PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

There's not much point in anyone else even bothering when MVG is in the mood. They all know if too. Taylor obviously did likewise for 20 years but MVG's ability to switch and pick out any treble or double on the board when he needs it, is unparalleled.

quit yo jibbajabba

Peak taylor v peak mvg who wins. Watched a bit tonight yer mans like a machine

Ghost

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 02, 2023, 11:27:10 PM
Peak taylor v peak mvg who wins. Watched a bit tonight yer mans like a machine

Peak Van Gerwen without question.

rodney trotter

The standard is higher then when Taylor was dominating. As good as Van Garwen is,he hasn't won the World since 2019. He's back to that level of 2019 in this tournament.

thewobbler

I'd have an inkling towards MvG myself as his ability to make top class players look like pub drunks is extraordinary.

But the thing with darts is that averages just don't lie. They can't get padded over time. There's no adjustment needed to compare old with new like in many sports. And Taylor's averages would stack him up to take this down to the final leg, and maybe even win this game.

andoireabu

Quote from: thewobbler on January 03, 2023, 12:34:57 AM
I'd have an inkling towards MvG myself as his ability to make top class players look like pub drunks is extraordinary.

But the thing with darts is that averages just don't lie. They can't get padded over time. There's no adjustment needed to compare old with new like in many sports. And Taylor's averages would stack him up to take this down to the final leg, and maybe even win this game.

I'd edge towards MVG also but Taylor would slow the game down a lot if he was playing MVG to try and put him off his rhythm.  I remember watching him against Anderson in one of the last years he played and he was at all sorts of sh1te trying to put Anderson off his game.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

tintin25

No-one is coming close to Taylor's achievements in fairness

yellowcard

Yes as much as I don't like Taylor he was a freak of nature. It's unlikely that anyone will come close to matching his number of titles or dominate a sport the way he did. MVG was at his level for 5 or 6 years but then he fell back into the pack. He looks like he might be getting back close to that level again and at his absolute peak he was more explosive than Taylor but I don't think he beats Taylor for consistency of performance. 

GiveItToTheShooters

People picking MVG over the best player of all time is hilarious

SHEEDY

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 03, 2023, 05:49:57 PM
it's hardly hilarious, peak Mvg would beat Taylor imo, Mvgs scoring, doubling and averages are up there with anything Taylor produced. Taylors level of consistency at the top though will never be matched.
nil satis nisi optimum

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 03, 2023, 06:21:21 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 03, 2023, 05:49:57 PM
it's hardly hilarious, peak Mvg would beat Taylor imo, Mvgs scoring, doubling and averages are up there with anything Taylor produced. Taylors level of consistency at the top though will never be matched.
It's definitely hilarious

quit yo jibbajabba

Have i just watched the best leg of darts ever?!?!

andoireabu

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 03, 2023, 08:50:52 PM

Ridiculous standard so far. Never seen both on for 9s like that before
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

gerrykeegan

It can't be topped. Two lads bought had a throw for 9 darter, one gets it one doesn't, what can top that
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Targetman

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 03, 2023, 08:50:52 PM
It'd take some beating!