Ireland v Australia, Rules Test 1, Breffni Park, Saturday 19 October 2013

Started by BennyCake, October 02, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Tommy Carr saying that he sees no reason why the Aussie Rules tackle can't be implemented in Gaelic football.

Must we hear this argument every time these games are played?

From the Bunker

The only way i could see it attracting my attention would be for our players to play Aussie rules when we go south and them to play football when they come north. Forget about the compromise. That way we'd see real Gaa players play the game here. And adapting players play on tour.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on October 20, 2013, 03:01:36 PM
It's a vanity project for the GAA and the players, which represents the worst of two fantastic sports (sponsored by a hateful rag, I might add).
I doubt we'll see it again after this year.

It would be worth getting rid of it just to stop your constant bellyaching. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Sidney on October 20, 2013, 04:27:26 PM
Tommy Carr saying that he sees no reason why the Aussie Rules tackle can't be implemented in Gaelic football.

Must we hear this argument every time these games are played?

I stopped reading after this bit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

I believe Murphy was outstanding for Glenswilly today ... How anyone could question his decision to play for Ireland last night is beyond me!!

thejuice

Zack Touhy came on as a sub for Postlaoise today.

Some of the Aussie lads could have got a game today I'd say if they showed up at county grounds today.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Sidney

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2013, 09:06:14 PM
I believe Murphy was outstanding for Glenswilly today ... How anyone could question his decision to play for Ireland last night is beyond me!!
Fair play to him, and fook the begrudgers.

Jinxy

Great stuff from him by the sound of it.
1-5 and a man of the match performance.

Now just imagine he'd been injured last night.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Leo

It's a vanity project for the GAA and the players, which represents the worst of two fantastic sports (sponsored by a hateful rag, I might add).

Only 90% correct. We will see it again because the Aussie freebie trips for officials will ensure that this spurious nonesense will continue. Sure the players like it - it gives some stati]us and the possibility of a paid (yes "paid") trip abroad - but in the end of the day the suits who organise and run this invented stuff will still yearn for their wee trips all expenses paid to Aussie now and then as well as the big dinners at home. It is a circus and those who applaud and turn up are the clowns.
Fierce tame altogether

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on October 20, 2013, 10:09:42 PM

Great stuff from him by the sound of it.
1-5 and a man of the match performance.

Now just imagine he'd been injured last night.

Shhhh Jinxy, Don't be saying such things! There was no way he would have got injured. Now go down the room and find those blinkers and put them on.  :P

Rossfan

Quote from: Leo on October 20, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
It is a circus and those who applaud and turn up are the clowns.
I've always enjoyed circuses and I'm not a clown.

muppet

Quote from: Leo on October 20, 2013, 10:24:21 PM

Only 90% correct. We will see it again because the Aussie freebie trips for officials will ensure that this spurious nonesense will continue. Sure the players like it - it gives some stati]us and the possibility of a paid (yes "paid") trip abroad - but in the end of the day the suits who organise and run this invented stuff will still yearn for their wee trips all expenses paid to Aussie now and then as well as the big dinners at home. It is a circus and those who applaud and turn up are the clowns.

All hail the new Caesar.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Fear ón Srath Bán

A peculiarly and particularly anaemic 'contest' that should now have the decent thing done, and the coffin lid nailed firmly shut. 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...