Laois Senior Football Championship 2023

Started by Spiritof86, March 02, 2023, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Think Emo might beat O'Dempseys.
Portlaoise and Portarlington are certs. Killeshin might make it third time lucky v Killeen.
Graigue to edge The Heath and Joe's and BA to end a draw and go to penalties!
Would have predicted Ballyfin and Courtwood last night. It's noticeable that the dual clubs - Ballyfin, Rosenallis, Park-Ratheniska and Clonaslee are all likely to fight out the relegation battle with possibly Killeen getting dragged into it too.
It's hard to play championship every weekend in two codes with some or a lot of the same players.

Blow-in

Satisfying evening for Kieran Kelly. Serious job done with Killeshin it seems while his former club Ratheniska took a tumble on Thursday evening. Contrasting weekends ahead for both clubs

clonadmad

Quote from: The PRO on August 11, 2023, 07:43:57 AM
Think Emo might beat O'Dempseys.
Portlaoise and Portarlington are certs. Killeshin might make it third time lucky v Killeen.
Graigue to edge The Heath and Joe's and BA to end a draw and go to penalties!
Would have predicted Ballyfin and Courtwood last night. It's noticeable that the dual clubs - Ballyfin, Rosenallis, Park-Ratheniska and Clonaslee are all likely to fight out the relegation battle with possibly Killeen getting dragged into it too.
It's hard to play championship every weekend in two codes with some or a lot of the same players.

Be interesting to see of the dual Clubs how many actually have dual players playing

I presume Rosenallis would have the highest playing with their first team  with park having the lowest

Sir Alex7

Going by their most recent matches in both codes rosenallis had 14 dual players, clonaslee 11,ballyfin 8 and park only had de one player tat plays on prt 1st team

BallyroanAbbey

We'd have a few hurling Senior with Abbeyleix, have one with Ballypickas on our seniors and a few more scattered between Colt/Shanahoe and PRT

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 11, 2023, 11:50:38 PM
Satisfying evening for Kieran Kelly. Serious job done with Killeshin it seems while his former club Ratheniska took a tumble on Thursday evening. Contrasting weekends ahead for both clubs

Did PR dispose of Kieran?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Blow-in

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 12, 2023, 12:21:04 PM

No, I meant in terms of two very good championship campaigns with two different clubs for him.

Sir Alex7

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on August 12, 2023, 11:02:28 AM
We'd have a few hurling Senior with Abbeyleix, have one with Ballypickas on our seniors and a few more scattered between Colt/Shanahoe and PRT
Ballyroan abbey have 9 dual players(intermediate team has 10),portlaoise 3,heath 3,st josephs 1(shanahan + lynch didnt play de 1st round), emo 2,o dempseys 1 and courtwood 1

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Some good games over the weekend and here are the results:

Courtwood          1-14
Park-Ratheniska  1-09

C'lee- Manman's  1-14
Ballyfin               1-10

Killeshin             0-19
Arles-Killeen       1-12

Portlaoise           2-10
Rosenallis           0-11

Portarlington      0-16
Stradbally          1-08

Graiguecullen     3-10
The Heath          0-07

O'Dempsey's      2-15
Emo                  1-14

St Joseph's        0-14
B'roan-Abbey     0-12

Laois Senior Football Championship Draw, Round 3

Stradbally v Graiguecullen
Killeshin v Portlaoise
Emo v Clonaslee-St Manman's
Ballyroan-Abbey v Courtwood
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Jd

Ó Dempseys surprised me again. I thought emo would be comfortable yesterday against them but they were well the better team they had a better spread of scores with young Costello more or less carrying Emo hopes along with Kirwan. A lot of the O Ds young lads I wouldn't recognise but they really give everything so a well deserved win for them
Joseph's just scraped by... kept hanging in there and finished that bit stronger. Ballyroan will be disappointed but had a few chances and didn't take them. They'll still be in the quarters and maybe the defeat will stand to them

Spiritof86

I think Will Stradbally be there or thereabouts this year . Have a stronger panel now of players in place and there match with Graigue will be interesting.

Sideline12

Just Guessing Quarter Final-Draw.
Ballyrone-Abbey v O'Dempsey's
St.Joseph's v Emo
Port v Portlaois
Killeshin v Graiguecullen

on the hop

First time to see any matches this year, I thought portlaoise have gone right back into the pack. Still playing a defensive system which will make it very hard for them to be beaten but likewise very hard for them to post a big score, the named forwards only scored 1-3 from play. Rosenalis were limited enough but still managed 0-5 from play by their forwards. David Dooley very tidy centre back for them.

Second game much better. Port still have what most other clubs don't have in a number of different scoring forwards. They did struggle on kickouts and the keeper and the full back line had their hairy moments. Stradbally had a  strong second half for a good period and though light in size in the forwards they had pace and lots of movement. Keeping forwards up at all times gave them an outlet. Deegan that came on in the second half probably should have been on earlier .

Not a whole lot in terms of new players that were involved already or previously asked.

Robbo

Evrything feels a bit stale or something I feel this year. Maybe its just me as my own club havent been very good but both the football and hurling just seem like everyone is waiting for something to ignite things. Waste of a weeken coming up now with hurling and with EP therel be no real hurling for about 5 weeks.

Saw 3 games at weekend

Clonaslee deserved there win. I think they are better than lot of ppl give them credit for and they have that grit to ground out wins when other teams drop their levels.

O'Ds also good but emo a bit off. They had a good run a couple of times in each half but too many players drifted in and out of the game.

Finally josephs might actually be genuine contendres. Ballyron were better for most of the game but nobody around me was even a bit shocked when they cudnt turn it intoa win. Lot of good players on show but vry few very good ones.

Hard to see past Port still. Heard graigue were good as well actually. Them 2 and portlaoise and joes for semis.

I'm gonna guess courtwood to win snr B.

I think intermediate will be tight. Ballylinan might just edge it.

Have a funny feeling harps might win the junior. Be good for football down that side of the country.