Irish passport

Started by Walter Cronc, January 10, 2021, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Tremblay

Anyone know the process of fast tracking an irish passport?

The better half is having issues at the moment where she applied months ago (january) and there has been no update on the website.  We are heading away at the end of May and things are getting to tight at this stage. 

Also we are going to Spain, whats the rules around Covid?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

johnnycool

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 13, 2022, 09:47:41 AM

The better half is having issues at the moment where she applied months ago (january) and there has been no update on the website.  We are heading away at the end of May and things are getting to tight at this stage. 

I got a renewal turned round in less that a week only last week but have heard of long waits on new applications, one friend had it up on facebook that she'd applied in December but only got it last week just before she was about to fly...

Best of luck with that.

WeeDonns

Have had need to contact them before when I lost a passport and needed a new one to travel the following week & found them very responsive on twitter.
They told me to come to their office in Balbriggan & they printed it while I had a coffee across the road. Pre Coivd times

HiMucker

We were the same waiting on a renewal for one of the kids. Applied in Jan no update on the website. Wife phoned the other day, and they had sent out an email ages ago that went to her spam that was missed and since auto deleted. They had requested the long birth cert. Why they need that for a renewal fcuk knows?? Long and short of it, ring them to find out as we didnt receive a call, though I have heard other people in the same boat have. With regards to fast tracking the passport, I don't think that option exist anymore but I stand to be corrected on that one. Hope ye get sorted in time.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: johnnycool on April 13, 2022, 09:54:31 AM

I got a renewal turned round in less that a week only last week but have heard of long waits on new applications, one friend had it up on facebook that she'd applied in December but only got it last week just before she was about to fly...

Best of luck with that.
I was lucky enough too, applied online  for a renewal  back in February and had it in just over a week ,

trailer

Emailed them about the wee lads and they did come back fairly quickly. The photo was bit iffy so had to redo it. Now it took ages for the passport but they will communicate with you quickly.

Ethan Tremblay

Thanks for the guidance, ill try and call them on it this afternoon and see.  Unfortunately its a new application, if it comes to it, she may have to renew her British passport  :(
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

omagh_gael

Had a passport disaster at weekend which has required me to fork out €245 for the same day turnaround for an Irish passport renewal. I've my appointment at midday tomorrow, does anyone know roughly how long it takes them to print off new passport?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 30, 2023, 02:23:27 PM
Had a passport disaster at weekend which has required me to fork out €245 for the same day turnaround for an Irish passport renewal. I've my appointment at midday tomorrow, does anyone know roughly how long it takes them to print off new passport?

Just use your British one  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WeeDonns

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 30, 2023, 02:23:27 PM

I had to go to their office in Balbriggan once to lift mine - (had a mix up, they thought i was collecting the next morning in the city centre, but my flight left before it opened)
The woman sent me across the road for a coffee - had it ready in 30mins

(I flew home from Spain the previous week with just a photo of my passport)

omagh_gael

Cheers weedons, was speaking to them and woman seemed confident it would be ready within the hour. Flight is at 5pm so will be cutting it tight enough but should be grand.

Rossfan

Renewed passport on line Wed evening. Arrived in post Friday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on January 30, 2023, 03:29:16 PM
Renewed passport on line Wed evening. Arrived in post Friday.

Renewals are unreal. So quick.