Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: The official Everton FC Supporters thread
« Last post by Mr. Nakata on Today at 06:24:33 PM »
🎶when Everton win and Liverpool lose🎶

Suds will taste good tonight…first MOTD I’ll watch in months…well played Dyche, well played blues and well played fans…bear pit at Goodison back at last
General discussion / Re: East wall #Irelandisfull
« Last post by burdizzo on Today at 06:19:59 PM »
The Dublin Regulation was supposed to stop this very thing. But, of course, it's not implemented all that much.

GAA Discussion / Re: Should An Glenn object?
« Last post by Ulster Frank on Today at 06:11:07 PM »
Compare KC attitude to that of Clare 25yrs ago when the Offaly game was replayed after the ref made a mistake and blew early.

Clare only agreed to replay as thought Colin Lynch suspension would be lifted
GAA Discussion / Re: GAA WTF
« Last post by Captain Scarlet on Today at 06:10:26 PM »
What was the approach taken? Like if the coach had kids freezing on the line and not giving game time then you can understand the annoyance.
But, if the coach was giving everyone game time and not making it win at all costs then the parents would be in the wrong in my mind.

Maybe I am being dopey here but I don't see what the approach and initial issue is? And I know there is debate over travelling for a non-competitive angle but like it shouldn't end in the courts.
Is this  the beginning of the end  for  Klopp at Liverpool?

Would ya ever f**k off with this shite.

Utter knee jerk nonsense.

Like someone telling a bad joke and retelling in the hope eventually they get a laugh.

Need to keep calm pick up a win or 2 here and there and get to the end of the season. A lot of flak will be coming the club's  way. Ignore that and regroup. Everything that could go wrong this season has. A lot of upheaval on and off the pitch and no consistency in team selection due to chronic injury list. Arsenal sitting top with mostly same team all season bar 1 or 2. Not rocket science.Not the only factor but a big one.

Diaz and Jota huge misses all season.

Two quality midfielders and a right back needed this summer.
General discussion / Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Last post by HiMucker on Today at 05:49:03 PM »
Unbelievable try!
General discussion / Re: Premier League 2022-2023
« Last post by jcpen on Today at 05:44:30 PM »
Newcastle 1 up already which would put them 6 points ahead of Spurs should it stay like that.
The Top 4 (teams that are there now)won’t be changed by the end of the season.
Antrim / Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Last post by JimStynes on Today at 05:42:39 PM »
Anywhere to watch the match online?
General discussion / Re: Premier League 2022-2023
« Last post by thewobbler on Today at 05:30:16 PM »
Big game tomorrow between Spurs and City. City will want to capitalise and turn the screw on Arsenal. But if Newcastle win this evening, Spurs need the win to stay in the hunt for CL. It's pretty clear after this weekend there are no other teams in contention.

Big results at the bottom of the table. A lot of teams there on very thin ice. If Everton get organised plenty of time to save season.
The Top 4 will stay as it is as regards what teams are in it. The positions might change but the teams in the top 4 now are the same that will be there at the end of the season.

That’s an interesting assessment.

Spurs who’ve a recent history of getting into the CL, are all over the place and yet are only 3 points behind Newcastle who are one of the few clubs in the world with a history of underachievement that matches Spurs.

United are flying but their fortunes depend on the availability of Rashford and Casemiro.

Meanwhile Brighton don’t care if they’re pillaged every week by the bigger clubs.

I’d expect this to go down to the final weeks.
Genuine question, but does anyone think Klopp might walk?
That team needs some serious investment and if it’s not going to happen than will he walk?
FSG don’t seem the sort to spend hundreds of millions in one transfer window but imho that’s what Liverpool need.
Jude Bellingham for example on his own isn’t going to fix that team.  Midfield and defence need massive improvements and it won’t come cheap.

I think they need someone like Declan Rice.

They have a much better version of Declan Rice already in the shape of Fabinho.

Yes he looks like a cart horse atm, but spending £100m to replace an out of form player with the midfield “general” of a team 17th in the league, well that would be madness.

Liverpool’s best approach for this season is to stay away from Europa and the next one down placing a, bring in young players to see how they blend and experiment a little with recent signings. Take pressure off TAA, VVD, Fabinho, Salah and tell them to enjoy the rest of the season with no pressure. It’s all about next season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10