The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 22, 2011, 03:17:30 PM
Better all round performance.  Great performance from Merieles especially, and what a goal!
Poulsen actually played well first half but after the second goal he was on a one man mission to get Wolves back into it.
Add Gerrard plus hopefully Adams and Suarez and things might actually start improving and actually push for a European place. 
Great to see so many Red shirts pushing forward today at any chance they could get.

Is he any good?

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 22, 2011, 02:42:05 PM
3-0 FT..

Great team performance,lads even Poulsen couldn't be faulted and thats saying something!
I know Meireles goal will get the headlines but for me the 3rd goal and the build up to it was a joy to watch.

Agree 100%. I was watching it going 'Woah, Pass and Move, what's going on'? It's not that difficult and they are well able to do it. Enough of this clattering it down the channels for Kuyt or Torres to chase.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 24, 2011, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 22, 2011, 03:17:30 PM
Better all round performance.  Great performance from Merieles especially, and what a goal!
Poulsen actually played well first half but after the second goal he was on a one man mission to get Wolves back into it.
Add Gerrard plus hopefully Adams and Suarez and things might actually start improving and actually push for a European place. 
Great to see so many Red shirts pushing forward today at any chance they could get.

Is he any good?

Going by his performances this season for Blackpool i reckon he could add something to the Liverpool team.

Goats Do Shave

Minder

Dutch club Ajax have told Liverpool to come up with a "respectful" offer for their Uruguay striker Luis Suarez.
Liverpool have made a £12.7m bid for the 23-year-old and the Reds' director of football strategy Damien Comolli travelled to Amsterdam on Monday.

"We'll have to wait for them to come back with something more respectful," an Ajax spokesman told BBC Sport.
"We want to keep him - at least until the end of the season and preferably for the rest of his contract."
Clubs usually have to pay a premium to sign players during the January transfer window - Bosnia striker Edin Dzeko reportedly cost Manchester City £27m earlier this month - and Ajax suggested Liverpool would have to do so as well if they wanted Suarez.

"If you compare the 15m euros [£12.7m] Liverpool want to pay for Suarez with other transfers you can imagine that it's far too low for us.
"Luis is our top goalscorer for the last three years and also the man with by far the most assists as well.
"He was one of the big guys for Uruguay in helping them come third in the World Cup in the summer and he still has a contract with us for two-and-a-half years."
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Big Puff

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2011, 09:35:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 24, 2011, 09:22:54 PM
Babel away to Hoffenheim
looks like it
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6699573,00.html

i though he had turned them down?

just a spin to get the deal done!

£20million bid may be enough for Suarez, can see him and adam come in this jan.

Would want to see a natural winger signed though.

heganboy

love Ian Holloway:
news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9372270.stm
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

Hearing that Spearing going to Blackpool on loan till the end of the season might be part of the Adam deal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on January 25, 2011, 08:44:04 AM
Hearing that Spearing going to Blackpool on loan till the end of the season might be part of the Adam deal.

That would be good business if it came through.  Spearing is still s bit raw and needs more game time to see if he will make the cut.  He isn't going to get that at Liverpool, particularly if Adam came in.  If Adam and Saurez came in, and the team continues to develop then things will look more rosey.  A steady progress in the PL to finish in top 7 and a decent run in the knock outs of the Europa and that would be success given the year so far.

Banana Man

screenexile

I think Adam would be a good player for Liverpool but I would agree somewhat with Holloway that he is their best player and a bid of £4m for a player of 25 years old is an insult!! I would imagine that unless Liverppool come somewhere close to the £10m and throw in Spearing they won't get him.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2011, 09:54:46 AM
I think Adam would be a good player for Liverpool but I would agree somewhat with Holloway that he is their best player and a bid of £4m for a player of 25 years old is an insult!! I would imagine that unless Liverpool come somewhere close to the £10m and throw in Spearing they won't get him.

I think £6.5m and Spearing on loan will get him, maybe with an option to buy Spearing.  He is a good player but still not a superstar.  i reckon though that the Clarke and KK will get him to the next level, at least he will be able to understand them ;D

A rumour this morning that McClaren will pay £6.5m for Jova to replace Dzecko.  If true it should be snapped up as I can't see him making it.  £12m for him and Babel together would give nearly half of what will be needed to get Adam and Suarez. ;D  Good business!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 25, 2011, 10:18:18 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2011, 09:54:46 AM
I think Adam would be a good player for Liverpool but I would agree somewhat with Holloway that he is their best player and a bid of £4m for a player of 25 years old is an insult!! I would imagine that unless Liverpool come somewhere close to the £10m and throw in Spearing they won't get him.

I think £6.5m and Spearing on loan will get him, maybe with an option to buy Spearing.  He is a good player but still not a superstar.  i reckon though that the Clarke and KK will get him to the next level, at least he will be able to understand them ;D

A rumour this morning that McClaren will pay £6.5m for Jova to replace Dzecko.   If true it should be snapped up as I can't see him making it.  £12m for him and Babel together would give nearly half of what will be needed to get Adam and Suarez. ;D  Good business!

I saw that too but it's from goal.com which isn't a credible source. Would be great if it were true though!