Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Limerick v Offaly...Offaly pulled a big performance out of the bag to trim Monaghan, so I'll go with them
Down v Leitrim...the head says Down all the way but they made heavy weather of Clare, I'll go for Down by one or two
Laois v Kildare...with apologies to my Tyrone and Meath friends Kildare are the best team in the qualifiers.  Should win by 5 or 6
Longford v Tyrone...this could be tight and Glen Ryan has Longford going well...Tyrone after ET??
Armagh v Wicklow...Home advantage to see Armagh home??
Meath v Galway...based on the weekend's games Meath by four or five
London v Waterford...a big win and home draw, could be London again
Antrim v Carlow...hmmm good draw for Antrim but Carlow are a better team than they showed yesterday.  Mick McCann a big loss to us, but James Loughrey is back and looks to be in great nick.  Casement Park advantage, I'll go for Antrim by one score then draw the winners of London/Waterford ;)

waitingforsam

9.07.2011 (Sat)

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship

Round 2

Newry 3.00pm An Dún v Liatroim

Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

Portlaoise 7.00pm Laois v Cill Dara TV3

(E.T. if Necessary)

Pearse Park, 7.00pm An Longfort v Tír Eoghain

Longford Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

Morgan Athletic 7.00pm Ard Mhacha v Cill Mhantáin

Grounds Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

Páirc Tailteann 7.00pm An Mhí v Gaillimh

Navan Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

Casement Park 2.00pm Aontroim v Ceatharlach

(E.T. if Necessary)

Ruslip 6.30pm Londain v Port Láirge

(E.T. if Necessary)

09-10.07.2011 (Sat/Sun)

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship

Round 2
Been waiting since '94

tonto1888

kildare/laois should be good. Id expect us tosee of wicklow

Jinxy

So it's our sworn enemies Galway again.
I hate them so much.  >:(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoislad

I would expect the Laois Kildare match to be the obvious choice for live TV coverage.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2011, 03:52:29 PM
I would expect the Laois Kildare match to be the obvious choice for live TV coverage.

Yep tis...TV3 7pm.
The Aristocrat Years

Hardy

I know he probably has super powers, being an alien and all, but how is E.T. going to ref all those matches at the same time?

PAULD123

Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2011, 06:57:08 PM
Feel sorry for Leitrim worst possible draw teams like them should be allowed a home game. London will fancy a 2nd championship win.

I understand your sentiment that weaker teams should be given the best possible chance. But you are forgetting the fans that travel to the match. It cost me almost 100 Euro in petrol alone to go to that match in Clare. Surely its not fair that some fans would be required to shell out that money every time just because their team is doing well? I was dreading another away draw and not because I would worry so much about advantage, simply because of the costs starting to really mount up.

Blowitupref

What's the story with so many 7pm throw ins these days? Not fair for the traveling support IMO
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2011, 05:02:32 PM
What's the story with so many 7pm throw ins these days? Not fair for the traveling support IMO

Saturday afternoon shopping traffic in a lot of the provincial towns is the reasoning often offered.

Evening throw ins generally generate a better atmosphere in my experience.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross4life

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 27, 2011, 04:29:50 PM
Feel sorry for Leitrim worst possible draw teams like them should be allowed a home game. London will fancy a 2nd championship win.

I understand your sentiment that weaker teams should be given the best possible chance. But you are forgetting the fans that travel to the match. It cost me almost 100 Euro in petrol alone to go to that match in Clare. Surely its not fair that some fans would be required to shell out that money every time just because their team is doing well? I was dreading another away draw and not because I would worry so much about advantage, simply because of the costs starting to really mount up.

Point taken. i was only thinking of it from a Leitrim point of view.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2011, 05:14:42 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on June 27, 2011, 04:29:50 PM

Point taken. i was only thinking of it from a Leitrim point of view.

Are you from Leitrim?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 27, 2011, 05:10:09 PM

Saturday afternoon shopping traffic in a lot of the provincial towns is the reasoning often offered.

Yes they do generate better atomspheres but for some traveling support especially with small children they don't get home until very late at night.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

Quote from: waitingforsam on June 27, 2011, 03:17:04 PM

Pearse Park, 7.00pm An Longfort v Tír Eoghain

Longford Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary)

b**tards are at it already.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2011, 05:18:38 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 27, 2011, 05:10:09 PM

Yes they do generate better atomspheres but for some traveling support especially with small children they don't get home until very late at night.

Kids love being let stay up late.
If you were any use you'd be playing.