Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwregor

Another new era. What can we expect?
Any news on new members to the panel or lads not committing?

Laois man

Laois second team hurled Maynooth college Tuesday night in plaois any new faces on panel or wonder who was playing?

burdizzo

Obviously Cha and Downey out, but I believe Picky also not there at the moment.

mcwregor

Lee Cleere also gone travelling, a big loss. Ben Conroy also not available. I understand a few players have asked to have xmas off and may return in january. Im not sure who they are. I think Aaron Dunphy is back on board this year. We will be looking to the likes of james duggan, mossy keyes to provide an injection of enthusiasm into the team, hopefully they are on board?
Tipp in Thurles on Feb 4th will be one to shake off the cobwebs. Hopefully we can get back to being reasonably competitive in the league similar to how we were under E.B. We need to play with huge intensity, become difficult to play against and not ship goals. Possession in the modern game is crucial, we need to be able to retain our own puckouts for starters either short or long. Our forwards in recent years haven't been much of a threat, found it hard to win their own ball and were lacking in confidence. Maher needs to find a way of getting the best out of what hes got, that might be playing a different way than we have been, it wont be easy.

We have proven over the past few years that we can compete, its about doing it consistently. We were excellent in the heat of battle in nowlan park against waterford in the championship in 2021 and decent performances against tipp in the league and dublin in the championship last year would give a level of optimism but we also took some heavy beatings which we need to avoid.

Lost soul 2

Yea played maynooth,looked like first team players training out in other pitch,saw most of match.team was 1.peter Walsh 2.niall Coss 3.podge lawlor 4.danny Brennan 5.cathal fennell 6.enda parlon 7.fionan Mahony 8.ciaran Byrne 9.liam senior 10.dan delaney 11tagdh cuddy 12.rigney(I think)13 James duggan 14seamus fitz15 martin phelan,feel of friendly of it.two midfielders went well and murt phelan played very well.niall Coss got on good bit of ball too

clonadmad

Seniors playing Tipperary u20's Friday night

Lost soul 2

mcwregor

Did the match vs tipp 20s go ahead?

Ogie

Good to see Laois moving the matches around the county, like Mountrath on Sunday

Word is good & positive coming from the camp on Maher & his set up

Laois man

Great to see a game in Mrath should be a nice crowd there Sunday.

Laois man

Wonder will there be a team up tonight for the game Sunday? I believe there Happy with Maher and his backroom team great to hear that all positive so far.

mcwregor

What laois players are missing this year that would be a loss to the team.
Cha Dwyer
Sean Downey
Ben Conroy
Lee Cleere
Diarmuid Conway
Joe Campion
Picky Maher?
Any hope of getting David Dooley playing with u20s this year (bob and none)

burdizzo

Joe Campion? Why are we still talking about him playing for Laois? Would he even be sure to be on the team now? I don't think Ben Conroy is the answer to all our prayers, either. Cha, in fairness, he will be a loss - and Ballinakill, without him and Downey, you couldn't fancy in Senior B.

mcwregor

Is Ciaran McEvoy on the panel this year?

Home Boys Home

Quote from: mcwregor on January 06, 2023, 09:45:04 PM
What laois players are missing this year that would be a loss to the team.
Cha Dwyer
Sean Downey
Ben Conroy
Lee Cleere
Diarmuid Conway
Joe Campion
Picky Maher?
Any hope of getting David Dooley playing with u20s this year (bob and none)

Don't think the following are in training, maybe not all first team choices but would  be a loss to the panel:

Ronan Broderick
John Lennon
Conor Phelan
Eoin Gaughan
Mark Dowling
CiarĂ¡n Collier