Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 24, 2023, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 24, 2023, 09:48:55 AM
Maybe, or you could see the second season syndrome, where there's bigger expectations and more pressure. Without a bigger win, there'll always be that pressure to show improvements.
We had posters on here calling Klopp a flop in his first couple of seasons. But Liverpool fans could see the change that was happening within the team. Then the performances started to follow, and then the silverware. Which is why all Liverpool fans are happy to stick with Klopp as he has those trophies in the bank now. And it had been a long wait.
I think there's definite potential there with EtH. And he seems to be having a good impact on existing players similar to Klopp. Shows he's a good coach.
Klopp has a track record of building teams he joins and then winning trophies, i don't think he's the best at rebuilding which will be required at Liverpool now.

Man United after a decade of searching seem to have found a good fit and proper replacement for Ferguson.

There will never be a replacement for Ferguson. The modern game is so fast moving. A vast majority of players even top class ones are journey men anymore.  As are Managers.

NAG1

Maybe, or you could see the second season syndrome, where there's bigger expectations and more pressure. Without a bigger win, there'll always be that pressure to show improvements.
We had posters on here calling Klopp a flop in his first couple of seasons. But Liverpool fans could see the change that was happening within the team. Then the performances started to follow, and then the silverware. Which is why all Liverpool fans are happy to stick with Klopp as he has those trophies in the bank now. And it had been a long wait.
I think there's definite potential there with EtH. And he seems to be having a good impact on existing players similar to Klopp. Shows he's a good coach.

Yeah that one PL title is going to keep them going for another while yet  ::)

Milltown Row2

So explain how this net spend works again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 24, 2023, 10:20:19 AM
Klopp has a track record of building teams he joins and then winning trophies, i don't think he's the best at rebuilding which will be required at Liverpool now.

Man United after a decade of searching seem to have found a good fit and proper replacement for Ferguson.

There will never be a replacement for Ferguson. The modern game is so fast moving. A vast majority of players even top class ones are journey men anymore.  As are Managers.

Ferguson and Wenger were probably the last big managers. Total control of the entire club. Them days are gone.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on February 24, 2023, 10:48:05 AM

Ferguson and Wenger were probably the last big managers. Total control of the entire club. Them days are gone.

Blowitupref

Maybe, or you could see the second season syndrome, where there’s bigger expectations and more pressure. Without a bigger win, there’ll always be that pressure to show improvements.
I think there’s definite potential there with EtH. And he seems to be having a good impact on existing players similar to Klopp. Shows he’s a good coach.

They'll never be a replacement for Ferguson but what was needed was the right fit and proper replacement for him which Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer was not.

To manage a club of Uniteds size you need a certain temperament and personality which Ten Hag appears to have and has dealed with the issues off the field Sancho (mental health issues? ) Ronaldo (deluded ego issues) as well as the stuff on the field.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trueblue1234

Quote from: NAG1 on February 24, 2023, 10:41:45 AM

United be happy with one now me thinks!!

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

jcpen

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 24, 2023, 11:06:35 AM

If Man United win in the next 5 years what Liverpool have won in the past 5 years I'm sure they will be very happy.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Dag Dog

Quote from: jcpen on February 24, 2023, 11:11:21 AM

If Man United win in the next 5 years what Liverpool have won in the past 5 years I'm sure they will be very happy.
One league and one UCL.
For all the hype, it's not a massive haul for Klopp's 8 seasons in charge.
He took over a team that were one slip from winning the league a year earlier.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Dag Dog on February 24, 2023, 11:52:11 AM

One league and one UCL.
True. But they were unlucky coming up against the City machine. Look at the points totals for those seasons in 2nd place. Huge difference from the previous yo-yo years.
The next one will be hard won as well given the money other clubs are spending as United know as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

jcpen

One league and one UCL.
FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup also.Are you seriously telling me Man United fans wouldn't be happy winning all that in the next 5 years?
This is one of my 3 usernames.

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 24, 2023, 11:59:22 AM

One league and one UCL.
True. But they were unlucky coming up against the City machine. Look at the points totals for those seasons in 2nd place. Huge difference from the previous yo-yo years.
The next one will be hard won as well given the money other clubs are spending as United know as well.

Utd dominated against Chelsea and Arsenal.
And when one season wonders Loserpool with the Spanish waiter and Slippy G did manage a half arsed challenge they put them away as well.

Turf

Quote from: trailer on February 24, 2023, 12:04:15 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 24, 2023, 11:59:22 AM

One league and one UCL.

Utd dominated against Chelsea and Arsenal.
And when one season wonders Loserpool with the Spanish waiter and Slippy G did manage a half arsed challenge they put them away as well.
Are you ok? Seriously, do you need help in some way? Were you hurt as a child and never recovered or what is it that is wrong with you?

Saffrongael

One league and one UCL.

He took over a team that had John Flanagan and Mohamed Sakho in defence and without two players, Suarez & Sterling, who were the main reasons they went so close
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Guy with multiple names on here asking if someone (in fairness does need to relax on Liverpool ;D ) needs help or if they were hurt as a child ;D

Turf, wise up and delete that account
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea