PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Great match last night. Best of the tournament so far imo. Rock a future world champion. Clayton a class act though.

Orior

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 29, 2022, 11:35:05 PM
Go Johnny go... Great match but glad to see Clayton get the win 👌

Hard luck Josh, for a while I thought he might do it. Fine display of paraphernalia too - NI fleg, Union Jack and poppy so doubt he plays much hurling.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Sportacus

The darts are brilliant. Pure psychology. Clayton was ice cold, Rock couldn't finish his chances. Pressure got to him. 

tintin25

Quote from: Orior on December 30, 2022, 09:18:35 AM
Go Johnny go... Great match but glad to see Clayton get the win

Hard luck Josh, for a while I thought he might do it. Fine display of paraphernalia too - NI fleg, Union Jack and poppy so doubt he plays much hurling.

Couldn't care less about any of that, he's from NI so I wanted him to win

Hound

I've small bets on Clayton and Cross for added interest (though did them without checking that MvG was in the same part of the draw 😕) so I was up for Clayton. But I would prefer if the lads from the 6 counties didn't wear anything that could be construed as sectarian. Having said that, I didn't mind the NI flag (that's what's on screen for all the NI players), I didn't see the poppy and I don't mind Dolan's shamrocks, but Rock's union jack flights did annoy me. No need for it

But he looks like a top class player in the making and should quickly become Ireland's best ever darter. 

NotedObserver

Quote from: tintin25 on December 30, 2022, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: Orior on December 30, 2022, 09:18:35 AM
Go Johnny go... Great match but glad to see Clayton get the win

Couldn't care less about any of that, he's from NI so I wanted him to win

Where was the poppy?

yellowcard

Rock played well last night but he tightened up when it came to finishing off legs and really ought to have won that match. But if he continues scoring the way he has then the titles will follow.

The political statements with all the paraphernalia are actually self defeating in an individual sport but he is young and probably comes from a working class background where it is normal to use flags and emblems so I wouldn't be too judgemental. As he joins the top rank of players he'd be best to ditch the Union Jack darts though and focus on the darts.

Rossfan

Why is the old Stormont flag, (obsolete for 50 years and exclusive of 56% of people there) still used for sporting events?
Also why the need to display flags in an individualist sport like darts or golf?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Price with the ear defenders is different.

SHEEDY

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 01, 2023, 08:40:37 PM
crowd haven't even been that bad, Clemens playing better stuff. Price looks rattled.
nil satis nisi optimum

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 01, 2023, 08:40:37 PM

Couldn't like thon Welsh hoor if ye breast fed him
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

square_ball

Price made an absolute mug of himself there.

mrdeeds

It's his own behaviour that causes the boos.

bennydorano

Ear defenders over ear plugs! Have watched Mervyn King many times with the ear plugs, Price with the ear defenders over the plugs made absolutely no sense bar maybe he thought he'd rattle the German. Spoke afterwards and apparently said he mightn't return to the Ally Pally. Bet he feels a right knob today, but you never know what's going on inside someone's head and he's tightly wound at the best of times.

Would love to see Clemens getting thru 2nite, big big ask!

rodney trotter

Smith played really well tonight. Van Gerwen cruising so far.