Club with the longest name?

Started by Lecale2, September 18, 2009, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

I met a woman recently who proudly informed me that Newtownbutler First Fermanagh's Gaelic Football Club has the longest name of any GAA in the world.

Why someone would want to claim this I don't know. I suppose in Newtownbutler there isn't too much to boast about.

Surely there must be another club somewhere with a longer name than that or is this accepted as fact? Should someone inform the Guinness Book of Records?

rrhf

Carraigtwohills SoniaO'Sullivans Gaelic Athletic Club. 

need coffee

Canalman

Castleblaney Fág an Bealach / Foxrock Geraldine Morans must be in with a shout.

Many other "amalgamation" type clubs are long winded also. For example the no longer with us Robert Emmetts/St James Gaels GAC....... they I believe have split.

bingobus

Quote from: Canalman on September 18, 2009, 09:23:52 AM

Many other "amalgamation" type clubs are long winded also. For example the no longer with us Robert Emmetts/St James Gaels GAC....... they I believe have split.

>:( You've left out a "y" in CastleblaYney. That could cost us a position in the final league table.  ;D

Rois

Eoghain Rua Ui Neill Leac Phadraig (Tir Eoghain)

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on September 18, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
Quote from: Canalman on September 18, 2009, 09:23:52 AM

>:( You've left out a "y" in CastleblaYney. That could cost us a position in the final league table.  ;D

The name suits them well.... they expect the rest of us to 'fág an bealach'!!!

I preferred it when they were the Gladstones  ;)

A Quinn Martin Production

Saint Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh Gaelic Athletic Association Club (Dublin)?  Couldn't be arsed counting them but that's a lotta letters
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

5 Sams

In Down I'd say the record holders are "Themfcukinhoorsfromthepointroad GAC" ;)
The Aristocrat Years

DownFanatic

I once played for our amalgamated Minors who went by the name of Dun Droma Baile Chionnelora Laochra na Farraige,

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RMDrive

Frank Casey

KERRY 3:7

stephenite

ardal

Naomh Fermín GAC, futbol irlandes, Iruña / Pamplona

it's a winner? It's self publicity?