Vapes/E-ciggarettes

Started by Ghost, February 28, 2023, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Upandover on March 01, 2023, 08:33:34 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2023, 05:50:14 PM
Quote from: Upandover on February 28, 2023, 05:39:43 PM
Was vaping for about a year, off them 3 weeks, withdrawal has been like coming off heroin, absolutely brutal.
What made it brutal?
Was it nicotine withdrawal symptoms plus extra vape related stuff?
Did you try and wean yourself off? weaning off  nicotine is a masochistic method.
Going cold turkey is by far the best method to kick the nicotine addiction, it gets easier by the day

Anxiety, feeling low all the time, lethargic, irritable, headaches, it was an absolutely brutal experience tbh.
It was cold turkey, just stopped.
Im a nurse in local hospital and consultants are saying that 5-10 years we will see untild health complications related to vaping.

Good man, stay with it. I gave up the smokes nearly 5 years ago. Haven't looked back and easily best decision I ever made. Once you break the habit it's wee buns.
I think we haven't seen the full effects of vaping yet. It's actually mad that nicotine and tobacco products are legal.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 01, 2023, 09:03:31 AM
Was vaping for about a year, off them 3 weeks, withdrawal has been like coming off heroin, absolutely brutal.
What made it brutal?
Did you try and wean yourself off? weaning off  nicotine is a masochistic method.
Going cold turkey is by far the best method to kick the nicotine addiction, it gets easier by the day

Anxiety, feeling low all the time, lethargic, irritable, headaches, it was an absolutely brutal experience tbh.
Im a nurse in local hospital and consultants are saying that 5-10 years we will see untild health complications related to vaping.

Good man, stay with it. I gave up the smokes nearly 5 years ago. Haven't looked back and easily best decision I ever made. Once you break the habit it's wee buns.
I think we haven't seen the full effects of vaping yet. It's actually mad that nicotine and tobacco products are legal.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pretty simple really.

Armagh18

New Zealand totally phasing out cigarettes.

Main Street

Quote from: trailer on March 01, 2023, 09:03:31 AM
What made it brutal?

By the sounds of it, vape + nicotine withdrawal is 10 times more butal than just plain nicotine withdrawal. I'm guessing that there are two witdrawals going on at the same time, the nicotine plus some other vape shite which is similar to benzodiazepines. And that makes it more complicated because nicotine is best done cold turkey and benzodiazepines is a slow weaning off process.
You've done great, just never ever indulge any nicotine product ever again  :)

tbrick18

Vaping is rife amongst teenage kids. There's a black market for them in my kids school, one or two kids bringing them in and selling them to the masses. In one case I know of, a 4th years mum buys them and sends them to school with her son to sell. A real scabby thing to do if you ask me.

But the kids all think its cool, I guess in the same way smoking was considered cook back in the day.

Thankfully, my kids haven't indulged...at least as far as I know. But it's really concerning how many different vice's kids are exposed to now in comparison to when I was a kid.
Vaping should be banned too in my opinion, with some allowances made through the NHS to help heavy smokers quit. There's no regulation on it at the moment as far as I know, so like any other "legal" substance they could contain anything.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 01, 2023, 03:23:14 PM
Vaping is rife amongst teenage kids. There's a black market for them in my kids school, one or two kids bringing them in and selling them to the masses. In one case I know of, a 4th years mum buys them and sends them to school with her son to sell. A real scabby thing to do if you ask me.

But the kids all think its cool, I guess in the same way smoking was considered cook back in the day.

Thankfully, my kids haven't indulged...at least as far as I know. But it's really concerning how many different vice's kids are exposed to now in comparison to when I was a kid.
Vaping should be banned too in my opinion, with some allowances made through the NHS to help heavy smokers quit. There's no regulation on it at the moment as far as I know, so like any other "legal" substance they could contain anything.

+1. At least kids used to hide to have a smoke in the fear of getting caught. Countless school kids of all ages dander up the road vaping. People vape on the bus I get home from work ffs. Even walking about the supermarket looking like they are on fire. Human smoke machines. All you do is breath in flavored smoke everywhere you go ffs. Single use vapes need to be outlawed ASAP.