NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2024, 07:26:03 AMCluxton was absolutely flawless in the AI final last year. Still when it comes down to it think he's the best. When the "high press" goes on he was able to find a way. (I guess who your team is helps too mind you but still)
I think the high press is called a cupboard in England
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

blanketattack

93-DY-SAM

I see Mal McMullan tweeting the Galway Derry game has been moved to Salthill. Same throw in time.

Any idea why the change of venue?

weareros

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on February 07, 2024, 08:30:28 PMI see Mal McMullan tweeting the Galway Derry game has been moved to Salthill. Same throw in time.

Likely because the new Tuam stand is behind schedule.

OakLeaf

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on February 07, 2024, 08:30:28 PMI see Mal McMullan tweeting the Galway Derry game has been moved to Salthill. Same throw in time.

They must be expecting a big crowd. Tuam stadium is undergoing some re-development and the capacity is a little less than 7k

The Subbie

Quote from: blanketattack on February 07, 2024, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 07, 2024, 04:19:33 PMhttps://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2024/02/07/sean-moran-gaa-needs-to-do-more-to-keep-top-football-counties-interested-in-the-league/

paywalled article so i domt know what he says

Quote from: blanketattack on February 07, 2024, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 07, 2024, 04:19:33 PMhttps://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2024/02/07/sean-moran-gaa-needs-to-do-more-to-keep-top-football-counties-interested-in-the-league/

paywalled article so i domt know what he says

A lot of paywalls can be got around by adding a Network Throttling profile in Chrome DevTools

A lot of paywalls can be got around by adding a Network Throttling profile in Chrome DevTools

Or the easier approach is to copy the article address
Go to remove paywall.com
Paste the address in the box there
Bingo

If the article Is still paywalled , top left hand side click
On the archive today tab and it brings you to a different page that will show article
If that doesn't work , give it a wee while try again _ it'll work second time

onefineday

They saw Derry's poor shooting in windy conditions on Sunday and felt salthill would present the same again - guaranteed!

onefineday

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 07, 2024, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 06, 2024, 07:49:02 PMWould the league be even more important if  after provincial champs the seeding went by league standings.

It would obviously be more important but the reality is there is no way this will ever happen while the provincial councils have such a massive chunk of votes.

I think making is so that the provincial losers weren't the 2nd seeds would improve things some small bit.

We need the league to matter more and both suggestions above would help.

I see a few mentioning the importance of winning Ulster for Ulster sides, but I've been saying for a while, once people realise the futility of it, the allure will diminish and crowds will start to drop off. I'd like to see Derry win again this year, simply for 3 in a row, but they might be better served by an early exit. That said, there's definitely a few Ulster teams who really could do with that win - Donegal, Down and Armagh should all be focused on Ulster success.
As for Derry fans thinking Mickey is the missing element guaranteed to bring us Sam, I can assure you, there's plenty of us who think his last decade with Tyrone did them no favours and weren't in favour of his conservative approach coming to Derry - the jury is very definitely out, McKenna cup or not!!

Blowitupref

Quote from: onefineday on February 08, 2024, 01:31:00 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 07, 2024, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 06, 2024, 07:49:02 PMWould the league be even more important if  after provincial champs the seeding went by league standings.

It would obviously be more important but the reality is there is no way this will ever happen while the provincial councils have such a massive chunk of votes.

I think making is so that the provincial losers weren't the 2nd seeds would improve things some small bit.

We need the league to matter more and both suggestions above would help.

I see a few mentioning the importance of winning Ulster for Ulster sides, but I've been saying for a while, once people realise the futility of it, the allure will diminish and crowds will start to drop off. I'd like to see Derry win again this year, simply for 3 in a row, but they might be better served by an early exit. That said, there's definitely a few Ulster teams who really could do with that win - Donegal, Down and Armagh should all be focused on Ulster success.
As for Derry fans thinking Mickey is the missing element guaranteed to bring us Sam, I can assure you, there's plenty of us who think his last decade with Tyrone did them no favours and weren't in favour of his conservative approach coming to Derry - the jury is very definitely out, McKenna cup or not!!

Could also serve up as earlier than expected exit from the All Ireland championship. Not winning Ulster will likely mean Kerry,Dublin could be in Derry's group making it harder to top the group or could play one of them in the last 8.  Same schedule is in place as last year with the group winner given a week off before the quarter final and their opposition will face into their 3rd match in 3 weeks.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Watcher

I know Tyrone weren't great last year but 3rd seeds did them no favours.  Kerry probably would have beaten them but not in the manner they did.  Tyrone were bucked n kerry were fresh.  There's always the possibility of not making an Ulster final and drawing the connacht champions I suppose but much easier to come through as provincial champions

Eire90

Bringing group stages into the all ireland might diminished the league a bit with before you may have only two championship games and one pre backdoor so the league was seen as the competition that you could fall back on if you had an ealrly exit from all ireland

Maroon Manc

Quote from: An Watcher on February 08, 2024, 07:16:19 AMI know Tyrone weren't great last year but 3rd seeds did them no favours.  Kerry probably would have beaten them but not in the manner they did.  Tyrone were bucked n kerry were fresh.  There's always the possibility of not making an Ulster final and drawing the connacht champions I suppose but much easier to come through as provincial champions

Mayo beat Kerry and Roscommon drew with Dublin in their first group games so that tells another tale.

seafoid

Quote from: Eire90 on February 08, 2024, 01:07:28 PMBringing group stages into the all ireland might diminished the league a bit with before you may have only two championship games and one pre backdoor so the league was seen as the competition that you could fall back on if you had an ealrly exit from all ireland

One should never tear down something without knowing why it was built in the first place. GK Chesterton
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU