No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

This is my first comment on this
As stated above the penalty is conceding the game, fine OR a replay
On what grounds do they decide which penalty to issue ?
I mean 3 penalties for 1 infringement
You either break the rule or you don't
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Armagh18

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 29, 2023, 08:18:57 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

I suppose it depends on the level of the offence. Maybe if Mullin had actually caught the ball or made a block on the line a forfeit would have been in order, or if it could (not sure how though) be proven that KC intentionally played with an extra man. In this case a replay is probably fair. Maybe in Mannions case a fine would be a applicable for him being away from the action but still on the field.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 29, 2023, 08:33:58 PM

I suppose it depends on the level of the offence. Maybe if Mullin had actually caught the ball or made a block on the line a forfeit would have been in order, or if it could (not sure how though) be proven that KC intentionally played with an extra man. In this case a replay is probably fair. Maybe in Mannions case a fine would be a applicable for him being away from the action but still on the field.

Are we fining all clubs that have lads standing over the line now? Wow
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Will it go all the way to the DRA ?

tonto1888

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 29, 2023, 07:00:30 PM
The ref and 4th official made the errors. KC did not cheat. As a result of the ref and 4th official errors they restarted the game when KC had more than 15 on the pitch.   If the ref and 4th official did their jobs correctly this would not be an issue.

As the ref and 4th official caused the issue, in my opinion the result will stand and should stand.

Where is that add on in the rule book?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 30, 2023, 08:02:41 AM
The ref and 4th official made the errors. KC did not cheat. As a result of the ref and 4th official errors they restarted the game when KC had more than 15 on the pitch.   If the ref and 4th official did their jobs correctly this would not be an issue.

As the ref and 4th official caused the issue, in my opinion the result will stand and should stand.

what 'add on'?

tonto1888

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 30, 2023, 08:08:35 AM

what 'add on'?

The states the penalties for having more than 15 players on the pitch. Where is the add on that states if it is the official's part there will be no sanction.
By the way, I dont think there should be a reply. I think there was honest mistakes on the officials parts, on KC's part and the players part. I do think the GAA can learn from this though and put in place, or clarify, rules to ensure this doesn't happen again.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 30, 2023, 08:26:46 AM

what 'add on'?

The states the penalties for having more than 15 players on the pitch. Where is the add on that states if it is the official's part there will be no sanction.
By the way, I dont think there should be a reply. I think there was honest mistakes on the officials parts, on KC's part and the players part. I do think the GAA can learn from this though and put in place, or clarify, rules to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I didn't say there was no penalty. I said the result will and should stand. However, I am no expert on the rules etc. so if there is a fine, even. a nominal fine I don't know if there are ways around that as the ref and 4th official were at fault here.

Armagh18

what 'add on'?
Your view point is logical and can understand where you're coming from but thats not whats in the rulebook!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 30, 2023, 08:47:13 AM

what 'add on'?
Your view point is logical and can understand where you're coming from but thats not whats in the rulebook!

does the rule not mention 'circumstance'.?

tonto1888

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 30, 2023, 08:36:20 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 30, 2023, 08:26:46 AM

what 'add on'?

I didn't say there was no penalty. I said the result will and should stand. However, I am no expert on the rules etc. so if there is a fine, even. a nominal fine I don't know if there are ways around that as the ref and 4th official were at fault here.

Fair enough. I agree about the result. i dont think the GAA have covered themselves in glory here by making Glen object when there was a clear breach of their rules. As I said, hopefully there will be something that comes out of this as a result.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:46:07 PM

At IC level counties are fined all the time for "pitch encroachments" or they used to be.
Heck, teams were fined if players didn't have their socks pulled up in the parade.

Evidently everyone here is still unsure who's ultimately responsible for ensuring a team has only the 15 players on the field..

I'd be surprised by the way CP interprets the rules that it isn't the team themselves rather than the match officials.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:46:07 PM

Yeah, this has been happening for years, at least at Ulster club level onwards.

trailer

So where's this replay everyone said was going to happen?