Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

https://mobile.twitter.com/EilisOHanIon/status/1381323285670076424

Christ,  Harris must have dragged RDE in as well for her re-education.

Orior

Could RDE and O'Hanlon be any further up the arses of unionism?

I know they browse GAABoard, so just to let the girls know, there is more to journalism that "unionist good, nationalist bad".
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

I say chaps, we're really taking back control

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56984886

All our proud British fishermen can fish away in British waters with boats they don't have... just don't expect to sell their fish to anyone.
i usse an speelchekor

mouview

Barnier's musings in his forthcoming book will prove interesting, particularly relating to the DUP, who don't come out of it very well;

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/0505/1213988-barnier-book-brexit/

johnnycool

Quote from: mouview on May 05, 2021, 11:29:02 PM
Barnier's musings in his forthcoming book will prove interesting, particularly relating to the DUP, who don't come out of it very well;

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/0505/1213988-barnier-book-brexit/

Don't come out of it very well for most sane, intelligent people but it will go down well with their voting base..

Be under no illusions they wanted the hardest of hard borders on this island irrespective of whatever their public musings were.

imtommygunn

That's hilarious. The DUP didn't bring any solutions - of course they didn't lol. They don't have any. I remember at the start some people were saying they were great negotiators but all they do is say no to everything. That isn't great negotiating. Raab is clearly a buffoon too.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2021, 09:17:16 AM
That's hilarious. The DUP didn't bring any solutions - of course they didn't lol. They don't have any. I remember at the start some people were saying they were great negotiators but all they do is say no to everything. That isn't great negotiating. Raab is clearly a buffoon too.

They have shown they are a one trick pony and when their eternal negotiating plan of simply saying no to everything fails, there is nothing left beneath the surface. This might work on local issues where they can use their veto but certainly not with a trading block of 27 nations! Their diplomacy skills leave an awful lot to be desired and running around insulting everybody meant that they have gradually run out of friends and allies on the international stage (if they ever had much support to begin with outside the UK). Being in government in the UK actually shone a light on their homophobia, creationism, racism, misogyny, and hate filled tendencies to a wider audience who knew nothing about them previously. It definitely didn't enhance their image anyway!   

Angelo

I see Diet Tory Starmer had a terrible result in Hartlepool. First time ever the Tories have won a seat there.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GJL

Quote from: Angelo on May 07, 2021, 12:57:51 PM
I see Diet Tory Starmer had a terrible result in Hartlepool. First time ever the Tories have won a seat there.

Labour are a bit like the Ulster Unionist party. An open goal in front of them and still can't score. There really are very few politicians of any quality in the World at present.

Denn Forever

Tories have held it before, early 50s.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tiempo

Quote from: GJL on May 07, 2021, 01:44:24 PM

Labour are a bit like the Ulster Unionist party. An open goal in front of them and still can't score. There really are very few politicians of any quality in the World at present.

Far from an open goal with Starmer leading the party, more chance of Russell Brand leading the Westminster government

Labour's own goal was the Miliband split

Corbyn had plenty about him but not the ruthless edge of the Tories, their orchestrated character assassination highlights how much of a threat he was to the establishment, the Tories will do everything they can to keep the likes of Starmer going as long as possible as he's no threat whatsoever

bennydorano

I'm sure Hartlepool has had an MP in some shape or form for a lifetime but this constituency is only on the go since the 1970s.

They would have lost seat in the last election only the Brexit party refused to stand aside as they thought they'd a real chance, they did but split the vote and Labour got returned. The result is not unexpected no matter what the Tory press say, but it is a sad indictment of  the state (& perhaps decline) of the Labour Party and the continued rise of English Nationalism under the Tories. 

The continual bickering with the EU is a Tory tactic too, it keeps that Brexity conflict flame flickering.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on May 07, 2021, 02:24:22 PM
I'm sure Hartlepool has had an MP in some shape or form for a lifetime but this constituency is only on the go since the 1970s.

They would have lost seat in the last election only the Brexit party refused to stand aside as they thought they'd a real chance, they did but split the vote and Labour got returned. The result is not unexpected no matter what the Tory press say, but it is a sad indictment of  the state (& perhaps decline) of the Labour Party and the continued rise of English Nationalism under the Tories. 

The continual bickering with the EU is a Tory tactic too, it keeps that Brexity conflict flame flickering.

Labour are effectively a centre right party now with a millionaire Sir as the leader.

Not much appeal there for working class voters, they are now just effectively Diet Tories under the leadership of Starmer.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

mouview

Quote from: Angelo on May 07, 2021, 03:30:40 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 07, 2021, 02:24:22 PM

Labour are effectively a centre right party now with a millionaire Sir as the leader.

Not much appeal there for working class voters, they are now just effectively Diet Tories under the leadership of Starmer.

Starmer's background is as working class as they come - father being a toolmaker. Worked hard and made a success of himself, an example to anyone from his upbringing. No comparison between he and the gilded, entitled, public-school attending Tory elite. Whatever his shortcomings are as a party leader, he comes across as a decent, conscientious politician, unlike the incompetent and mendacious charlatans now populating the Tories since BJ shunted the calm and level-headed Remainers from the party.