Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2023, 08:18:11 PM
Brodge and Potter in the one day. Crazy.

Soap opera for men this oul soccerball

It  was only  a matter of time with Rodgers.  He seems  to have a  shelf life of only  2-3  year at each club

Hardly surprising  about Potter either. I always  thought him going  to Chelsea was a bad move .  Like Moyes  to United , was never  going to end well. Shame , because he did well with  Brighton, he  now has to  rebuild  his reputation again  elsewhere

square_ball

Nagelsmann to Chelsea
Rodgers to Spurs
Potter to Leicester

Captain Obvious

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 02, 2023, 08:18:11 PM
Brodge and Potter in the one day. Crazy.

Soap opera for men this oul soccerball
Not sure how Rodgers lasted as long as he did.  Roman Abramovich gone from Chelsea yet still no patience with new managers Nagelsmann next if he wants another short term manager role.

Piskin

Rodgers is a championship manager at best just like Mick McCarthy.

thewobbler

Quote from: Piskin on April 02, 2023, 10:07:07 PM

How many years should a manager have to get teams performing adequately or better in the PL to prove himself above being a "championship manager at best"?

Piskin

Quote from: thewobbler on April 02, 2023, 10:12:53 PM

How many years should a manager have to get teams performing adequately or better in the PL to prove himself above being a "championship manager at best"?

Depends really...but Rodgers is not up to scratch in todays game. Did well at Celtic and should have stayed there. A poor mans David Moyes really.

Walter Cronc

Christ he won an FA Cup..more than the much lauded Poch!! Leicester owners didn't exactly back him in the transfer market of late.

Capt Pat

I was hoping Potter would still be in charge for the Liverpool game. I wonder who will be in charge for that?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 02, 2023, 11:27:43 PM
I was hoping Potter would still be in charge for the Liverpool game. I wonder who will be in charge for that?

Naggelsman favourite for the job

Piskin

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 02, 2023, 10:50:46 PM

Christ he won an FA Cup..more than the much lauded Poch!! Leicester owners didn't exactly back him in the transfer market of late.

Spent over 70 million on players he wanted, spent 18 months trying to get Vestergaard and then benched him and froze him out after a handful of games. Froze Soyunco for no reason. Celtic was his level and as I said he should have stayed there. No top club would touch him now.

Captain Scarlet

I see poor aul Graham Potter was bought too many expensive players...surely taking the job he knew that he had no say in the transfers but like it's not like he had a load of duds.

Then you look at how much better Brighton are now in attack. So I ask is Potter that good? When you look at Howe, his squad is actually middlin' enough overall, but he is bringing them all on.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

marty34

Quote from: Piskin on April 03, 2023, 03:32:43 AM

Spent over 70 million on players he wanted, spent 18 months trying to get Vestergaard and then benched him and froze him out after a handful of games. Froze Soyunco for no reason. Celtic was his level and as I said he should have stayed there. No top club would touch him now.

He'll get a job.

Like GAA managers, regardless of how they do, they seem to get another gig.

I see Roy H is back with Palace.

From the Bunker

Quote from: marty34 on April 03, 2023, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Piskin on April 03, 2023, 03:32:43 AM

He'll get a job.

Like GAA managers, regardless of how they do, they seem to get another gig.

I see Roy H is back with Palace.

Roy is 76 in August. Don't even think Miko lasted to that age in Management.

CK_Redhand

Allegedly Potter is to receive around 80 million for his 7 months at Chelsea. I think I'd retire.

Mourne Red

Quote from: CK_Redhand on April 03, 2023, 10:13:09 PM
Allegedly Potter is to receive around 80 million for his 7 months at Chelsea. I think I'd retire.

£60m.. £21m Chelsea paid to Brighton to get him as manager.. On top of that if they appointment Nagglesman they have to pay Bayern compensation