Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Syferus

Now that we've got a place at the dance we can start salivating at three games that could all be mini-classics:

Roscommon vs. Tipp/Cork

Dublin vs. Cavan/Donegal

Both to be played on the 19th of April at TBD Park, County N/A.

The odds from Paddy Power, just for shits and giggles:

Dublin 6/5 FAVOURITES
Roscommon 5/2
Cavan 6/1
Cork 15/2
Tipp 9/1
Donegal 14/1

Captain Obvious

Cavan good value odds. The winner of the Cavan/Donegal v Dublin semi final should win the All Ireland in my opinion.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 06, 2014, 02:38:33 AM
Cavan good value odds. The winner of the Cavan/Donegal v Dublin semi final should win the All Ireland in my opinion.

We heard the first seven times, Captain. The AI is a total toss-up.

Itchy

Dublin should be best placed to win it looking at their team but they have not impressed so far in a very weak Leinster. Maybe they are waiting to peak when it matters. Cavan have a difficult game to win against Donegal, it far from a done deal. If we prevail I think we have as good a chance as anyone.

Shrewdness

Cork would normally be very strong at U-21, so i'm surprised that the bookies have them quoted at the odds above.. To be honest, i would rate Roscommon as serious contenders. In their 3 games to date, they have scored 4-10, 1-12 and 0-19, all away matches. They conceded 1-8, 1-10 and 1-3.

Itchy

Roscommon are real contenders however you need to remember they beat Leitrim and sligo and a quite poor Mayo outfit. Cavan will have beaten Derry, Tyrone, Monaghan and hopefully Donegal. So far they have beaten them all well too.

ross4life

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2014, 09:30:37 AM
Roscommon are real contenders however you need to remember they beat Leitrim and sligo and a quite poor Mayo outfit. Cavan will have beaten Derry, Tyrone, Monaghan and hopefully Donegal. So far they have beaten them all well too.
I'd wonder how this "quite poor Mayo outfit" would have fared against Derry,Tyrone,Monaghan in a championship game. For what i seen of Sligo at both U-21 & minor level in recent years they are well organised and difficult to beat. 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rodney trotter

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2014, 10:18:22 AM
I'd wonder how this "quite poor Mayo outfit" would have fared against Derry,Tyrone,Monaghan in a championship game. For what i seen of Sligo at both U-21 & minor level in recent years they are well organised and difficult to beat.

Don't think they would have fared that well to be honest. Getting hammered at home in a championship game doesn't suggest they would have done better up in Derry

Itchy

Ok for a quiet life I will change my comment.

Roscommon should be favourites for the all Ireland. They beat one of best u21 teams in Ireland in Mayo, beat a fantastic Sligo team by 2 points and thrashed many peoples favourite for the all Ireland in Leitrim. Cork or Tipp have no chance such is their awesomeness.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2014, 10:18:22 AM

This poor Mayo side won the Hastings Shield against Tipp, I'm very interested to see how their minor-winning lads get on against Cork.

Shrewdness

No Syferus, Tipp beat Mayo in that match. Big talk about Cavan considering they haven't even won Ulster yet. A return of 1-7 against Monaghan won't win them many games.

tommysmith

Cavan been talked up to much haven't got the forwards to worry the better teams. Will do well to get over Donegal.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 06, 2014, 12:09:05 PM
No Syferus, Tipp beat Mayo in that match. Big talk about Cavan considering they haven't even won Ulster yet. A return of 1-7 against Monaghan won't win them many games.

They did? Must be remembering it wrong. It was close enough anyways. I think the Mayo U21 manager made some very bad selections around the middle but there was some real talent in that Mayo U21 panel.

It's a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't in Itchy's eyes.

rodney trotter

Cavan scored 3-10 against Derry, and 1-11 against Tyrone, the conditions were terrible against Monaghan hence the low score.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2014, 11:15:02 AM
Ok for a quiet life I will change my comment.

Roscommon should be favourites for the all Ireland. They beat one of best u21 teams in Ireland in Mayo, beat a fantastic Sligo team by 2 points and thrashed many peoples favourite for the all Ireland in Leitrim. Cork or Tipp have no chance such is their awesomeness.

:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.