RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Last time I looked, it's the court of law that has to sort out the issues raised by the claimant but no, we get it sorted by the court of Facebook.

The Watcher Pat

Its not facebook your on. Its the GAA Board your on. Truth will eventually come out!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

seafoid

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 09:04:45 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think is all the responsibility a community sports organisation has?
Do you think that's what their members would want?
Do you think that what their sponsors would want?
Do you think that's what potential funding agencies would want?
Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Sponsorship and funding needs to go into domestic violence ... Nurturing your club and it's members also needs role models and lessons that no man \ woman has any right ever to lift their hand to someone ..

Genuinely think you are just being obtuse here.

Do you accept that Derry, if they received this warning, had a duty to act?
You would expect the CB to act in its own interest but it depends on the context in practice.
https://youtu.be/iKr9wZpjBqE
In order for the CB to act there has to be a sense of jeopardy. It's like the quarter finals. Mrs Gallagher's Facebook post provided the jeopardy.  She had to do it when the email didn't work. Once the sponsors hear about it it's game, set and match. RG's football intensity model ran out of gas in Fermanagh and Donegal but the Derry project won't get to its natural end.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

So anyone can email a county board with an allegation and they must stand down the manager?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

No

But sure try it and see

larryin89

How on earth are so many posters so out of the loop in  here . Christ even non GAA people know at this stage .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/16/jim-mcguinness-i-was-deeply-saddened-to-read-the-social-media-post-that-shocked-the-country/
Jim McGuinness
Tue May 16 2023 - 05:00
Like everybody else, I was deeply saddened to read the social media post that shocked the country last week. It truly was one of those moments in life that just stops you in your tracks.
In the days beforehand, I had been contemplating match-ups, considering tactics, wondering to what extent kick-outs would be pressed in an eagerly anticipated Ulster final. There were so many intriguing elements to the contest, but in the blink of an eye all of that was gone.
A different story had come to dominate conversations around the country. It was uncharted territory, leaving all of us trying to make sense of the situation as best we could.
There are big questions here for us collectively as a society to consider but if there is one thing we have learned from our history on this island, it is that silence is not the answer.
The days and weeks ahead are important ones for the GAA. For while the Ulster final might be over, the conversation that started in the middle of last week is clearly not.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

An Watcher

I'd be very surprised if the donegal camp hadn't heard some of the rumours floating about including mcguinness.  When they are just rumours though it is difficult to he sure I suppose

Would ye whist

I heard this from a County Board member, perhaps he is also a bull shitter

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 03:18:50 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 15, 2023, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: blasmere on May 15, 2023, 02:45:54 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 15, 2023, 02:14:19 PM
Heard that Derrys sponsor Errigal Group turned the screw on the Derry board about RG "stepping back"

Is that another fact??

Well it's from a good source
Your source is a bullshitter

smelmoth

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 11:54:05 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 09:04:45 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think is all the responsibility a community sports organisation has?
Do you think that's what their members would want?
Do you think that what their sponsors would want?
Do you think that's what potential funding agencies would want?
Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Sponsorship and funding needs to go into domestic violence ... Nurturing your club and it's members also needs role models and lessons that no man \ woman has any right ever to lift their hand to someone ..

Genuinely think you are just being obtuse here.

Do you accept that Derry, if they received this warning, had a duty to act?

Can I get clarity on this .. Being a female poster and being called obtuse .. Am I ' annoyingly , insensitive, or slow to understand ' or am less than180 degrees "?

Slow to understand. Wilfully so I would guess.

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 16, 2023, 12:03:41 AM
Last time I looked, it's the court of law that has to sort out the issues raised by the claimant but no, we get it sorted by the court of Facebook.

Nobody has actually said that. You do get that?

smelmoth

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 07:46:17 AM
So anyone can email a county board with an allegation and they must stand down the manager?

Who has actually said that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:27:10 AM

It's not so much as said that, but people have done it and it works. The case here in question I'm totally behind Mrs Gallagher my point is that anyone can send an email or go on to social media and make claims about someone.

Would you be happy if you had allegations (true or false) made public via social media that would have wider implications on your kids and job and that would have even more implications on caring for your children should you lose your job over it?

The courts are there for a reason, to settle these issues. Court by social media though seems to be the way of the world.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smelmoth

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 09:33:12 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:27:10 AM

It's not so much as said that, but people have done it and it works. The case here in question I'm totally behind Mrs Gallagher my point is that anyone can send an email or go on to social media and make claims about someone.

Would you be happy if you had allegations (true or false) made public via social media that would have wider implications on your kids and job and that would have even more implications on caring for your children should you lose your job over it?

The courts are there for a reason, to settle these issues. Court by social media though seems to be the way of the world.

Nobody is saying the courts should not do their job but right back at the beginning of this the "suspended pending investigation" route was explained and what steps you would need to take before suspending the individual.

Derry had their own decision to make and steps to take. All of which have already been set out.

Armagh18

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 15, 2023, 10:28:35 PM
Quote from: OakLeaf on May 15, 2023, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 09:58:13 PM
Latest rumour now is that Gallagher took a session in Corduff club and had breakfast there after with team. And he was out in Dormans last night.

That's total bullshit. The Derry team was in Dormans last night but Gallagher most definitely was not. There was a video doing the rounds but it was from last year in LTs. Gallagher has been no where near the Derry team since the announcement was made.

The Derry team weren't in Dormans last night...

The video was LJ's last year...
Thats why I said rumour. Source is a whatsapp that has been "forwarded many times" so hardly damning evidence!