Armagh v Fermanagh

Started by illdecide, February 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Okay...this should be interesting, Armagh have a few players back from injury which will obviously strengthen them but Fermanagh have a bit of momentum going into the game plus Armagh's home record is abysmal. McGeeny said in Irish News today he fully expects Armagh to stay in Div 2...either he's unaware of the first two defeats or he's about to unleash the beast for the rest of the league and we've only been messing about so far...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM
McGeeny said in Irish News today he fully expects Armagh to stay in Div 2...either he's unaware of the first two defeats or he's about to unleash the beast for the rest of the league and we've only been messing about so far...

Perhaps he is aware of a proposal to restructure the league!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JP

Quote from: armaghniac on February 19, 2016, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM
McGeeny said in Irish News today he fully expects Armagh to stay in Div 2...either he's unaware of the first two defeats or he's about to unleash the beast for the rest of the league and we've only been messing about so far...

Perhaps he is aware of a proposal to restructure the league!

That could be our best chance of staying up alright! Fermanagh are favourites for this one for sure.

seafoid

McGrath v McGeeney

Insight vs gym bunny
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fermanaghandsam

I was going to head down early and watch the Ireland rugby game in the bar before the GAA, any good spots to watch it near the ground, pub grub would be a bonus?

general_lee

Pearse Og social club is in the grounds but don't think they do food. Maybe the hotel?

seafoid

Quote from: general_lee on February 19, 2016, 02:17:36 PM
Pearse Og social club is in the grounds but don't think they do food. Maybe the hotel?
Who was Pearse Óg?

BenDover

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2016, 02:36:08 PM
Who was Pearse Óg?
ORIGINS OF THE CLUB NAME?

Na Piarsaigh Óga translates as the Young Pearses, proudly take their name from the 1916 Irish Republicans Padraig and Willie Pearse. The Club's crest features 'The Flaming Sword', the symbol generally associated with Pearse and his newspaper, surrounded with the Club colours green and gold, with an outline of Armagh City.

illdecide

Who was Pearse Óg?

That actually didn't even deserve a response...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JP

Just read Mallon, Grugan & Murnin are back with the squad. With McKeever and Murray nearing return.

Throw in a few Cross lads and we will be a much better team by the end of the national league v Derry then when we were at the start.

general_lee

Quote from: JP on February 19, 2016, 03:26:40 PM
Just read Mallon, Grugan & Murnin are back with the squad. With McKeever and Murray nearing return.

Throw in a few Cross lads and we will be a much better team by the end of the national league v Derry then when we were at the start.
Hopefully gives the team a lift but I'm not getting my hopes up. Derry had as many if not more men missing and they've been fine so far.

bennydorano

I'll be backing Armagh -2 or whatever enticing handicaps are on offer, think we'll win 4+

FermGael

Fermanagh have been  missing about 6 of the team who started in last year's all Ireland quarter final due to injury
As far as i know they are all expected back for the Armagh game and McCluskey is also expected back as he had been given a bit of extra  time off.
Apart from the second half of he Derry game we have been very good defensively. 
It will not be pretty.
A repeat of last year's result would do the best

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Orior

Even with the players returning, Armagh will not have forwards who you can depend on for scores. Fermanagh by 4
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2016, 03:17:45 PM
Who was Pearse Óg?

That actually didn't even deserve a response...
it must have been a unionist translation