Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Tottenham doing a Tottenham on it.  Just 18 minutes into the 2nd half for Manchester City to turn it around

Armagh18

Quote from: thewobbler on January 19, 2023, 08:59:07 PM
I don't think Haaland was bought to make City "better" per se, so much as more varied, and more productive in tight games.

But like United with Ronaldo, I don't get impression that the rest of the squad overly happy with any tactics that see them reduced to feeding ammunition for a sniper.
I still think he'll win them the CL.

ONeill

Loved that interview from Pep. He has declared war.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2023, 10:58:01 PM
Loved that interview from Pep. He has declared war.

Did he not give up on it last week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Don't think he was sarcastic this week.

That was a message to the fans tonight. The next wave.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Expect them to win 15 or in a row now

johnnycool

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2023, 11:07:07 PM

Thought he was bang on with his message to his players and fans.

He's railing against their comfortable attitude which will be their undoing players especially and home fans expecting the win, just because who they are, but with no fire or passion they'll get caught out like they have in a few games recently.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on January 20, 2023, 09:32:58 AM

He's railing against their comfortable attitude which will be their undoing players especially and home fans expecting the win, just because who they are, but with no fire or passion they'll get caught out like they have in a few games recently.

Prawn sandwich brigade

lurganblue

Chelsea spending some amount of money. Imagine Newcastle were doing that right now. There'd be uproar

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 20, 2023, 09:51:18 AM

Prawn sandwich brigade

In fairness to City they have always had 35k hardcore fans, but have obviously now gained lots of hangers on and new fans spending their time taking selfies at matches
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 20, 2023, 10:25:50 AM

Prawn sandwich brigade

In fairness to City they have always had 35k hardcore fans, but have obviously now gained lots of hangers on and new fans spending their time taking selfies at matches
I remember when they were in the old Third Division. It's not that long ago.
Chelsea were the same. An old club with success in the past who were bought by a billionaire and turned into a superpower.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2023, 10:31:46 AM

Prawn sandwich brigade

Chelsea were the same. An old club with success in the past who were bought by a billionaire and turned into a superpower.
Not that long from Middlesborough tanked them something like 8-1 on last day of the season! Think it was round 07 just before the Arabs came in.

square_ball

And David James was being used as an emergency striker.

shark

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2023, 10:31:46 AM

Prawn sandwich brigade

Team moved up and down the leagues far more frequently when there was less money involved.
Villa went from 3rd division to league and European Champions inside 10 years, back down to 2nd division within another 5, and then 2nd place in division 1 three years later (1990).