Club hurling championships 2022

Started by johnnycool, November 06, 2022, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They have a chance, Paddy Power has them +8, I'll be taking that. Getting the match ups right and getting a big slice of luck will be important, Dunloy will be heading down on Sunday morning rather than staying over, I believe Glen are staying the Sat night, Dunloy will be sleeping (if they get much) in their own beds.

It would be amazing for the club to win, god knows they have tried so often, I think this team has a chance maybe not this year but certainly with the panel they have and age group they could get a couple of chances to reach another final or two after this one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

What matters is a good performance and plenty of learning. If they win it's fantastic but if they don't they can finish the job next year. The club deserves an all Ireland.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2023, 10:15:31 AM
They have a chance, Paddy Power has them +8, I'll be taking that. Getting the match ups right and getting a big slice of luck will be important, Dunloy will be heading down on Sunday morning rather than staying over, I believe Glen are staying the Sat night, Dunloy will be sleeping (if they get much) in their own beds.

It would be amazing for the club to win, god knows they have tried so often, I think this team has a chance maybe not this year but certainly with the panel they have and age group they could get a couple of chances to reach another final or two after this one
Some coin spent there lol. How far of a bus journey would Croker be for them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 19, 2023, 10:24:48 PM

2.45 hours? It's an 1.30 from Belfast
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Alister and Shane Elliott aren't brothers, they're cousins so Alister isn't Ryan's uncle AFAIK.

That aside, it's a big ask for Dunloy against probably one of the best club teams ever, their record in Kilkenny, Leinster and in the AI series will probably never be bettered.

TJ may be in the twilight of his career and is still a handful, then you add Eoin Cody who's only getting going as well as Mullen then who knows if they can keep this run going.

square_ball

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 19, 2023, 10:24:48 PM

Stewartstown stayed on the Saturday night and i think Galbally did as well before their finals.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 20, 2023, 09:24:01 AM
Alister and Shane Elliott aren't brothers, they're cousins so Alister isn't Ryan's uncle AFAIK.

That aside, it's a big ask for Dunloy against probably one of the best club teams ever, their record in Kilkenny, Leinster and in the AI series will probably never be bettered.

TJ may be in the twilight of his career and is still a handful, then you add Eoin Cody who's only getting going as well as Mullen then who knows if they can keep this run going.

I still fancy the handicap of 8 points though, Dunloy need to tag every scoreable free they get, and they will win frees as Ballyhale do like the physical challenges, the extra game at Croke will have certainly calmed the club players in Dunloy who maybe hadn't had that run out in Croke, so some jitters there will at least have been covered, if the pitch is a problem it will create some extra rucks too, could be an arm wrestle for a bit then.

Stop the flow of ball into Cody, Mullen and of course that monster Colin and it could get interesting, though the bookies rarely get it wrong.

seafoid

They got it wrong for the semi.  Bookies tend to go for favourites.

imtommygunn

I would love to see Dunloy in this but it is a humongous task. They would need a few goals and tend to be more a point scoring team. They have the pace to cause some problems but tj, Mullen , fennelly and Cody are just huge talents for a club match. If they can get the space from Bally hale that ballygunner got the first half then maybe there's some hope but you would still expect ballyhale by seven or eight. Dunloy would have been better off if Bally hale had won last year as that will fuel the,.

It would be great to see them win. Big ask though!

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2023, 01:18:55 PM
I would love to see Dunloy in this but it is a humongous task. They would need a few goals and tend to be more a point scoring team. They have the pace to cause some problems but tj, Mullen , fennelly and Cody are just huge talents for a club match. If they can get the space from Bally hale that ballygunner got the first half then maybe there's some hope but you would still expect ballyhale by seven or eight. Dunloy would have been better off if Bally hale had won last year as that will fuel the,.

It would be great to see them win. Big ask though!
Both finals feature a team that lost last year's final. Kilmacud are deemed to be chokers in some parts. Ballyhale aren't.

seafoid

The main thing is that Dunloy are back. A handy all Ireland is likely to present itself when Ballys Hale and Gunner fade out. Especially if the Galway hurlers continue to.perform and the clubs don't.  Say  a Laois team wins Leinster and a first time Clare team win Munster
Dunloy would be unbackable.

keep her low this half

Its very hard to bet against Ballyhale, but for a goal in stoppage time they would be going for 4 in a row. However they did concede that goal in stoppage time and a lot of the team have serious miles on the clock, TJ, Colin fennelly, Joey Holden. There may be the odd weakness there. The longer Dunloy stay in the game the more nervous Ballyhale will become.
Dunloy are a serious side and have bulked up well in the last couple of years, they looked really well conditioned in the Antrim championship. They have a very good age profile and will be there or thereabouts for the next 5 years but that doesn't matter on Sunday.
I actually secretly fancy them on Sunday, I think getting the Slaughtneil monkey off their back was huge and now they can relax and open their shoulders and express themselves. When Dunloy got to their first final in 1995 they had the game virtually won on a terrible day in Croker, I see this game as something similar I just hope they can get over the line this time.
Ballyhale have far too many all irelands, they don't need need another, Dunloy to pinch it in the second half late on.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2023, 02:54:00 PM
The main thing is that Dunloy are back. A handy all Ireland is likely to present itself when Ballys Hale and Gunner fade out. Especially if the Galway hurlers continue to.perform and the clubs don't.  Say  a Laois team wins Leinster and a first time Clare team win Munster
Dunloy would be unbackable.

:o

Dunloy are far from a given to get over slaughtneil in any year. If Ballygunner fade then np from Limerick are outstanding anyway. The Dublin clubs are getting much better in Leinster and even if Ballyhale don't win kk then whoever wins it won't be too shabby.

No such thing as an easy AI.

I hope you are right keep er low. Would be fantastic to see an Antrim team win it.