106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2023, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:31:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2023, 08:16:53 PM
Right so, are KC champions or is the final null and void?

If a club takes back its objection then I assume the objection isn't there anymore so KC who won the game on the day are champions

So we're meant to forget that the CCCC decided that the rules were broken even if Glenn withdraw their objection.

If they withdraw the original objection then what the CCCC found isn't applicable?
Why?
Was the CCCC ruling conditional ?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

It would not surprise me if the GAA does not know what to do now. The slow appeals process is a farce.

trueblue1234

Look neither party decided to work to the (albeit poor) GAA processes. So award neither the title. Might send a warning for future processes.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thewobbler

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 04, 2023, 09:55:41 PM
Look neither party decided to work to the (albeit poor) GAA processes. So award neither the title. Might send a warning for future processes.

Yep that's the precedent we need. Lodge an objection after you lose,  then pull out of it when it's clear you can't win the popular vote. At least the other side doesn't get the title that way. That's exactly what we need. Exactly.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on February 04, 2023, 10:15:05 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 04, 2023, 09:55:41 PM

Yep that's the precedent we need. Lodge an objection after you lose,  then pull out of it when it's clear you can't win the popular vote. At least the other side doesn't get the title that way. That's exactly what we need. Exactly.
I'm glad we're in agreement.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

That's not why Glen pulled out, they took it to the point, that the right thing was done, order a replay. KC objected, if unsuccessful they would appealed again further up the line, dragged any possible replay way out, then if unsuccessful, probably not place the game. Says alot about them to be honest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 04, 2023, 10:28:39 PM
That's not why Glen pulled out, they took it to the point, that the right thing was done, order a replay. KC objected, if unsuccessful they would appealed again further up the line, dragged any possible replay way out, then if unsuccessful, probably not place the game. Says alot about them to be honest.

You have made lots of assumptions but Glen pulled out, they are in agreement as a club. Let it go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 04, 2023, 01:11:03 PM
I think Glen played a blinder here. The GAA should have owned the issue here from the start, a prompt replay probably being the right decision.
But they dragged their heels, hoping it would go away. Glen objected on point of principle, got the ball rolling, replay ordered as expected, KC object as expected and Glen walk away and let them sort it out amongst themselves.

Will GAA follow through now? If they don't they look even weaker. If they do it shows up the whole sorry episode to be even more of a farce than it is.

I've said before here that in 2010 Swanlinbar objected to Corduff playing an U-16 player in the Ulster Junior Final. Swanlinbar wanted a replay (they did not want to be handed the trophy) but the only rule in the official guide for this infraction was forfeiture of the game for Corduff. The GAA had to follow through then on the rule so I wouldn't be surprised if they also follow through here as well and the replay still stands. Don't be shocked if Mannion or Walsh is kicking a ball into an empty net to end this farce once and for all.

WT4E

Crokes look terrible in this. They played it so wrong and if the quiz question is ever asked who won the 2022 All Ireland Club I'll happily write down

No one

onefineday

No idea where it goes from here, but one scenario I heard was that because glen are no longer engaging in the process, crokes automatically win their appeal and thus ccc decision is overturned.

seafoid

We don't know how the 2 teams see things.
I imagine Wattys are extremely pissed off . They were effectively forced into objecting but did so in good faith and then KC refuse to accept the ruling. They probably wanted to have no further part to play in the charade. I imagine they are noy very happy with the GAA either.

At some stage in the future the Sunday World or the Herald will have a KC exclusive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2023, 06:00:55 AM
I imagine Wattys are extremely pissed off . They were effectively forced into objecting but did so in good faith and then KC refuse to accept the ruling. They probably wanted to have no further part to play in the charade. I imagine they are noy very happy with the GAA either.

At some stage in the future the Sunday World or the Herald will have a KC exclusive.

Cheating and forced...

Glen were not cheated in my view and were not forced to object, it must be a procedure for a team to object/appeal before Croke or at county level that the ccc get involved. Regardless of how plain it was that KC had an extra player on the pitch.

The games over KC are the winners and Glen have made their point but didn't have the stomach to play the replay

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2023, 08:30:32 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2023, 06:00:55 AM

Cheating and forced...

Glen were not cheated in my view and were not forced to object, it must be a procedure for a team to object/appeal before Croke or at county level that the ccc get involved. Regardless of how plain it was that KC had an extra player on the pitch.

The games over KC are the winners and Glen have made their point but didn't have the stomach to play the replay
That's your take.
Glen thought long and hard about appealing. The GAA's rules say the GAA doesn't initiate. KC then took the piss. 
There is a lot of emotionin this which means there probably wont be much moving on.
Glen pulling out doesn't fix anything .

Armagh18

The replay should have been called on the Sunday evening for the following weekend. Absolute cop out from the GAA. Hoping Glen wouldnt appeal then hoping it would all go away. Shambles.