Purchase moped 100-125 cc

Started by snoopdog, January 06, 2012, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Hi all,
Im thinking of buying a second hand Moped 100-125 cc. does anyone have any advice. What would be considered high milege on a bike and how much milage do they usually do?
also i have a northern licence so does that cover a 100-125 cc moped?
any advice greatly appreciated.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lawnseed

Quote from: snoopdog on January 06, 2012, 03:46:57 PM
Hi all,
Im thinking of buying a second hand Moped 100-125 cc. does anyone have any advice. What would be considered high milege on a bike and how much milage do they usually do?
good plan snoop. your nordie licence covers you provisionally on a 125cc. dont by a moped, buy a honda or a yamaha motorbike. dont buy the chinese replicas they are crap. i had a honda 125 for a few years they are great craic and very easy to ride, great for round the town/city and dirt cheap to run 100miles to the gallon. however should you decide to head on to bigger roads you'll get peed off as big lorries pass you out usally pushing you into the hedge. plenty of second hand stuff on ebay helmets, leathers, covers, boots- everything you need
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

snoopdog

Quote from: lawnseed on January 06, 2012, 07:46:32 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 06, 2012, 03:46:57 PM
Hi all,
good plan snoop. your nordie licence covers you provisionally on a 125cc. dont by a moped, buy a honda or a yamaha motorbike. dont buy the chinese replicas they are crap. i had a honda 125 for a few years they are great craic and very easy to ride, great for round the town/city and dirt cheap to run 100miles to the gallon. however should you decide to head on to bigger roads you'll get peed off as big lorries pass you out usally pushing you into the hedge. plenty of second hand stuff on ebay helmets, leathers, covers, boots- everything you need
forgot to mention living in Dublin so not sure on licence.
will only be using it in Dublin city so not too worried about speed. seen a Honda 100 lead looks ok.
is insurance high.

lawnseed

if your 'living' in dublin then you need to transfer your licence asap your details are'nt correct and your insurance is void no matter what your driving car van etc.. in the south a few years ago you could get a provisional licence with a southern address that intitled you to ride anything.. fireblade whatever you wanted not having actually done the test :o but then when you actually passed you were restricted to a 125 for a year :o the test was a pure joke all you had to do was ride around the barracks in dundalk three times without falling off while your man stood on the pavement nd made notes then 3 questions. thats all changed now.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

andoireabu

Quote from: snoopdog on January 06, 2012, 09:51:11 PM
forgot to mention living in Dublin so not sure on licence.
will only be using it in Dublin city so not too worried about speed. seen a Honda 100 lead looks ok.
is insurance high.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkBxb_HqFE
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

snoopdog

Quote from: lawnseed on January 07, 2012, 11:26:43 PM
if your 'living' in dublin then you need to transfer your licence asap your details are'nt correct and your insurance is void no matter what your driving car van etc.. in the south a few years ago you could get a provisional licence with a southern address that intitled you to ride anything.. fireblade whatever you wanted not having actually done the test :o but then when you actually passed you were restricted to a 125 for a year :o the test was a pure joke all you had to do was ride around the barracks in dundalk three times without falling off while your man stood on the pavement nd made notes then 3 questions. thats all changed now.
Thanks for the info. but your wrong on the insurance aspect i think. Ive been driving for 10 years on a northern licence, insurance company always aware of this. Cops never say anything either. So im pretty sure there is no issue with European licences within the EU its only outside EU you need to change licence