble next year without the presence of Gallagher. It was him who built the empire.

trailer

Quote from: DhoireTheas on May 17, 2023, 11:18:40 AM
Derry probably will get to QF this year but they could be in trouble next year without the presence of Gallagher. It was him who built the empire.

You need to look up the meaning of empire.

This thread is an absolute head f**k.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 11:21:03 AM

You need to look up the meaning of empire.

This thread is an absolute head f**k.

I know, close it down and lets move on to the next witch hut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Derry have a very low number of Ulster titles. He added 2 . 
Talk about throwing it all away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZxysKL-oAE&t=1670s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBW8Vnp8BzU
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on May 17, 2023, 11:05:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 09:33:16 AM
There must be a few GAA managers who are  wifes beaters out there sweating it out!

If they are out there I hope they are sweating about it and get what is coming to them

If what Nicola has done enables more people to speak out if they're suffering from DV then GAA managers and whoever fĂșck else is at it should be sweating and rightly so.

The days of going to the priest who invariably told the woman to keep stum for the sake of the marriage/family name/kids are long gone and that's a good thing.

smelmoth

Quote from: Abble on May 17, 2023, 09:54:02 AM
I will add - that Derry are the ones sort of being made to look bad at the minute but I don't think thats right. At the time of these terrible events, Gallagher had a circle of men no doubt (footballing men), between whatever clubs and county he was with for that period. I have no doubt, as word does travel (and if that woman and her family were making any attempts to let ones know what was happening), that quite a few knew and its that clique and RG that need to pay some form of compensation to this poor woman for everything that she has been put through. they have all lied and tried to ignore it like it was nothing and once they knew they were proceeding as normal so as to do for their club and county as normal then they are all in same boat in my eye. they all should be taken to account and thats where the GAA need to explore further and be seen to act !!

Derry have questions to answer. They might even have answers. We will find out in time.

Others might have questions to answer as well.

A lot of rumours around about how long the allegations against Gallagher have been floating around and how much various counties knew. The grates will lifted on all of this.

But the fact that others Amy have questions to answer is not a reason to ask nobody. That really would be brushing it under the carpet. This is 2023, brushing stuff under the carpet doesn't work as it looks so much worse when exposed.

smelmoth

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 17, 2023, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:49:20 AM
Agreed. Somebody might get caught in a very costly crossfire here. It's fine saying we should burn him at the stake and he should stand down/lose his job, but until he's prosecuted, he could be very dangerous to Derry, the GAA and his employer

He's resigned from the Derry job.

Under serious pressure. And therein lies the problem. It's not a job strictly speaking. But of course we all know that it is as good as. This man has nothing to lose. He could expose a lot of very questionable goings on

I dare say the incident at a Hotel on a team training weekend with Fermanagh would cause him more hassle if it came out than anything he could reveal about Derry etc

What does this mean? You know something even though it hasn't "come out"?. That must mean you were there!

seafoid

The resignation takes a lot of the heat off Derry. The next match will a lot less complicated. No awkward post match questions.

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 01:17:31 PM
The resignation takes a lot of the heat off Derry. The next match will a lot less complicated. No awkward post match questions.

It removes the time pressure. Don't have to answer questions about him remaining in situ.

Still have the retrospective questions to answer though.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/17/rory-gallagher-had-to-go-but-the-issue-of-domestic-violence-doesnt-go-away-just-because-he-has/

"Nicola Gallagher's interview in the Sunday Independent increased the pressure on Rory Gallagher and on Derry GAA. Rightly or wrongly, a Facebook post can have holes picked in it in a way that doesn't happen with a face-to-face interview in a mainstream Sunday newspaper.

Beyond that, the mood among the grassroots of Derry GAA evolved over the week as well. In conversations with people on the ground in the middle of last week, it was easy to find a portion of them citing 'trial-by-social-media'. It was even discernible here and there in Clones on Sunday. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone credible saying it out loud now. "   8) 8)

seafoid

Quote from: smelmoth on May 17, 2023, 01:20:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 01:17:31 PM

It removes the time pressure. Don't have to answer questions about him remaining in situ.

Still have the retrospective questions to answer though.
Yeah but that'll be easier than the last week. They were dragged into a national story overnight.