Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Dan Flynn starts for Kildare. Him and Robinson could be great inside. Both can take on and beat players.
Ben McCormack, Kevin Feely and Jimmy Hyland in reserve...
Big game for ourselves and Cork
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

imtommygunn

Cork walloping Kildare.

Meath three goals again but a bit less on the points front and Clare catching up.

Derry Louth interesting too. All square.

Captain Scarlet

It is HORRENDOUSLY BAD!
We seem to be opened up at any stage while also clogging up our own space up front.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thejuice

We're finding the goals anyway but not tight at the back. At least we're staying in front and not letting good leads slip. Shane Walsh getting injured is a bit of a loss but Lenihan has stepped in nicely. Seems a bit silly of Colm moaning about players playing too much with sigerson but he still picked Walsh to start. Should have rested him clearly.

Anyway, Derry next week is a big step up and if we can get a point from it up there that would be a solid start.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mup

I think it's time us Kildare fans take a step back and really look at Kildare football. Unfortunately we'll never be good enough to challenge on a regular basis. No Leinster in 20+ years. A couple of moral boosting wins in league and championship to keep us going. The reality is that football in Kildare is not good enough.

Time for us GAA fans in Kildare to start following our hurlers more. They are improving the whole time.

Captain Scarlet

The hurlers don't get enough credit at all and the people involved are real hurling men.

That game was awful. I mean it was like John Cleary handed in a set of instructions to the Kildare dressing room and they duly obliged to give them the game!

There is no movement up front and somehow, despite having loads of bodies around, one pop pass opens up our entire defence who are ball watching. The overall issue is we are always passive. Good if we are given space but terrible aside.

As many pointed out a Kildare man is in Division 1 now with Roscommon who made it very clear he wanted it. But we need to look at the whole thing overall. Tailteann Cup here we come!

imtommygunn

Is everything ok with management / in the squad etc? To me in the Dublin game there didn't seem much belief in particular.  You just looked a bit of a deflated team and you did beat Dublin in the league last year so at least in the league there should have been a bit of belief there.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: mup on February 07, 2023, 10:45:53 AM
I think it's time us Kildare fans take a step back and really look at Kildare football. Unfortunately we'll never be good enough to challenge on a regular basis. No Leinster in 20+ years. A couple of moral boosting wins in league and championship to keep us going. The reality is that football in Kildare is not good enough.

Time for us GAA fans in Kildare to start following our hurlers more. They are improving the whole time.

Kidare isa hurling county now.  Naas making great stride in recent years. All credit to Seanie Johnson.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 07, 2023, 02:52:42 PM
The hurlers don't get enough credit at all and the people involved are real hurling men.

That game was awful. I mean it was like John Cleary handed in a set of instructions to the Kildare dressing room and they duly obliged to give them the game!

There is no movement up front and somehow, despite having loads of bodies around, one pop pass opens up our entire defence who are ball watching. The overall issue is we are always passive. Good if we are given space but terrible aside.

As many pointed out a Kildare man is in Division 1 now with Roscommon who made it very clear he wanted it. But we need to look at the whole thing overall. Tailteann Cup here we come!

Crazy not to give job to Davey Burke.

Rossfan

Keep away from our Davy!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ulster Frank

Quote from: Rossfan on February 07, 2023, 03:14:20 PM
Keep away from our Davy!!!

The Rossies must be şome bucks to both Burke and McHugh.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2023, 02:59:54 PM
Is everything ok with management / in the squad etc? To me in the Dublin game there didn't seem much belief in particular.  You just looked a bit of a deflated team and you did beat Dublin in the league last year so at least in the league there should have been a bit of belief there.

Well we pulled out of the O'Byrne Cup and there is no real chat about them. Normally things would get out. Maybe it was a bad sign...like I will always say that Kildare have the lowest football IQ of any team playing.
There are lads who are serious players at times but they also do some of the dumbest shit going and we never seem to learn.

seafoid

It's only 2 games in. Kildare are a mid table D2 team. Dubs and Derry would be the the hardest matches. So they would have 8 points to play for.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2023, 02:59:54 PM

Paul Galvin left the camp just before the league. He was a skills coach.