Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

It has a slightly wider interpretation than simply 'act if God' and can apply in other circumstances depending of course on how flexible the parties want to be. I see Edwin Poots and UFU are up in arms about proposed YK/Australia beef feel which will involve zero tariffs and quotas. While protocol will protect NI from being flooded with it the GB market for NI beef will go as they won't be able to compete on price. This is only the start of it.
Careful now

bennydorano

Jesus, the One Nation One Britain shitfest. Worth investigating on twitter

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/23/uk-education-secretary-mocked-for-one-britain-one-nation-day-song

The whiff of fascism is increasing with this lot

general_lee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57666255

Another nail in the Unions coffin. Off they go to the Supreme Court  :D

Rois

Quote from: general_lee on June 30, 2021, 12:31:33 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57666255

Another nail in the Unions coffin. Off they go to the Supreme Court  :D
I love that it was Justice Colton who delivered the ruling  ;D

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Brexit: UK to outline how it wants to overhaul Northern Ireland Protocol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57911148

Cant be great news I'd imagine, more conflict, antagonism and uncertainty.

imtommygunn

they're using loyalists to stir it up too.

Milltown Row2

I can get the fact that there needs to be controls of 'goods' entering NI from Britain but I was looking at it from the likes of foods not materials like wood, steel and things like that.

The reason why I'm asking is that more and more companies are not delivering to the north and I'm taking, lets say, garden furniture, what's the difficulty in the paperwork or is it a handy excuse to not bother shipping here?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2021, 11:43:34 AM
I can get the fact that there needs to be controls of 'goods' entering NI from Britain but I was looking at it from the likes of foods not materials like wood, steel and things like that.

The reason why I'm asking is that more and more companies are not delivering to the north and I'm taking, lets say, garden furniture, what's the difficulty in the paperwork or is it a handy excuse to not bother shipping here?

Alot of garden furniture bound for Europe was on that boat stuck in the suez canal

lfdown2

My take is that while it may not be that hard to get up to speed with the paperwork we are such a small market most just can't be ars*d.

johnnycool

Quote from: lfdown2 on July 21, 2021, 12:14:45 PM

My take is that while it may not be that hard to get up to speed with the paperwork we are such a small market most just can't be ars*d.

This and the pricks in GB haven't fully resourced their end of the bargain. Probably didn't expect the EU to make them honour their side of the agreement, charlatans.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 21, 2021, 12:21:29 PM

This and the pricks in GB haven't fully resourced their end of the bargain. Probably didn't expect the EU to make them honour their side of the agreement, charlatans.

So our useless reps at Westminster can't pull these companies and show them up for what it is?

I spoke to one of the firms that I was trying to order from, he said due to brexit we can't deliver, I said I work for a company that delivers from all over Europe and UK to the North, why can't you brext was his reply, no other reason, pure lazy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lfdown2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2021, 12:39:55 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 21, 2021, 12:21:29 PM

So our useless reps at Westminster can't pull these companies and show them up for what it is?

I spoke to one of the firms that I was trying to order from, he said due to brexit we can't deliver, I said I work for a company that delivers from all over Europe and UK to the North, why can't you brext was his reply, no other reason, pure lazy

I would say the effort, or any effort is being deemed not worth the reward for the number of units they are shipping to the north. I would imagine that quite will wait to see how it pans out and will reassess once the difficulties (perceived or otherwise) are ironed out (who knows when that might be).

seafoid

Brexit is a failure. it was based on economic assumptions which failed to materialise.
the EU didn't give the UK free Single Market Access . There are no decent trade deals out there.

Taking the UK out of its economic hinterland is ridiculous.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU