30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

trueblue1234

Should Glen be punished by having to play the final attack against an extra man when they needed a goal?

KC have responsibility to ensure they are playing the correct number of players. They failed in that regards. Glen didn't fail in anything. I
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 04, 2023, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2023, 02:03:34 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 04, 2023, 01:05:15 PM
You and a few others on here and social media are tarnishing their name. They did very little wrong. Had the ref  and 4th official done what they did with every other substitution there would be no issue at all...

They countered the Glen objection despite every man and his dog seeing they had 17 on the pitch.
They haven't covered themselves in glory.

They had 17 on the pitch because the ref started the game and 4th official didn't ensure the players had left the field.  There is no fair outcome in this scenario, the rule needs to be changed and the refs and 4th officials need to ensure they don't make mistakes of this magnitude again.  KC should not be punished with a replay for something the refs did wrong.
The CCCC threw out that argument.
The situation is a clusterfuck.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 04, 2023, 02:21:38 PM
Should Glen be punished by having to play the final attack against an extra man when they needed a goal?

KC have responsibility to ensure they are playing the correct number of players. They failed in that regards. Glen didn't fail in anything. I

That's why KC are not worthy champions.

KC appeal against the decision was in bad taste and Glen where right to withdraw at that stage. 2022 void in my mind.

Rossfan

As objection withdrawn I presume KC are now officially AI Club SF Champions?

By the way the correct title fir the lad who gets the slips of paper is "Sideline Official" and he is the EIGHTH Official.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Look-Up!

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2023, 02:46:42 PM
As objection withdrawn I presume KC are now officially AI Club SF Champions?

By the way the correct title fir the lad who gets the slips of paper is "Sideline Official" and he is the EIGHTH Official.
Hard to know. I'd say the GAA would love to sweep this under the carpet now and move on but the process has been started. Rule clearly broken with clearly defined penalties.
A fine I don't think is still an option but wouldn't surprise me. Does either or both clubs refusing replay open them to disciplinary procedures? If both refuse is the competition null and void?

We'll see.

Rossfan

Does replay order now fall as Glen have withdrawn objection?

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2023, 03:06:58 PM
You would think so- surely the replay decision overrides the result
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Look-Up!

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2023, 03:06:58 PM
Absolutely no idea. GAA wouldn't start the process unless there was an objection (cop out). Glen objected so process was started. Once started I don't know if Glen withdrawing changes anything. Does the process have to be completed.

Bit like if someone assaults an individual say under a camera. That individual goes to Gardai with complaint. Gardai obtain CCTV evidence clearly showing assault. Individual withdraws complaint. But Gardai have the evidence and must proceed. 

Wildweasel74

Compare KC attitude to that of Clare 25yrs ago when the Offaly game was replayed after the ref made a mistake and blew early.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 04, 2023, 03:50:57 PM
Compare KC attitude to that of Clare 25yrs ago when the Offaly game was replayed after the ref made a mistake and blew early.

Clare only agreed to replay as thought Colin Lynch suspension would be lifted

Rossfan

Didn't the GAA use the Rule that if a game doesn't run the full term a replay is mandatory?
Helped by the Biffo sit down protest of course

johnnycool

Right so, are KC champions or is the final null and void?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2023, 08:16:53 PM

If a club takes back its objection then I assume the objection isn't there anymore so KC who won the game on the day are champions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:31:10 PM

If a club takes back its objection then I assume the objection isn't there anymore so KC who won the game on the day are champions

So we're meant to forget that the CCCC decided that the rules were broken even if Glenn withdraw their objection.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2023, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:31:10 PM

So we're meant to forget that the CCCC decided that the rules were broken even if Glenn withdraw their objection.

If they withdraw the original objection then what the CCCC found isn't applicable?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea