Referees Course

Started by Blacksheep, January 22, 2007, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksheep

That looks tough enough Gabriel! BTW whats a bleep test level 8?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

aontroim abu

gabriel, the bleep test has been dropped. in fact as of this year there are new standards to be met, with elite refs having to do the 3200m in 14 minutes

Guillem2

What's that in miles? Over 2 miles? In 14 minutes? That's good going for someone in their 40s.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

SlimShady

yes but thats for an Elite ref. not your average Antrim Division 6 Football!

aontroim abu

guillem it is 2 miles - approx 8 laps of a football pitch. for provincial refs it is 15 min 30secs, which is still good going.

slim any chance of you getting off the soapbox and quitting your whinging. As YOU have already said they have to be respected for at least putting their head on the chopping block - something YOO have also said you would never do

SlimShady

I'm pointing out that Antrim Club Refs dont have to do 2 miles in 14 mins.

Something I said I would never do AGAIN

Dickhead.

aontroim abu

SlimShady

by your reckoning then you should be appreciating and respecting me so.

we'll start with an apology shall we?  :)

aontroim abu

Now slim, lets back that trailer up a wee bit. for a start ive never yet heard the "s" word used in gaa circles. And of course i do respect you for refereeing IN THE PAST, but i would respect you more if you were out doing it now!
lets just leave it at that eh?

playwiththewind1st

Never mind the refs, exactly how much training would an average Division 6 footballer do?

:D

SlimShady

meh, that will do, apology accepted!  :)

its almost impossible to try and play and Ref at the same time which is why I dont. Add the fact that a certain Refs Secretary seemed to know only my address when posting out reports and it doesnt leave much time for anything else.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotegabriel, the bleep test has been dropped. in fact as of this year there are new standards to be met, with elite refs having to do the 3200m in 14 minutes

Ah right sorry - I was going by the 2004 guidelines

Guillem2

What ta feck is a Bleep test? In Blacksheep's case could he do a bleet test?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Gabriel_Hurl

Blacksheep

Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!