Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Southampton,Leicester City and Leeds United are looking like the three to get relegated.

lurganblue

totally stunned by that Everton result.  I thought they were doomed but who knows now.  I cant call the last 2 to drop at all.

I'd like to think the Brighton stumble could give Villa hope of some sort of European finish but I think the brutal loss to Wolves at the weekend has put the nail in that coffin.

imtommygunn

Far from over yet. Surely big sam will have some kind of impact too.

Burnley beat everton before and everyone thought they were home and dry then did they not get relegated?

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2023, 11:14:44 PM
Southampton,Leicester City and Leeds United are looking like the three to get relegated.
It's too early I think If Everton and Forest were 6 points ahead of the drop zone it would be different but they aren't.
Who each team played in the last round of games was random. Same for the next 3 rounds.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2023, 11:32:29 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2023, 11:14:44 PM
It's too early I think If Everton and Forest were 6 points ahead of the drop zone it would be different but they aren't.
Who each team played in the last round of games was random. Same for the next 3 rounds.

Everton were hoping before tonight for two wins from their last 4 games. Last nights emphatic win is in bonus territory.

Away to Man City on Sunday was never going to be anything to count on, but then they've Wolves away and finish with Bournemouth at home on the last day.

Get something from Wolves and after last night that's a real possibility and then full tilt at Bournemouth who're on the beach already is doable.

Leicester have Liverpool, Newcastle and finish up with Westham, so might still be in with a shout on the last day.

Southampton have Fulham, Brighton and finally Liverpool, they need to pick up 3 wins and hope Everton don't get another point anywhere... They should be gone.

Leeds have Newcastle, Westham and finally Spurs, They've to pick up 3 more points than Everton do in the run in (Everton better goal difference) and 3 more than Forrest.

imtommygunn

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2023, 12:09:35 PM
It's home to man city.

Ok, that's another 3 points in the bag for Dyche's heros.

;D

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnnycool on May 09, 2023, 12:36:55 PM
It's home to man city.

;D
just never know with Everton.
Having Mina and DCL fit makes a huge difference

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on May 09, 2023, 12:36:55 PM
It's home to man city.

;D

;D

It might make a difference although I don't think Dwight McNeil will ever play like that again for as long as he lives  :D

Funny fixture that one. If Everton get tanked and some of the other challengers win then right back to square one.

We will have to support Liverpool in the next game which is never where you want to be  ;)

Captain Obvious

A battling draw for Leeds however Big Sam will rue that penalty miss to put them 2-0 up and then Newcastle scored twice from penalties.

Cunny Funt

Title race if it wasn't already over is now with that set of results today.

square_ball

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 14, 2023, 06:33:18 PM
Title race if it wasn't already over is now with that set of results today.

Yeah it will be confirmed next Saturday or Sunday.

BrotherMore6592

For sure

If Manchester City progress against Madrid this week the treble is all but theirs and it will have been more impressive than the treble of uniteds by some stretch.

That United team in the final won't lay a hand on them if city turn up in the form.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 14, 2023, 08:10:47 PM
For sure

If Manchester City progress against Madrid this week the treble is all but theirs and it will have been more impressive than the treble of uniteds by some stretch.

That United team in the final won't lay a hand on them if city turn up in the form.
Different eras and whatever Manchester City win is fairly hollow.

Aren't you an Arsenal supporter who should be more concerned about how Arsenal are going to lose this Premier league title with a few games to spare when it was Arsenal's title to lose.

BrotherMore6592

As your namesake states that's fairly obvious with the smallest bit of on-forum research, correct captain.

You're turning to whataboutery, I seem to remember a Ten Haag team who were going to win the quad not long ago, then the treble! then the double.... Now