ESB cables over property.

Started by snoopdog, August 09, 2021, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

The house attached to me is being renovated and today the ESB arrived to bring a cable from the pole across the road cutting across the corner of my property to connect to the renovated house. I got no notification from the ESB prior to this or the builder. They arent using the old connection that runs under my fascia. Anyone know if I have any rights here. I obviously dont own the airspace. It hasn't gone up as yet. I dont want a power cable running across front of the house.

viperhiggins

First thing to do would probably be lay off the cannabis snoop, you're getting paranoid.

Itchy

Dont think you have any rights in this regard if there is no pole on your property

snoopdog

Quote from: Itchy on August 09, 2021, 03:50:06 PM
Dont think you have any rights in this regard if there is no pole on your property
Nope no pole on property. I didnt think I would have much rights. But they're reviewing it to see if they can do anything else.

Itchy

Quote from: snoopdog on August 09, 2021, 04:03:27 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 09, 2021, 03:50:06 PM
Nope no pole on property. I didnt think I would have much rights. But they're reviewing it to see if they can do anything else.

In fairness I always found ESB guys to be reasonable. Eir on the other hand are a bunch of C*nts

andoireabu

Are there any esb manholes in the footpaths around or are there pillars close by they could take a feed off? They normally try to make new runs go underground rather than overhead.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

snoopdog

Quote from: andoireabu on August 09, 2021, 08:09:39 PM
Are there any esb manholes in the footpaths around or are there pillars close by they could take a feed off? They normally try to make new runs go underground rather than overhead.
From what I can see everything is overhead. Theres a manhole for cable I think. They said they would look at an alternative and then come back to me in a day or 2.