9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Champion The Wonder Horse

Offaly were shockingly poor.

But mission accomplished.

tbrick18

Derry were in complete control of that game.
The only criticism is that we should have had about 4 goals too.
Glass is getting better all the time.
Mckinless is a real asset at chb. Drives forward and defends well.
Someone says Chrissy should push up, I don't agree at all.
He can't carry a ball through a tackle like mckinless or any of the other half backs for that matter. Doesn't have the same pace or movement.
He got a point today when the game was over.
I've said it on this forum for years that at county level he's not a half back. Corner back is the best position for him I think. He actually struggled a bit today under the high ball.

Mcguigan wasn't at his usual level and should have had at least a goal.
The sideline point was unreal.

Whilst we are going well, donegal or down will be a huge step up. My worry is we haven't be played anyone at that level and we might come unstuck. But, we're progressing, playing as a team, are well organised and have some top players that will hopefully keep improving.

Can anyone tell me why the goal was disallowed for a square ball? I thought the ref was awful generally.

Silver hill

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 19, 2021, 06:48:35 PM
Congratulations I think Chrissy pushing up the park in the second half gives Derry so much more. He has too much footballing ability to be stuck in the full back line. Looking good, Ulster not as clear cut this year. Fancy Armagh, Derry and Down to give it a serious shot.

A master stroke by Gallagher getting mckaigue out of chb and into the corner. Changes the whole attacking dynamic by having Mckindless in there instead.

Another impressive feature yesterday was winning comfortably and scoring 20 odd points when our marquee forward had an off day by his standards

theticklemister

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 19, 2021, 08:34:02 PM
Derry were in complete control of that game.
The only criticism is that we should have had about 4 goals too.
Glass is getting better all the time.
Mckinless is a real asset at chb. Drives forward and defends well.
Someone says Chrissy should push up, I don't agree at all.
He can't carry a ball through a tackle like mckinless or any of the other half backs for that matter. Doesn't have the same pace or movement.
He got a point today when the game was over.
I've said it on this forum for years that at county level he's not a half back. Corner back is the best position for him I think. He actually struggled a bit today under the high ball.

Mcguigan wasn't at his usual level and should have had at least a goal.
The sideline point was unreal.

Whilst we are going well, donegal or down will be a huge step up. My worry is we haven't be played anyone at that level and we might come unstuck. But, we're progressing, playing as a team, are well organised and have some top players that will hopefully keep improving.

Can anyone tell me why the goal was disallowed for a square ball? I thought the ref was awful generally.

Jesus lads, long time no see, I hope youse are all okay.

Excellent post about McKaigue; hit the nail on the head.

I'll see youse later.

Slan.

shawshank

Great league campaign and congratulations to all involved. Gallagher is to be commended in getting the squad committed and being together. It seems to be a message coming through strong. Gallagher needed what every manager & team needs is a bit of luck and that is in the form of Glass returning home to fill a serious problem area for us at mf, he has some work rate and his turnover rate has to be extremely high, never mind his ability to play football. Also Gallaghers ability or perhaps Enda's or probably both to get Mc Kindless committed has been so instrumental, although I think Gallagher  personality is the type players can warm to. Early days yet but Mc Kindless is easily the best chb we have had since Downey, can tackle, read the game, has pace and breaks tackle at pace. Now he has to prove it consistently over the next few years at championship level for Derry. Read the comments about Mc Kaigue, no question about it, much better at cb, simply does not have the pace in him at this level for the HB line. Good player for sure, but when you see Mc Kindless play the chb position it highlights the difference in the two players in the chb position, and its huge.  A predominately young team that will improve as they are exposed to higher level games and with young talent also coming through we have every reason to be confident and look forward to the next few years. My personal view is that this is the best group of players we have coming through since 2000-04 period.

Newbridge Exile

Best of luck to the 2020 Minors in their Ulster final tonight against Monaghan

JGDoire

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Monaghan too many effy frees to tighten the game, yet the same foul out the field for Derry not given. Goalkeeper just saved their ass there.

Wildweasel74

Blg Higgins middle of the field can catch a ball

restorepride

Great result.  The strong start stood to them throughout.  Another welcome underage Ulster football title which feeds into an upward curve.  Restores the pride!  Doire abĂș!!   

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2021, 08:49:57 PM
That's Ref f**king Biased

It can be hard to be objective when your team is playing, but I have to agree. He was awful sore on Derry.

tbrick18

It was great to see the minors win last night, there's some really good footballers in that side.
The most impressive thing for me was the link up play and the running off the ball.
They really should have had the game won by half time and were kind of left hanging on at the end.
But great result and the county scene in Derry certainly seems to be on an upward curve at the moment.