Best team of the 90's

Started by illdecide, October 05, 2015, 04:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 01:05:21 PM
Romario was another head the ball. Was it him that got the monkey drunk in his nightclub, or was that one of the other nutter Brazilian strikers of that time?

I think that was Edmundo
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

It was. I think he was in a blood feud with Romario at the time :)

Billys Boots

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2015, 01:13:52 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 01:05:21 PM
Romario was another head the ball. Was it him that got the monkey drunk in his nightclub, or was that one of the other nutter Brazilian strikers of that time?

I think that was Edmundo

Ah, the oul' Monster - will always have a place in my heart for his goal against Manure in the club World Cup (or whatever it was called then). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

imtommygunn

Was it not that he fed a monkey beer at a zoo or something like that?

AZOffaly

Here we go. Kindof right, both of us.

EDMUNDO
Unfortunately for the man himself, Edmundo Alves de Souza Neto won't be remembered for his 39 caps and 10 goals for Brazil. He'll be remembered for changing clubs more than Lee Westwood and getting a chimp intoxicated.
Back in 1999, on his sons first birthday, Edmundo hired a carnival which included an impressionable young monkey named Pedrinho. Rumours came out that Edmundo was getting little Pedrinho drunk, and pictures soon surfaced of the Brazilian giving him a beer.
Amid attempted prosecution by animal welfare groups, the former Fiorentina striker proved them to be false.
'The Animal' has also avoided a prison sentence despite causing a car crash that killed three of his passengers, receiving a seven day suspended sentence.
Edmundo played for an astonishing 15 clubs in his career, putting forward a case to be named 'Best Journeyman Ever', despite falling out with pretty much all of them, some invited him back for a second spell.
He also had a long running feud with Romario, all started by Romario scribbling cartoons of Edmundo on a toilet door.
After retiring, The Animal chanced his arm at being a policeman in 2008, before sticking to media work.

imtommygunn