RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: JimStynes on May 17, 2023, 10:05:05 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:00:40 AM
Gallagher is finished in the GAA. I see his webpage for the firm he works with is gone as well.

What happens to a man like this now? He is done in football and I'm sure he will find it hard getting a job outside of football.

Was going to say this myself. Society takes a very dim view to stuff like this now.

RedHand88

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 17, 2023, 10:07:20 AM
Gallagher is finished in the GAA. I see his webpage for the firm he works with is gone as well.

What happens to a man like this now? He is done in football and I'm sure he will find it hard getting a job outside of football.

Did he have a regular job outside of football ?

Is he still with the shop?

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 17, 2023, 10:07:20 AM

Did he have a regular job outside of football ?

Yes he worked for a recruitment firm setup by two Donegal lads. 3D Personnel. I'd say he's still there. They can't just sack him. But his info is off the site. The company works across the UK so (and this is a complete guess) I'd say they'll move him over there were it's a bit quieter.
He also managed shops before that. I think his ex-wife's parents owned a few that he worked in.

Milltown Row2

If the kids are taken off him, he'll hardly be able to support them financially with no job, desperate times. Some fall from grace
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 10:12:25 AM
If the kids are taken off him, he'll hardly be able to support them financially with no job, desperate times. Some fall from grace

Ok settle down. There's no indication he has lost his job.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:14:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 10:12:25 AM

Ok settle down. There's no indication he has lost his job.

Would you employ him? He's lost some revenue already
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

High Fielder

I wouldn't employ him but how can he be sacked unless prosecuted? And if he's finished in football, and still not prosecuted, there could yet be a very grey area for Derry, who I assume weren't giving him wine gums for his troubles. A lot of ground still to cover in this one. This man was never prosecuted and maybe never will be with statute of limitations and lack of evidence

Milltown Row2

Not saying sacked here, but going forward with the internet after him it's not great for your CV or as his current employer would be getting the #crowd after their business

Armamike

If he was in rugby or soccer he would perhaps be able to move abroad.  Doesn't have that option here though as the GAA community is small.  He's finished in county football. Would be very surprised if any club touches him either.
That's just, like your opinion man.

High Fielder

Agreed. Somebody might get caught in a very costly crossfire here. It's fine saying we should burn him at the stake and he should stand down/lose his job, but until he's prosecuted, he could be very dangerous to Derry, the GAA and his employer

trailer

Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:49:20 AM
Agreed. Somebody might get caught in a very costly crossfire here. It's fine saying we should burn him at the stake and he should stand down/lose his job, but until he's prosecuted, he could be very dangerous to Derry, the GAA and his employer

He's resigned from the Derry job.

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 16, 2023, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
And not one of those posts by me even mention a criminal investigation.

If you are wanting someone to investigate a potential crime, determine the truth and then take action based on the outcome of said investigation, then it is a criminal investigation.

Criminal investigations can be conducted by people other than the police you know.

Well in my experience criminal investigations are carried out by the police.

The questions that I and other feel Derry should have asked when they became aware of the allegations have already been set out. But I am sure in time Derry will confirm all of this.

there are other agencies which carry out criminal investigations

High Fielder

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:50:13 AM

Under serious pressure. And therein lies the problem. It's not a job strictly speaking. But of course we all know that it is as good as. This man has nothing to lose. He could expose a lot of very questionable goings on

trailer

Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:55:42 AM

Under serious pressure. And therein lies the problem. It's not a job strictly speaking. But of course we all know that it is as good as. This man has nothing to lose. He could expose a lot of very questionable goings on

Ok please provide the evidence. He's resigned. That is key.

Mourne Red

Quote from: High Fielder on May 17, 2023, 10:55:42 AM

I dare say the incident at a Hotel on a team training weekend with Fermanagh would cause him more hassle if it came out than anything he could reveal about Derry etc