Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Utds to lose at this point ;D

Though with city and Arsenal losing that'll help bring Liverpool closer to top 4
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrotherMore6592

Thank you Spursy.

Poor old Harry gets a bunch of flowers for breaking a record. Maybe he'll go somewhere he can win silverware at the end of the season now that monkey is off his back

seafoid

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on February 06, 2023, 06:18:15 AM
Thank you Spursy.

Poor old Harry gets a bunch of flowers for breaking a record. Maybe he'll go somewhere he can win silverware at the end of the season now that monkey is off his back
Bayern Munich

thewobbler

He'll not go abroad, at least not until he's got 261 PL goals.

He'll not go to Chelsea or Arsenal out of loyalty to Spurs fans. He'll not go to Liverpool when they're imploding. He'll not go to Man City if Haaland is there as he'll never willingly step out of 1/3rd of games. So that leaves United, and for that to be considered, United would have to prove that he'd have
a better chance of winning trophies there than at Spurs. Which oddly enough is more dependent on what City, Chelsea and Newcastle do, than what United do.

Taylor

Is the Geordies an option for Arry?

thewobbler

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2023, 09:27:35 AM

Can't see it. Even if everything locks into place quickly, it'd be 3 years still before anyone could regard and trust them as a guaranteed-trophy club.

Taylor

Quote from: thewobbler on February 06, 2023, 09:31:49 AM

Can't see it. Even if everything locks into place quickly, it'd be 3 years still before anyone could regard and trust them as a guaranteed-trophy club.

They would have a better chance than Spurs in the next 3 years

Mourne Red

Well... That's city up shit creek, hopefully they can get the charges to stick

thewobbler

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2023, 09:39:57 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 06, 2023, 09:31:49 AM

They would have a better chance than Spurs in the next 3 years

I don't know why. Howe has clearly stabilised the club and made them difficult to beat. But is he going to attract the star power to Newcastle that puts them into contention for every trophy?

Don't see it myself. Maybe if this was 25 years ago and there wasn't  already a Chelsea and a City trying to do the same. But now now .

And the small chance of it happening isn't going to be enough to tempt Kane to leave his boyhood club where he's worshipped and move his family 300 miles north.

RedHand88

Liverpool and United about to get a bagful of titles between them.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2023, 12:12:27 PM
Why Liverpool?

From the Bunker

If Newcastle had a Messi type character that became Manager. That would attract players. Chelsea got the Ball rolling with Gullit and Vialli. After that it was a series of Highly rated disposable Managers.

RedHand88

Mourne Red

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 06, 2023, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2023, 12:12:27 PM
Why Liverpool?

They've finished 2nd so many times behind City that's why?

RedHand88

Think I read its 09-18, so its 1 I think. 2019 and 2022 outside the scope of the allegations.

I'll take it!