East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 02, 2023, 06:48:12 PM
Every country in the world outside EU controls their borders for a huge number of reasons. Anyone inside the EU mentions it and they are automatically racist. Never really understood it.

Yet they all have more migrants than here

Walter Cronc

Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 02, 2023, 04:32:03 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 04:25:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2023, 04:10:38 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2023, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 02, 2023, 03:48:10 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 03:36:21 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2023, 01:12:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 02, 2023, 01:09:07 PM
Absolute scumbags. Suppose you can protest at night when you've no work to go to in the morning. Same people, same mindset as loyalists!
Exactly my thoughts, behaving like Loyalists!

At least they're doing SOMETHING. Beats sitting around and wondering where the hell your country or community has gone. Or would you rather see an unending stream of migrants here? IS there a limit? Because the way some people go on, we should provide for anyone and everyone who washes up on our shores.

More brains in a false face!

Well said

Go on then Rossfan - or Walter Cronc: should we provide for everyone who washes up on our shores? Is there a limit? You know, no point implying I'm 'brainless' if you won't even address the question I posed.

How are you impacted? on a personal level? Has anyone taken your job or stopped you from doing your day to day stuff?

By mass immigration? I'm self-employed, so obviously not affected in that respect. However, it is noticeably harder to get doctors' appointments for family members, not to mention an incident where I had to get the guards last year.
But, in any case, it's not all about a gripe I hold, personally. Or should I just take the "I'm all right, Jack" attitude?

Ah yes it's harder to get an appointment with the GP. Young doctors are leaving the country in their droves as they can't even afford to buy a house. Vulture funds bulk buying housing and build to rent schemes causing the market to sky rocket. Aye but let's not blame FFG. Let's blame the shinners and the brown lad fleeing war torn countries.  Once again you are being taken for fools. Just like the Brits in working class areas of England!

Trust me lad we've enough right wing trash merchants up here to do us a lifetime!

Oh no, you're wrong - I do blame FFG. What makes you think otherwise? As for the housing shortage? No, no, nothing at all to do w/ mass immigration. Hmmm, wonder who's being taken for a fool?!

How has ppl being put up in temporary accomodation anything to do with build to let policies and vulture funds mass buying new developments!! Developers (who are in bed with FFG) have cut social housing hence the shortage.

You'd fit in well around the Shankill Road. Essentially the same. Race to the bottom racist fools. Pity we can't round up the spongers (who claim to be working class) and put them on a boat!

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2023, 06:37:35 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 02, 2023, 06:20:54 PM
So it's racist to have issues with uncontrolled immigration ? Gottit
Where is this "uncontrolled immigration"?
Non EU people have to have a visa to come here and a work permit to work here.
Others who seek International Protection have their cases examined and are deported if not entitled to it.

If only we could deport the 0.8% Nazi scum......

That's just the thing; they're not deported. Or barely ever. So there's your "uncontrolled".

Milltown Row2

Absolute scumbags. Suppose you can protest at night when you've no work to go to in the morning. Same people, same mindset as loyalists!

At least they're doing SOMETHING. Beats sitting around and wondering where the hell your country or community has gone. Or would you rather see an unending stream of migrants here? IS there a limit? Because the way some people go on, we should provide for anyone and everyone who washes up on our shores.

Well said

Go on then Rossfan - or Walter Cronc: should we provide for everyone who washes up on our shores? Is there a limit? You know, no point implying I'm 'brainless' if you won't even address the question I posed.

How are you impacted? on a personal level? Has anyone taken your job or stopped you from doing your day to day stuff?

By mass immigration? I'm self-employed, so obviously not affected in that respect. However, it is noticeably harder to get doctors' appointments for family members, not to mention an incident where I had to get the guards last year.
But, in any case, it's not all about a gripe I hold, personally. Or should I just take the "I'm all right, Jack" attitude?

But you are taking the I'm all right Jack approach..

There's more to life than worrying about refugees's (allegedly) stopping you going to the doctors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

people claming  to be left wing looking down on working class basing their self worth on capatalism

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Eire90 on February 02, 2023, 07:11:07 PM
people claming  to be left wing looking down on working class basing their self worth on capatalism

Define working class?

burdizzo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 02, 2023, 07:00:52 PM

Well said

Ah yes it's harder to get an appointment with the GP. Young doctors are leaving the country in their droves as they can't even afford to buy a house. Vulture funds bulk buying housing and build to rent schemes causing the market to sky rocket. Aye but let's not blame FFG. Let's blame the shinners and the brown lad fleeing war torn countries.  Once again you are being taken for fools. Just like the Brits in working class areas of England!

Trust me lad we've enough right wing trash merchants up here to do us a lifetime!

Oh no, you're wrong - I do blame FFG. What makes you think otherwise? As for the housing shortage? No, no, nothing at all to do w/ mass immigration. Hmmm, wonder who's being taken for a fool?!

How has ppl being put up in temporary accomodation anything to do with build to let policies and vulture funds mass buying new developments!! Developers (who are in bed with FFG) have cut social housing hence the shortage.

You'd fit in well around the Shankill Road. Essentially the same. Race to the bottom racist fools. Pity we can't round up the spongers (who claim to be working class) and put them on a boat!

You really think the enormous influx of people (legal and illegal) has no impact on the housing market? Wow.

I'm not defending spongers at all. Just surprised you want to replace our own ones with foreign ones. You know, you do realise that the welfare state is a big 'pull-factor'? Talk about the race to the bottom. Heh.

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2023, 07:03:09 PM

There's more to life than worrying about refugees's (allegedly) stopping you going to the doctors

Yeah, well - you could say that about anything anyone debates on a discussion board.

tonto1888

Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 07:01:56 PM
Others who seek International Protection have their cases examined and are deported if not entitled to it.

That's just the thing; they're not deported. Or barely ever. So there's your "uncontrolled".

How do you know how often they are deported?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 07:19:01 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 02, 2023, 07:00:52 PM

Well said

You really think the enormous influx of people (legal and illegal) has no impact on the housing market? Wow.

I'm not defending spongers at all. Just surprised you want to replace our own ones with foreign ones. You know, you do realise that the welfare state is a big 'pull-factor'? Talk about the race to the bottom. Heh.

Fix the problem at government not at the people who are coming here. Fix that then move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 02, 2023, 07:21:02 PM

There are different figures available for different years, but it's fair to say fewer than 20% are deported.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 02, 2023, 07:48:57 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 02, 2023, 07:21:02 PM

There are different figures available for different years, but it's fair to say fewer than 20% are deported.

So they are being deported?

Get the right legislation put in place with proper effort to follow it through. If the system is wrong that's a government problem. Venting anger and mob rule directed at refugees/immigrants/illegal immigrants is not fixing the problem.

In the mean time stay healthy  ;)

On that the wife was at her surgery yesterday she said most there were foreign, I said did you get seen? She did,  and came home.

Kidder81

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-64487361.amp

Violent man killed stranger on busy Oxford Street

A violent offender killed a complete stranger in a "ferocious" knife attack in London's busy Oxford Street.
An Old Bailey jury took one hour to rule that Tedi Fanta, 27, who was on bail, had fatally stabbed Stephen Dempsey, 60, in July 2021, after travelling from his home in Swansea.
The ruling came after Fanta was judged medically unfit to stand trial.

The "very, very ill" young man will be sentenced after a psychiatrist can be called to give evidence.
Judge Michael Topolski KC indicated Fanta was likely to get a hospital order with restrictions.
The court previously heard Fanta had brandished the weapon and jumped on the retired civil servant from behind outside the Microsoft store in Oxford Street shortly before 20:00BST.
A pair of passing skateboarders leapt into action and hit Fanta with their boards in a bid to disarm him, the Old Bailey was told.

Police rushing to the scene after reports of the stabbing unfolded
Image caption,
Police rushed to the scene after reports of the stabbing unfolded
They then helped to restrain the attacker until armed police arrived, while other members of the public tended to the victim, who was visiting the capital from Essex.
When police arrived, Fanta was speaking in an "incoherent manner" and had a head injury from a blow from a skateboard.

Mr Dempsey, who was born in Belfast, had suffered four stab wounds and died in hospital later that night from a knife injury to the chest.

Previous convictions
Prosecutor Caroline Carberry KC said Fanta had carried out a "frenzied and fatal attack".
The court was told Eritrean-born Fanta, who arrived in Britain in 2014, had previous convictions for criminal damage, assaulting a police constable and emergency worker, and was on bail at the time of the killing.
Ms Carberry KC said he had been arrested on 18 June 2021 - days before the killing - for "brandishing a saw" in Swansea.

He was bailed by police for that offence, to appear at Swansea Magistrates' Court at a later date.
Fanta was initially charged with murder and possessing a knife following Mr Dempsey's death, but was judged unfit to stand trial and jurors instead deliberated whether he committed the acts alleged against him.
In a victim impact statement, Kathleen Dempsey said her brother was an "unassuming" man who had lived in Leigh-on-Sea in Essex since he was a child.
Mitigating, Patrick Upward KC said Fanta was conscripted into the Eritrean army aged 12 or 13 and was later shot and tortured.
He eventually sought sanctuary in the UK and was granted refugee status but "by then the damage had been done", he added.

Eire90

more protests in ballymun tonight.

tonto1888

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 02, 2023, 07:54:20 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-64487361.amp

Violent man killed stranger on busy Oxford Street

A violent offender killed a complete stranger in a "ferocious" knife attack in London's busy Oxford Street.
An Old Bailey jury took one hour to rule that Tedi Fanta, 27, who was on bail, had fatally stabbed Stephen Dempsey, 60, in July 2021, after travelling from his home in Swansea.
The ruling came after Fanta was judged medically unfit to stand trial.

The "very, very ill" young man will be sentenced after a psychiatrist can be called to give evidence.
Judge Michael Topolski KC indicated Fanta was likely to get a hospital order with restrictions.
The court previously heard Fanta had brandished the weapon and jumped on the retired civil servant from behind outside the Microsoft store in Oxford Street shortly before 20:00BST.
A pair of passing skateboarders leapt into action and hit Fanta with their boards in a bid to disarm him, the Old Bailey was told.

Police rushing to the scene after reports of the stabbing unfolded
Image caption,
Police rushed to the scene after reports of the stabbing unfolded
They then helped to restrain the attacker until armed police arrived, while other members of the public tended to the victim, who was visiting the capital from Essex.
When police arrived, Fanta was speaking in an "incoherent manner" and had a head injury from a blow from a skateboard.

Mr Dempsey, who was born in Belfast, had suffered four stab wounds and died in hospital later that night from a knife injury to the chest.

Previous convictions
Prosecutor Caroline Carberry KC said Fanta had carried out a "frenzied and fatal attack".
The court was told Eritrean-born Fanta, who arrived in Britain in 2014, had previous convictions for criminal damage, assaulting a police constable and emergency worker, and was on bail at the time of the killing.
Ms Carberry KC said he had been arrested on 18 June 2021 - days before the killing - for "brandishing a saw" in Swansea.

He was bailed by police for that offence, to appear at Swansea Magistrates' Court at a later date.
Fanta was initially charged with murder and possessing a knife following Mr Dempsey's death, but was judged unfit to stand trial and jurors instead deliberated whether he committed the acts alleged against him.
In a victim impact statement, Kathleen Dempsey said her brother was an "unassuming" man who had lived in Leigh-on-Sea in Essex since he was a child.
Mitigating, Patrick Upward KC said Fanta was conscripted into the Eritrean army aged 12 or 13 and was later shot and tortured.
He eventually sought sanctuary in the UK and was granted refugee status but "by then the damage had been done", he added.

The point of this is what exactly?