NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 06, 2023, 04:04:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2023, 02:41:51 PM
Soft free is such a GAA concept.
Galway got a free yesterday, that wasn't a free to my eyes, a soft one that was tapped over the bar. Ref knew he made a mistake I'd say and gave everything to the Rossies after that, this craic of evening it all up will never change.

That's exactly what I thought at the game. Very very soft free and the Roscommon lads (with some justification) went absolutely bananas with him and after that we couldn't get a decision off him. Few minutes later, McDaid was clearly fouled bursting through on goal and he waved it away. Would have been a tap over free. The decision against Glynn right at the end that led to the winning point was extremely dubious. Looked much more like a foul on Glynn first. The Rossies around us had their heads in their hands as they assumed it was a free in to win the game for Galway. Only to see him pointing back up the field for a free out.

blanketattack

Great performance by the Kerry full-forward line on Sunday.
Hard to see David Clifford getting his spot back now. Maybe he could do a job in midfield.

JimStynes

Quote from: blanketattack on February 07, 2023, 12:25:13 PM
Hard to see David Clifford getting his spot back now. Maybe he could do a job in midfield.

Maybe corner back

Ulster Frank

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship.  Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.

Armagh18

Quote from: Ulster Frank on February 07, 2023, 03:31:22 PM

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship.  Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.
Dubs worst team in years took Kerry to the wire. Don't think Galway will beat them any time soon, think ourselves have a bit to go to get to that level as well, Mayo, Tyrone, Donegal etc don't look like touching Kerry. Dublin they're only serious threat at the minute.

imtommygunn

Monaghan are dropping off a bit but yes I'd agree. The only team who can beat Kerry is Dublin for me too. They would need the older boys getting a run this year and would need O'Callaghan fit. I would still maintain that with O'Callaghan fit they'd have beat Kerry last year. Now Kerry have the confidence though I think it's a different kettle of fish and with every year there are a few less of the really good Dubs team who they do need to hold onto. Definitely the only ones capable IMO. Mayo, Armagh or Galway for me just not quite good enough. If Tyrone could absolutely peak they *maybe* could but the stars would kind of need to align for them too and it remains to be seen where they are.

NotedObserver

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2023, 04:07:39 PM
Monaghan are dropping off a bit but yes I'd agree. The only team who can beat Kerry is Dublin for me too. They would need the older boys getting a run this year and would need O'Callaghan fit. I would still maintain that with O'Callaghan fit they'd have beat Kerry last year. Now Kerry have the confidence though I think it's a different kettle of fish and with every year there are a few less of the really good Dubs team who they do need to hold onto. Definitely the only ones capable IMO. Mayo, Armagh or Galway for me just not quite good enough. If Tyrone could absolutely peak they *maybe* could but the stars would kind of need to align for them too and it remains to be seen where they are.

Strange that I would fancy Derry and Armagh to beat Tyrone in Ulster championship but would give Tyrone the best chance of beating Kerry

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree with that. Dunno if that was maybe a Harte thing but they generally peaked at the right time of year.

Saffrongael

I think Kerry will be very hard to beat over the next year or two, now that they have won one
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

From the Bunker

Ah, your having a laugh. Rose tinted glasses and a skewed Kerry championship almost ensures Kerry Intermediate and Junior AI Club titles every year and makes the uneducated think that Kerry are stronger than they are. Monaghan are in decline and being down to 14 away is tough anywhere.
I'm not even going to mention the Donegal game.

Armamike

Like a lot of AI winning teams, Kerry could drop off a little this year due to injuries, fatigue, lack of hunger etc.  But then again, they might not.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armagh18

Quote from: NotedObserver on February 07, 2023, 04:14:55 PM

Strange that I would fancy Derry and Armagh to beat Tyrone in Ulster championship but would give Tyrone the best chance of beating Kerry
Probably agree with that myself, obviously because Tyrone managed it not so long ago, but I think Kerry have got a fair bit better since then and Tyrone have went backwards, even at that if Clifford hadn't got injured that day I doubt Tyrone would have beat them.

seafoid

Quote from: Armamike on February 07, 2023, 04:53:58 PM
Like a lot of AI winning teams, Kerry could drop off a little this year due to injuries, fatigue, lack of hunger etc.  But then again, they might not.
I think 2007 was the last time they retained the title but that was against Cork so it doesn't really count.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 07, 2023, 04:18:44 PM

Ah, your having a laugh. Rose tinted glasses and a skewed Kerry championship almost ensures Kerry Intermediate and Junior AI Club titles every year and makes the uneducated think that Kerry are stronger than they are. Monaghan are in decline and being down to 14 away is tough anywhere.
I'm not even going to mention the Donegal game.

No other stand out candidates. Tyrone and Donegal won't challenge for a couple years either.  After the referee fiasco against Donegal I expect  Jack to circle the wagons and  get the Kerry mafia to put  pressures on the reiteoirs.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 07, 2023, 05:15:57 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on February 07, 2023, 04:14:55 PM

Probably agree with that myself, obviously because Tyrone managed it not so long ago, but I think Kerry have got a fair bit better since then and Tyrone have went backwards, even at that if Clifford hadn't got injured that day I doubt Tyrone would have beat them.

Agree with the above but one thing would say is Tyrone had 2 black cards in the game which I thought would have cost them the game